Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > NEW Pioneer DJ Monitors....
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DjWoody
Chingon

NEW Pioneer DJ Monitors....

http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.as...uct=S-DJ08&cp=6
http://www.pioneerdjusa.com/gear.as...uct=S-DJ05&cp=6

Old Post Oct-02-2010 03:19  Mexico
Click Here to See the Profile for DjWoody Click here to Send DjWoody a Private Message Visit DjWoody's homepage! Add DjWoody to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
n3lly
www.n3lly.com

Always good for the updates woody

Cheers for the post. They look pretty decent in my opinion but that's not what monitors are about so will be interesting to hear people's reviews on these once they've heard them in person.

Price will be interesting too.

Old Post Oct-02-2010 03:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for n3lly Click here to Send n3lly a Private Message Visit n3lly's homepage! Add n3lly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

nicceee

Old Post Oct-02-2010 03:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for orTofønChiLd Click here to Send orTofønChiLd a Private Message Visit orTofønChiLd's homepage! Add orTofønChiLd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
shaw
RIP

Their attempts in the past at making hi-fi speakers have churned out some utter trash. Let's hope these are the work of a different team.

> S u s h i p u n k . P h o t o g r a p h y <

Old Post Oct-02-2010 05:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for shaw Click here to Send shaw a Private Message Add shaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Supreme tranceaddict

they look like plastic

Old Post Oct-02-2010 16:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shudder
Supreme tranceaddict

how much are these gonna cost? a grand each?

Old Post Oct-03-2010 00:10  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Shudder Click here to Send Shudder a Private Message Add Shudder to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brandt Slater
Supreme tranceaddict

I'd have to listen to them first before judging. They look cool though.

Old Post Oct-03-2010 04:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for Brandt Slater Click here to Send Brandt Slater a Private Message Add Brandt Slater to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stu Cox
Supreme smackaddict

Digital Village are listing a pair of S-DJ08s for £759 in the UK, so I expect they'll be under $1000 in the States. The S-DJ05s are £499, so maybe $600-700 across the pond?

That puts the S-DJ08s in the same price bracket as the Samson Resolv A8s, Yamaha MSP7s and Adam A7Xs...

I'm afraid I don't trust Pioneer to price their products according to sound quality (cos they know mugs will buy them anyway), so you could well be better off looking at other monitors in that price range instead - ones made by people who's focus is high quality speakers, not gadgets for DJs.

But I'm ready to be proven wrong.

Old Post Oct-03-2010 11:20  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Stu Cox Click here to Send Stu Cox a Private Message Visit Stu Cox's homepage! Add Stu Cox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zak McKracken
Supreme tranceaddict

why not use active PA for dj monitors?

Old Post Oct-03-2010 13:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zak McKracken Click here to Send Zak McKracken a Private Message Add Zak McKracken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stu Cox
Supreme smackaddict

quote:
Originally posted by nortek
why not use active PA for dj monitors?

You could (and probably should) in a booth, but these are designed for home/studio use - they've labelled them as reference monitors anyway.

For home/studio DJing yeah you could just use small PA speakers or reasonable hi-fi speakers tbh, but obviously producers want something a bit more and the pickier (or more gullible) DJs might decide they want really clear, flat sound.

I'd naturally assume that these are aimed more at producers, but they do have 'DJ' in the name... sadly if they are just planning to rip off monkeys then it's more likely the sound quality will be a let down, unless they're aiming it at the more elite DJ market, which surely would be fairly limited?

Old Post Oct-03-2010 18:50  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Stu Cox Click here to Send Stu Cox a Private Message Visit Stu Cox's homepage! Add Stu Cox to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > NEW Pioneer DJ Monitors....
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread