Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > I <3 CZ
Pages (56): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by sifika
Fellow zones.. I have some rather unfortunate news.

I was followed and then rushed by several armed police as I was leaving this morning, right in front of my car. I broke no law nor did I plan on breaking any, but apparently I can be placed under arrest for drug possession before any drugs are even found.

They did a full search of my vehicle, and it looks like I won't be seeing zone for a while.. or at least until my court hearing. Please be careful out there guys, I would never wish for this to happen to anyone!

WTF?!?! Did you agree to the search? They legally aren't allowed to without cause unless you consent (and they know most people think they don't have a choice)

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Dec-18-2011 01:34  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Visit kotsy's homepage! Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sifika
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
WTF?!?! Did you agree to the search? They legally aren't allowed to without cause unless you consent (and they know most people think they don't have a choice)

No, I gave no consent. Luckily I am extremely educated in the subject so I don't think I will have any problems in court. They charged me with possession of 4 different substances including a 0.2 of Marijuana which was not even in a baggy, but on the floor. The supposed "GHB" that was found was actually just water... the officer looked through over 15 water bottles and was somehow SURE that the last one he picked was half full with GHB.. I seriously could not believe my eyes. I am awaiting the lab results to clear that specific charge before it gets to court.

What angers me the most is that they knew I was coming from zone, and mentioned it several times in the interview. I was profiled plain and simple, and I honestly wish I had the time and money to take this case further but all I want is for this to be cleared and my life to move on. What they did was 100% against the law, I had no drugs visible nor did I give them ANY reason to instigate a search. They never asked before or after if my vehicle could be searched, and all the drugs were found inside of it. My lawyer says I am in a good situation but regardless I can't help feel like an idiot for leaving zone with illegal substances. I've taken this as a huge life lesson and will definitely smarten up when it comes to what I do and where I go.

Hope to see some of you guys back at zone after my breach is done.. until than, have fun and be safe everyone. I'll still be @ Guv every sat!

The Comfort Zone is a behavioral state within which a person operates in an anxiety-neutral condition, using a limited set of behaviors to deliver a steady level of performance, usually without a sense of risk. A person's personality can be described by his or her comfort zones. Highly successful persons may routinely step outside their comfort zones, to accomplish what they wish. A comfort zone is a type of mental conditioning that causes a person to create and operate mental boundaries. Such boundaries create an unfounded sense of security. Like inertia, a person who has established a comfort zone in a particular axis of his or her life, will tend to stay within that zone without stepping outside of it. To step outside a person's comfort zone, they must experiment with new and different behaviors, and then experience the new and different responses that then occur within their environment.

Old Post Dec-19-2011 03:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for sifika Click here to Send sifika a Private Message Add sifika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AndyVlak
tranceaddict

I was at zone last weekend, and a few of us were talking about Iphones and jailbreaks out on the patio. A bit later in the night, I came back inside after having smoke, and a couple guys returned my Iphone, which I had apparently forgotten on the back benches. All I want to say is RESPECT! (again). I can't see this happening at too many clubs in Toronto, or anywhere else for that matter. I thought the days of returning lost cell phones were long gone. Another reason I love that place!

Old Post Jan-25-2012 02:37  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for AndyVlak Click here to Send AndyVlak a Private Message Add AndyVlak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mdm8
year-round santa

quote:
Hope to see some of you guys back at zone after my breach is done.. until than, have fun and be safe everyone. I'll still be @ Guv every sat!

Hope all's well, buddy. Keep us posted on what you can.

Old Post Jan-25-2012 17:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for mdm8 Click here to Send mdm8 a Private Message Add mdm8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Skipper
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Luckily I am extremely educated in the subject

Unfortunately it doesn't seem you're smart enough to not post details on the internet...

Old Post Jan-25-2012 20:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Skipper Click here to Send Skipper a Private Message Add Skipper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sifika
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Skipper
Unfortunately it doesn't seem you're smart enough to not post details on the internet...

Everything I posted is written in the police report in one way or another, there's nothing written here that they don't already know. Thank you for the concern though.

I 'lawyered' up and am now on my 2nd trial date. At this point it looks like the crown wants me to do some type of diversion specific to drugs, possibly an Anti-Drug program and some community service.

Hope to be back at zone soon... unfortunately they extended my breach so I am still not allowed within the area of college and spadina.

The Comfort Zone is a behavioral state within which a person operates in an anxiety-neutral condition, using a limited set of behaviors to deliver a steady level of performance, usually without a sense of risk. A person's personality can be described by his or her comfort zones. Highly successful persons may routinely step outside their comfort zones, to accomplish what they wish. A comfort zone is a type of mental conditioning that causes a person to create and operate mental boundaries. Such boundaries create an unfounded sense of security. Like inertia, a person who has established a comfort zone in a particular axis of his or her life, will tend to stay within that zone without stepping outside of it. To step outside a person's comfort zone, they must experiment with new and different behaviors, and then experience the new and different responses that then occur within their environment.

Old Post Jan-26-2012 04:38  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for sifika Click here to Send sifika a Private Message Add sifika to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mdm8
year-round santa

quote:
Anti-Drug program

Old Post Jan-26-2012 04:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for mdm8 Click here to Send mdm8 a Private Message Add mdm8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

live to air on 100.7 from 2am-6am!

Old Post Jan-28-2012 06:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Visit kotsy's homepage! Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
live to air on 100.7 from 2am-6am!

I was just about to post about this. I'm surprised they'd want to draw more attention to CZ! Then again.. who's awake from 2 - 6 ?

Old Post Jan-28-2012 18:27  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kotsy

quote:
Originally posted by Cribby
I was just about to post about this. I'm surprised they'd want to draw more attention to CZ! Then again.. who's awake from 2 - 6 ?

The whole idea is to bring more business to zone lol. By broadcasting from 2-6 they're hoping to get people to come there after whatever club they're leaving instead of going home.

Old Post Jan-28-2012 20:06  Canada
AndyVlak
tranceaddict

Dj Quim absolutely KILLED it last night! I think he's one of the most underrated dj's we have have in Toronto. Much love!

I hope someone recorded the set

Old Post Jan-28-2012 22:15  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for AndyVlak Click here to Send AndyVlak a Private Message Add AndyVlak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cribby
Dapper Disco Dino

quote:
Originally posted by AndyVlak
Dj Quim absolutely KILLED it last night! I think he's one of the most underrated dj's we have have in Toronto. Much love!

I hope someone recorded the set

I concur!! When he plays together with the rest of the trio, DJ Areola and DJ Ovary, the walls just burst! The levels of excitement when this occurs are so intense for me that my menstrual cycle speeds up rapidly!! Uhhhhhhhhhhhhn.

Old Post Jan-29-2012 00:20  Portugal
Click Here to See the Profile for Cribby Click here to Send Cribby a Private Message Visit Cribby's homepage! Add Cribby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > I <3 CZ
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (56): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread