Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2010 > WMC has come to an END........ So how was your WMC ths year?
Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SeventhSense
Supreme tranceaddict

Where to begin!?!?! Awesome trip except for getting sick by late friday/saturday.

Monday:
Arrived first thing Monday morning in FLL and we rented a car. Got checked into the condo and then proceeded to pass out for 5 hours. One other friend joined us and we went out to sushi on Lincoln Mall (not sushi samba) and pretty much just kicked it the rest of the night.

Tuesday:
Next load of 4 friends joined us promptly at 7am Tuesday morning, fresh from their red-eye flight. Started to cook breakfast and the power in the condo goes out. Turns out the landlord forgot to pay his power bill and all our keycards no longer worked. Hrmmmmmm at this point we were thinking foreclosure? Luckily after about 4 hours of waiting we got the cards working and they paid their bills and power was restored by 2ish. In the meantime those of us still hanging around the condo had pollished off a couple 12-packs and were nice and toasty. Lunch was minimal and dinner never happened. Worried about crowds we rolled to Dream for Markus Schulz pretty early and got in the door at about 10ish. There, we proceeded to upgrade to a VIP table next to the bottle. And... things went downhill from there. 4 of us polished of the biggest bottle of 10-Cane rum i have ever seen in about 2 hours. My friend drank himself into gumby-status and couldnt stand up or walk. A bouncer and I had to carry a 6'4" 250lbs man through the club and out into a taxi with his girlfriend. Luckily the bouncers were AWESOME about it and didnt kick myself or the other remaining guy out of the club. We stuck around until a bit past 3 listening to markus and the stumbled back to the condo. Its amazing how fast you can walk 12 blocks when drunk!

Wednesday:
A bit hungover in the morning, but nothing 2 EmergenC's wouldnt cure. Cruised out to the Beach Plaza for the rest of the day where my friend was on the decks to open things up. Caught a bunch of great house music and met up with a bunch of friends from last year. Headed back to the condo about 10ish and passed out until 10am on Thursday WHOA!!

Thursday:

Hit up a mammoth breakfast at Big Pinks around 2ish and then headed over to the Chesterfield for the ATP party going off in the lobby. Other than $23 vodka/redbulls it was a great party. Instead of buying booze at the bar we had a backpack and made runs to the liquor store where we brough back an entire handle of Kettle One. caught sets by Colette and then Mark Farina (including an hour of Mushroom Jazz). Left there at about 8:30. Jumped in a cab by 10:30 and met up with German (ArminD1981) and Dan (DPetey) and several of their friends. Pre-partied it up at their condo then walked over to Karu & Y. From there things get a bit fuzzy . Not sure who was on the decks when they got there but I am pretty sure I thought they were the best thing ever. I do remember Gareth Emery tearing the roof off the place, as well as Wippenberg and Sean Tyas. Strolled back into my condo at about 8am on Friday.

Friday:

Friday was probably my least successfull day. Woke up at about noon hungover and hungry as shit. Was pretty cranky until I ate a big sandwich before the Sander/Desyn boat. We got to the boat by about 3:20 thanks to massive traffic by ultra. We ended up walking from the ULTRA entrance all the way to the boat. Not that bad of a walk but still..... Took me about the first hour or two of the boat to start feeling myself. Met up with ArminD1981 and DPetey and friends briefly on the boat and ran into a couple others from last years boat. The boat was pretty awesome and I thought Desyn/Sander tag at the end was bitchin. Anyone know what that samba dance track was? Sick shit! I met a lot of cool people at the party, a couple from Germany, Kevin from Trance.nu and others I cant quite remember. After the party, we dragged ass back to the condo. The plan WAS to take a 1hr power nap and then meet up with Adrienne (ac1dream) at 12am outside Nocturnal. Well... i crashed on the bed at 10pm and set two alarms. Needless to say, i slept through both and woke up at 1:30am, AOIHSDOHISDOAHID!! Took a quick shower and jumped in a cab. I was in the door to the VIP by 2am and Menno was on the decks killing it. Met up with dreAMer as well and we went up to the terrace and caught Gareth Emery destroying the decks with AvB watching on approvingly. That was awesome. Bounced back down for Cosmic Gate and Markus Schulz. I think Richard Durand was on after that but he was playing pretty hard for me and I was utterly exhausted at that point. I caught a cab back over at 5am and passed out.

Saturday:
Woke up totally assed-out and sick. Luckily i hadnt bought tickets for anything on Saturday. Cruised to the Beach Plaza again for some awesome sets by Doc Martin and some others. Tom Middleton played a bitchin 3hr set followed by Jody Wisternoff destroying the place with a 2hr set that ended when the owner of the hotel threatened to pull the plug. The rest of my group headed out to Get Salted that night but by that time I was sick as a dog and just threw in the towel.

Sunday:
830pm flight back to LA which did a number on my sinus cold. We pulled back into Santa Barbara by 3am. Slept until noon on Monday and then back at work yesterday. Month-end for sales is today so, here I am, sitting at my desk and posting on TA.

Old Post Mar-31-2010 19:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SeventhSense Click here to Send SeventhSense a Private Message Add SeventhSense to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nekronomiv
tranceaddict in training

WE were staying way up the beach cause I decided to go in mid feb after everything was booked up, anyway come back Thurs night from SoBe to catch the property manager rootin thru my shit. Dick made off with about 150 bucks. I'm not the violent type, but we trashed the place and stuck the landlord with having to replace everything in the room.

Their fault for never getting my address!

As far as the music, EVERYTHING was out of this world. America needed to get down, and get down we did! Didn't see a bad act! Ultra both days, parties every day and clubs at night, saw so much good stuff I can't even tell you...

We drove down and back from CT too, so I don't even know my name right now... but I feel refreshed. Is it March 2011 yet?

Old Post Mar-31-2010 20:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nekronomiv Click here to Send Nekronomiv a Private Message Add Nekronomiv to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Brian Scott
Sons of Glitches!

My third WMC was bittersweet for me. A lot of great music and great friends, but with some hiccups along the way.

Wednesday:
Landed stoopid early (red-eye) at FLL only to realize my wife, Natalie, was having an allergic reaction to something. She had hives on her face and chest. Beyond that, she was getting over a cold and I was just getting spanked by the same cold that I caught a few days after her. We rented our car (a piece of shit Dodge Caliber) and headed toward SoBe. We got into town early, so we grabbed some supplies, including Benadryl, had breakfast, and finally checked in. We took a short nap, woke up, ate lunch, and took another nap. Woke up again to find the hives had spread to Natalie's upper arms and back. More Benadryl and a trip to Nikki Beach to catch some of Flying Circus. That venue sucks after sundown.

Thursday:
The hives are now growing and spreading all over Natalie's body. She heads to Urgent Care in Brickell with the rental car while I meet with a few LA friends for breakfast at Big Pink. Natalie calls me as breakfast finishes. She needs to drive back to SoBe so I can drive her back to Urgent Care so she can get a shot of Benadryl/Corizone. We get back to our condo and she takes a nap. Wake up and time for Cadenza/Desolat @ Shelborne. Natalie decided at the door that she couldn't hang in the sun with all the hives and antihistamines running thru her body. She goes back to the condo and I hang out for some unbelievable music. The two of us both made it to the Space Terrace that night for Lawler and company. Whoever played before Lawler set him up perfectly. Then we got to hear some of the nasty techno that has made him one of our favorites of all time. In the Techno Loft, Timo Maas threw down the best set I've ever heard from him. Definitely a great night. To top it off, we missed all the rain from that night

Friday:
I'm sick as a dog and Natalie's hives are still progressing. WTF did we do to deserve this? I met with a few TAs for a board meeting (epic FAIL btw) then Natalie and I grab some eats. We eventually make it up to Eden Roc for Circo Loco around 6:00pm. We ended up meeting some friends and hung out with them on the grass with some really cool people we had just met. We left there after a few hours to get ready for Burridge/Howells @ Aero Bar. This was the first party at which we knew nobody. We hung out there from 1:00am til about 5:30, then picked up Ammora and headed to Get Lost.

Saturday:
Get Lost was an absolute madhouse. I've never seen so many wrecked people in one place in my life. We showed up @ 6:30 just in time to catch Art Department live upstairs. Great start. Droog was laying down some great deep tech house beats downstairs. Then the sun came up and the crazies got, well, crazy. We were able to hang til about noon before Natalie, Ammora and I had to tap out. Wish I could have stayed. Natalie and I went to sleep, then woke up and at a nice dinner on Lincoln Rd. No partying for us this night.

