Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Erlend Oye - Ghost Trains (stereotypy remix) Deep/Minimalist House
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Omega_Blue
Someone Changed My Custom

Erlend Oye - Ghost Trains (stereotypy remix) Deep/Minimalist House

Erlend Oye - Ghost Trains (don't be lonely mix v2) by Stereotypy

*NOTE- Amount of downloads via Soundcloud has been MAXED OUT. click hyperlink below for download link*

Download Link HERE

I've had this track up on my soundcloud for quite a while now, but the download limit was reached this morning; so while moving the track to permanent hosting (thanks, nou and wrzonance!) i decided to post it up in case any of you guys haven't checked it out already.

this is basically a minimalistic deep house approach at the original erlend oye track- but don't be fooled, when i say "minimalist" i don't mean hipster-mnml, i mean it's deep house with a minimal amount of instrumentation. drums, bass, rhodes, 1 synth. and even though it's my "laziest" piece, production-wise, it's also my most popular track on soundcloud for some reason, lol.

enjoy. questions, comments, and/or constructive criticism greatly appreciated.

SOUNDCLOUD WEBPAGE (new material and dj mixes semi-regularly updated there)

Last edited by Omega_Blue on Sep-23-2010 at 04:28

Old Post Sep-16-2010 15:12  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_Blue Click here to Send Omega_Blue a Private Message Visit Omega_Blue's homepage! Add Omega_Blue to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Owsey
Supreme tranceaddict

I found the vocals to not be my cup of tea, and the intro felt a little lifeless to me with nothing but some drums. But overall I really enjoyed everything else. Very chilling tune, well done!

Old Post Sep-18-2010 15:42 
Click Here to See the Profile for Owsey Click here to Send Owsey a Private Message Add Owsey to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kevin shawn
Like a six ton megabomb

I like this alot! Total chill vibe...

Would like to hear this but sped up too I think a B side remix is in order eventually Again good vibe.

Old Post Sep-22-2010 22:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kevin shawn Click here to Send kevin shawn a Private Message Add kevin shawn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Artois
tranceaddict

great work on this really full track groovy and amazing emotional atmosphere in it

Old Post Sep-23-2010 14:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Artois Click here to Send Artois a Private Message Visit Artois's homepage! Add Artois to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue

hey, thanks for the feedback fellas. i'm thinking about redoing the entire thing- keeping the basic ideas, but maybe changing the arrangement slightly to make it more dj-friendly, as well as updating/tweaking some of the instrumentation so it doesn't sound as muddy. that and the vocals feel a little flat to me, like, literally flat. i think they're like... a demi-semitone off or something. lol

Old Post Sep-23-2010 15:59  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_Blue Click here to Send Omega_Blue a Private Message Visit Omega_Blue's homepage! Add Omega_Blue to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
-FSP-
Supreme tranceaddict

I like the vocal. Reminds me a bit of norm talley. It may be your laziest track, but good ideas pretty much build themselves. Can't really give any feedback on this one, it's already good.

Old Post Sep-23-2010 16:35  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for -FSP- Click here to Send -FSP- a Private Message Add -FSP- to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
G. Cazali
Senior tranceaddict

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no need to speed up the track in my opinion
love the vocals , love that snare

great remix

Old Post Sep-23-2010 19:24  Guatemala
Click Here to See the Profile for G. Cazali Click here to Send G. Cazali a Private Message Visit G. Cazali's homepage! Add G. Cazali to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

Totally awesome track, sir. Love the vibe. Definitely has that 'deep' feel to it. Even though the elements seem minimal, they're definitely up to some intricate stuff.

Very nicely done.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Sep-23-2010 21:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
dF

agree with the others, this sounds great. the sounds are all well chosen and contribute to the overall vibe you achieved. very good work son i am not disappoint.

Old Post Sep-24-2010 05:47  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
theterran
Supreme tranceaddict

Oh that rhodes is indeed nice. Bass is nice as well.

Very reminiscent of Moby from back in the day. (Probably the vocals that do this)

Groovy,

The obligatory : Very nice work m8

Old Post Sep-24-2010 23:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for theterran Click here to Send theterran a Private Message Add theterran to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue

thanks fellas; your feedback and encouragement motivates me to become better and work harder.

i haven't lately, but i'm getting back in the groove now as we speak. it's been too long since i last was productive.

Old Post Sep-25-2010 06:53  South Korea
EgosXII
Aphorism

fucking love erlend oye, used the sample from sudden rush in a track a while ago too

nice work on the track man, adds something nice over the original, different, but still a 'remix'

Old Post Oct-06-2010 09:50  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for EgosXII Click here to Send EgosXII a Private Message Add EgosXII to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Music Producers Promotion > Erlend Oye - Ghost Trains (stereotypy remix) Deep/Minimalist House
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread