TOTA Producers' Upcoming Releases - 2011/2012 Edition
TOTA PRODUCERS' UPCOMING RELEASES/FINISHED TRACKS - 2011/2012 EDITION
Let's keep in mind that the main purpose of this thread is to allow TOTA producers the opportunity to share their completed productions with the rest of the TOTA community so that we can all 1) become more familiar with our friends' sounds, 2) share constructive feedback for helping our friends improve their productions, and 3) help each other, when applicable, promote quality new releases. The hope is that we can keep the thread focused on this overarching goal
RULES FOR POSTING TRACKS:
1. Only TAs (preferably TOTAs...or at least those who visit the TOTA forums regularly) may post tracks
2. Tracks must be posted as EMBEDDED links that are preview-able from within the thread (e.g. Soundcloud and Youtube links)
3. Tracks must be posted with at least 160kbps MP3 quality
4. Originals, Remixes, and Bootlegs (unofficial remixes) are permitted
5. Both SIGNED and UNSIGNED productions may be posted
6. Both FULL tracks and PREVIEWS are permitted
7. PREVIEWS must be AT LEAST 3 MINUTES in length
8. No WORKS-IN-PROGRESS/UNFINISHED TRACKS may be posted
9. A maximum of THREE tracks per user per week may be posted
10. Download links for BOOTLEGS must be posted with 320kbps MP3 quality
11. EDM tracks ONLY (house, techno, minimal, etc.)
12. No excessive spamming (i.e. re-posting the same tunes over and over again and/or relentlessly asking for feedback)
12. Productions must be posted according to the following criteria: Artist(s): Title: Genre: Label: (if applicable) Release Date: (if applicable) Purchase Link: (if applicable) Soundcloud/Youtube/etc. Link:
RULES FOR FEEDBACK:
1. Only CONSTRUCTIVE feedback -- whether positive or negative -- may be posted (e.g. "this track is brutal: the kick has no punch, there's no sub-bass to the bassline, and the mids in the tune are completely over-emphasized" is preferable to "this track is garbage" without any further explanation)
Last edited by Nicolas Oliver on Aug-05-2012 at 15:54
pretty g00d stuff, not too far from what im releasing. not much to crit, perhaps maybe you could shelf the top end a bit higher, ive been noticing i have to do that with my tracks as well, they dont match top end with some pro tracks i compare.
if you ever get an EP or album going, shoot me a pm, i can forward it to my bosses over at mistique music :}
Last edited by MSZ on Mar-24-2011 at 06:23
Registered: Jul 2006
Originally posted by jon jon
dope summer proggy tune... I was expecting a bit more coming out of that breakdown tho!
Nice lush tune!
It's probably the encoding, but the highs sound very under-represented.
Originally posted by jon jon
(ps. nice thread Nick, even if it'll just be 10 of us nerds commenting lol)
Last edited by Nicolas Oliver on Jun-29-2011 at 15:38