Sunday:
Woke up nice and early to go to Sunday School 4 Degenerates. This was easily the BEST PARTY OF CONFERENCE for us. We showed up around 9:00am and the party was already in full effect. Caught up with Benji and a few other TAs and chilled on the couches for a few. We heard some truly amazing music from the likes of Soul Clap, dOP (best set of the conference for me), Troxler, Burridge/Howells, Osuna, Agoria, and many others. Natalie and I left around 9:30 to meet with some other friends in SoBe. Headed back out with said friends to Karu & Y for the Mixology party, which was dead. So our friends went to Shine for Sander and we walked up to BAR to see that Hot Natured was done. We didn't realize it had been moved to Electric Pickle. So we went to our car just to realize that some ghetto mother****** had thrown a rock thru one of the windows. We called it a night at that point, needless to say.

Monday:
Took care of the busted ass rental car and hung out at the condo.

Tuesday:
Everglades! We went on an airboat ride and took pictures of a couple alligators, some turtles, and a bunch of sawgrass. Then we flew home.

Space Dolphins EP on Beatport
January 2011 Promo - Deep Tech House
Viva La Tech Guest Mix (September 2010) - Tech House/Techno

Old Post Mar-31-2010 20:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Brian Scott Click here to Send Brian Scott a Private Message Visit Brian Scott's homepage! Add Brian Scott to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by Brian Scott
The two of us both made it to the Space Terrace that night for Lawler and company. Whoever played before Lawler set him up perfectly.

that would be the master that is RADIOSLAVEEEEEEEEEE :-D

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Mar-31-2010 20:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click Here to Email AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DRM
I Choose Noise

quote:
Originally posted by Ben4
9am for bfast after the INSANE SOS Set @ BED
I have Red bull & Vodka to hit up to the venue for the
ABOVE & BEYOND ,MARCUZ SchultZ ,KaskaDe @ PAsha ! 2 find out was like 1pm and the doors wont open yet !!
Drink my ass off @ this venue and walk all the way from 23rd to nikki beach so my friend will sober up a little bit !!
Got niikki beach @ 6pm left 11pm to go 2

DANNY HOWELLS @ bed ..I never see him even go to the bathroom he never left the decks for even one sec ...Is that true?? I was in lalaland whit his set !!

WHY WHY I din't bring my camera @ SET thursday nite !! I though i will be abcd E ing ? ...Hell no fter all the caos !! WAOOO is that DIRTY SOUTH??? OMFG Waooo dirty & Sebastian hand 2 hand with the background of : David guetta ,Katty Guetta, Pete tong, Axwell, and even TIESTO?? show up Trance and House hand by hand !
And I swear god I saw Kaskade too LOL I though was the dude who was lifting the swetdish flag !! Even went he pass by me I say UR AWESOME KASKADE and he shake my hand LOL

Erik Prydz WAOOOO what a awesome set along with Kaskade and Dirty south I feel like in a adult raveland @ ULTRA !! make me miss my old rave days !!
Tiesto keep me glued with his visuals !!! I was wondering how can I clean my shoes from all the mug so i can get in @ SPACE after ...
MARK KNITE !! For how long he spin ???? he started @ night and finish when the sun come up !! and he went to dance in the middle of all the crowd I have video to prove it !!!

I have to give up my Saturday day @ Ultra left SOBE @ 5pm got there after 8pm INSANE OMG to much trafik and the cab driver was like I will just charge you 20 dlls cuz if i keep the metter will be 100dlls anyway I got there so afraid i wont be available to sell my ticket already miss faithless so what was the point to stay?
I offered my ticket to this guy for 50dlls and this other guy offerd me 100 and this other one 150 and another 250 OMG I feel like ..I should do a contest anyway the dude from 150 told me was his 1st Ultra and he dint have more $$$ to oferd me but he want to c deadmau5 so bad so he almost cry ..Poor thing i give it to him for 150 ...this girl thaough I have it more for sell and she offered me 1000 for 3 tickets OMG was already 8 30pm !!
was just few hrs left ...what people will do 4 ULTRA !!
Next year im buying a bunch to pay for my whole WMC LOL
KASKADE was easy to get in @ CAMEO I say fk it I wear my trinners and was fine ...Ask me where my hearing went after his set ??? and who was the dj b4 him was awesome !!
and after Kaskade , FUnkagenda glue me to the floor until 7am !!!
I left like I was on another dimention cuz I dance right in front of the speakers all nite !!
Escuse me Sir ..How u get out of here all zoon out

SUNDAY : Beatport party is waiting
keep waiting im not moving a finger out of bed so I decide to take a nap @ 6pm dint woke up until 2am frack me !! what about the closing party @ KAru & Y ???
I say I have to chosse between my mental health and the party mood my fly was @ 2pm I had time but i went to bed insted /....Anyone want a free ticket?? after all I made my $$ selling the Ultra ticket ....

SO yea sunday I crashed and Burn !!! Monday woke up went to the beach and a tornado hit the beach !!!
Time 2 say GOODBYE MIAMI !!!
THANKS FOR ALL THE FUN !!!

Bttm line I meet alot of beautiful people along with freaks like I hear more than one time
"THE frecks come out " specially @ Space waooo what a freckshow
what up with those asian lady's taking out their heels and expect no one will step on them on the middle of the dnce floor ?????

Ps) Sorry if I wasen't to frendly on the dance floor but once my dj spin my fav tracks I don't recognize no one even if ur Perez hilton , Madonna or the prince of caness
I even 4 got my name ..So don't ask me stupid questions on while Im dancing !!
JUSt shut the fk up and danc E!!

This post is like the scribblings of a crazy person. Next year lay off the crack!

Gorillaz - Stylo

Old Post Mar-31-2010 22:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for DRM Click here to Send DRM a Private Message Add DRM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
VANDIT Knight

quote:
Originally posted by DRM
This post is like the scribblings of a crazy person. Next year lay off the crack!

Think of it in another way, next year we need crack.

>>> Me on Beatport <<<

Old Post Mar-31-2010 22:30  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click Here to Email Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

no we NEEED more MOJITOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

there comes a time when the operation of the machine is so odious that you cannot even tacitly participate. you've got to place your bodies on the gears, the wheels, all the mechanism. you've got to indicate to those who own it and those who run it, that unless you are free, the machine will be prevented from working at all.

Old Post Mar-31-2010 22:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AMMORA Click Here to Email AMMORA Click here to Send AMMORA a Private Message Add AMMORA to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Acton
VANDIT Knight

quote:
Originally posted by AMMORA
no we NEEED more MOJITOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Hell yeah!!

>>> Me on Beatport <<<

Old Post Mar-31-2010 22:38  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Acton Click Here to Email Acton Click here to Send Acton a Private Message Visit Acton's homepage! Add Acton to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
drEamer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DRM
just your local nut ZO3

Old Post Mar-31-2010 22:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for drEamer Click here to Send drEamer a Private Message Add drEamer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Rissinite
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
that would be the master that is RADIOSLAVEEEEEEEEEE :-D

Tanzmann came on before Lawler and was dope as hell. Played a GREAT set. Lawler took over the decks from Matthias

Old Post Mar-31-2010 23:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Rissinite Click here to Send Rissinite a Private Message Add Rissinite to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AMMORA
are u Listed?

quote:
Originally posted by Rissinite
Tanzmann came on before Lawler and was dope as hell. Played a GREAT set. Lawler took over the decks from Matthias

that was tanzmann and not radioslave?! i swore it was... though i was in lala land at that point..i could have been wrong.

Old Post Mar-31-2010 23:25  United States
sot
shure!

quote:
that was tanzmann and not radioslave?! i swore it was... though i was in lala land at that point..i could have been wrong.

i knew i was like wtf? i didn't see radioslave there at all.

you got the wrong guy, that tall guy before lawler was matthias tanzmann.

Tanzmann:

Radioslave:

2 totally different people..

http://www.beatport.com/artist/Chris+Luzz

Luzzed Up? - With Special Guests - Every 3rd Thursday from 2-4 (EST)
Exclusively On: http://www.di.fm/progressive/

luzzBook

luzzCloud

Old Post Apr-01-2010 01:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sot Click Here to Email sot Click here to Send sot a Private Message Visit sot's homepage! Add sot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > Winter Music Conference 2010 > WMC has come to an END........ So how was your WMC ths year?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread