Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Joachim Garraud admits to being "ghost producer" for David Guetta
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
jon jon
viva la clubland

Drunk Joachim Garraud admits to being "ghost producer" for David Guetta

Pretty funny interview by Joachim Garraud complaining about how Guetta doesn't know how to use a computer and that in the studio is useless without him.

Nothing really monumental here (pretty lame article actually lol) but I wanted to share this article as this brings up the issue of "ghost producers" in the business and how a lot of nerdy sound engineers are actually the brains behind a lot of big DJ's in the studio....

quote:

If your collaboration with David Guetta had never taken place, do you think you'd be here today?

I think I made a sacred piece of road with David he could not do it alone and I could not do it alone. I think many meetings in life, and sharing, from the time we do things we know to do is to do well in a team, especially if the partner brings things too, So with David, is the case, we exchanged a lot of things and it allows us to do things together and be in today's international career that David and sell as many records, I admits that it is an immense happiness and a chance unbelievable.

Asked if any indiscreet, what is the role of each studio?

This is not an indiscreet question, David is not a musician, this is not a technician, so he comes over with ideas, samples, textures, sounds, etc., after they together and realizes it's true that I am behind the machines since it is my machinery and my studio. But the past two years, David has progressed to that level since before he met me he had no computer and now he is struggling to do without, it proves that there is a good collaboration and good upgrading the skills of each.

http://www.ready2move.be/ ontour/30.html
(original link, in French)

http://translate.google.com/transla.../ontour/30.html
(translated)

Old Post Nov-28-2008 18:08  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jer
Never Left

As complimentary as he tried to make it sound, this ends up making Guetta look like a completely talentless hack. There's varying levels to 'studio engineers' - Everything from the garden variety hey-I'd-like-to-pull-off-a-soundscape-like-this-how-do-I-do-it engineer, right up to the label-xxx-wants-an-ep-by-next-thursday-give-it-a-cool-name-k-thx engineer. It happens a great deal within the music industry and it's always surprised me at how shocked people seem to be when it gets mentioned. It's always good to have a fresh set of ears on a project and once in a while, they play a larger part in the outcome of the final work.

That being said, while I'm completely in favour of someone suggesting small tweaks / edits / sound design I have issue with those on the other side of the end of the spectrum who just hire producers blindly to pump out material.

Old Post Nov-28-2008 18:29  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Jer Click here to Send Jer a Private Message Add Jer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

gayest picture ever
wasn't that kinda heavy to hold? lmao

guetta fucking sucks anwyays but he could have at least tried produce cheese on his own

Old Post Nov-28-2008 18:31  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aleksandra
Supreme tranceaddict

Yes I've heard of this type of situation first hand from several producers.

There's a lot more to the production world than people think.

www.djaleksandra.com

Old Post Nov-28-2008 18:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aleksandra Click here to Send Aleksandra a Private Message Visit Aleksandra's homepage! Add Aleksandra to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

i think i'm going to take a picture of myself holding a fortepiano

Last edited by geroin on Nov-28-2008 at 18:38

Old Post Nov-28-2008 18:33  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for geroin Click here to Send geroin a Private Message Add geroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jer
Never Left

quote:
Originally posted by Aleksandra
Yes I've heard of this type of situation first hand from several producers.

There's a lot more to the production world than people think.

at least 80% of the demos I hear a week are vengeance loops + vanguard presets + more vengeance loops.

Sigh.

Old Post Nov-28-2008 18:34  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Jer Click here to Send Jer a Private Message Add Jer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jon jon
viva la clubland

quote:
Originally posted by geroin
wasn't that kinda heavy to hold?

actually it's crazy light (and yes SUCH a nerdy/gay picture)

Old Post Nov-28-2008 18:36  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for jon jon Click here to Send jon jon a Private Message Visit jon jon's homepage! Add jon jon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
geroin
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by jon jon
actually it's crazy light (and yes SUCH a nerdy/gay picture)

really?
my brother's 500 is kinda heavy compared to other shit you can hold, like a synth or something lol

Old Post Nov-28-2008 18:38  Russia
J.C.
tranceaddict

Funny that this comes to the surface now, but honestly things like this have been going on in the music industry for years! How do you think most pop stars survive on the top of the charts... THEY HAVE TALENTED MUSICIANS WRITING THEIR MUSIC. Not to say all are frauds but a large portion probably are. This is pretty normal stuff but it all depends on how the deal is done and if credits are/will or should be noted in the final release. Read the fine print lol

I was recently in talks with 2 well established producers about a track I have. The deal was...we take the vocal/music make a mix and slap our names on it, and you can use your mix as a remix on the release..hmmm, ok if the advance is significant a possible deal. Not the case, they simply wanted to be the primary artists and offer a remix spot...kind of a slap in the face, but what can you do.

The music business is tough and this is just one of the learning curves along the way. Next time you hear that HIT SONG by that artist you looove soooo much, have a look at the writing credits, you may be VERY surprised. (if they post it) LOL

Anyways music is amazing and writing n producing it is an intense rush for me..back to the lab!

Old Post Nov-28-2008 19:04  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for J.C. Click here to Send J.C. a Private Message Add J.C. to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
rabbitjoker
aural sadist

This explains a lot. Joachim Garraud is a very talented guy.

I've liked Joachim for quite some time. His podcast is incredible (Zee Mix).

Dark Dirty Tech Tribal. | Hands in air (trance) and feet on the floor (house).

Old Post Nov-28-2008 19:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for rabbitjoker Click here to Send rabbitjoker a Private Message Visit rabbitjoker's homepage! Add rabbitjoker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
8Wonders
Arnej

Welcome to the jungle!

You'd be surprised what other top 10 DJ's don't actually write any of their stuff

Old Post Nov-28-2008 19:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for 8Wonders Click here to Send 8Wonders a Private Message Visit 8Wonders's homepage! Add 8Wonders to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jer
Never Left

quote:
Originally posted by 8Wonders
Welcome to the jungle!

You'd be surprised what other top 10 DJ's don't actually write any of their stuff

lol oh god

Old Post Nov-28-2008 19:48  Ireland

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > Joachim Garraud admits to being "ghost producer" for David Guetta
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackfantastic prog. house tune [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCoast 2 Coast - Searching (Coast 2 Coast Remix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread