Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Any Software Engineers in the TA community?
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
theqlogic87
Senior tranceaddict

Any Software Engineers in the TA community?

So I've been learning code and all that jazz.. Software engineering.. Would like to know some quick Pros & Cons about it? I enjoy sitting in my computer all day so the hours I have to put in don't scare me.

Do share your experiences

Old Post Mar-31-2015 16:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for theqlogic87 Click here to Send theqlogic87 a Private Message Add theqlogic87 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

That's what I am!!!

Old Post Mar-31-2015 19:15 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list enydo is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

being a complete fag

Old Post Mar-31-2015 21:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Either you are a smurf or you're computer is gigantic, which is it?

James Newton Howard feat. Jennifer Lawrence - The Hanging Tree (Lisaya Bootleg Remix), click here

Old Post Mar-31-2015 22:01  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Frenkieee
mighty real

The cons are definitely the women around you. There are almost no women in IT.

Although if you're lucky, chances are you're going to work for a company that has nice chicks at the HR or Marketing department.

Still, most of the time it's an absolute cockfest.

I'm a Business Intelligence consultant (but mostly developer) by the way.

Old Post Mar-31-2015 22:12  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Frenkieee Click here to Send Frenkieee a Private Message Add Frenkieee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jon_Snow
tranceaddict in training

The cons: you become an up tight, boring douche with no social skills who can't get laid. Nouuuuuu!

Old Post Mar-31-2015 22:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Jon_Snow Click here to Send Jon_Snow a Private Message Add Jon_Snow to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psyshell
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm a first year computer science student FWIW. One of my experiences was seeing a complete spud (who happened to be a woman) get a job at the end of my last course merely because she was a woman. The level of affirmative action in regards to women in some companies is insane.

Old Post Apr-01-2015 00:15  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Psyshell Click here to Send Psyshell a Private Message Add Psyshell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

quote:
Originally posted by Frenkieee

Although if you're lucky, chances are you're going to work for a company that has nice chicks at the HR or Marketing department.

I'm a Business Intelligence consultant (but mostly developer) by the way.

Jesus, lol.

Old Post Apr-01-2015 00:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list enydo is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

quote:
Originally posted by Psyshell
I'm a first year computer science student FWIW. One of my experiences was seeing a complete spud (who happened to be a woman) get a job at the end of my last course merely because she was a woman.

Yeah, merely because she was a woman, and you know this for sure.

Old Post Apr-01-2015 00:58 
Swamper
Webmonstah

quote:
Originally posted by Frenkieee

Mostly true but shitting where you eat is not recommended -- if you're after hot chicks there are other avenues besides work. Also, the ratio in working IT is no worse than your typical diehard Trance/Techno event anyways

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Apr-01-2015 05:44  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dykes_on_Jay
Ape me.

You mean trance only Del.

Old Post Apr-01-2015 06:40  China
Click Here to See the Profile for Dykes_on_Jay Click here to Send Dykes_on_Jay a Private Message Visit Dykes_on_Jay's homepage! Add Dykes_on_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psyshell
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by enydo
Yeah, merely because she was a woman, and you know this for sure.

I apologize for not preempting this response but yes in this instance I do. I didn't apply for the role by the way.

The following leads me to believe with 99%+ certainty that that was the case: Bear in mind that the rest of the applicants were men and were all going for the same roles
-Everyone else had to go through 3 interviews, she was accepted after the first one
-Her role started immediately, everyone else started after 3 months
-She was in no way special whatsoever, she has a reputation of being lazy, disorganized and with bad teamwork skills
-She got a job with less interviews and easier than the people with near perfect marks (hers were barely a pass)
-She got a job easier than someone who had near perfect marks and significant past IT experience (she had none)
-Additionally, my Tafe teacher mentioned how in previous years whenever there has been a girl in that class they always get hired regardless of skill

I can't think of a single other reason why she'd have less interviews and start so much sooner than everyone else. She also posted a selfie of her at her workplace with a notepad file with network usernames and passwords visible in the background after she'd been at work for 2 weeks.

Last edited by Psyshell on Apr-01-2015 at 07:26

Old Post Apr-01-2015 07:19  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Psyshell Click here to Send Psyshell a Private Message Add Psyshell to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Any Software Engineers in the TA community?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread