Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Off topic: new Swedish festival
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

Off topic: new Swedish festival

Just saw this yesterday. It's called Into the Valley and it takes place in an old limestone quarry in the Swedish forest. Absolutely beautiful site.

And the lineup...[a:rpia:r], Adam Beyer, Aril Brikha (live), Axel Boman, Âme, Baba Stiltz, Bella Sarris, Ben Klock, Benoit & Sergio, Brawther, Carl Craig, Chez Damier, Clea Herlöfsson, Dana Bergquist, DeWalta, Dixon, DJ Harvey, DJ Koze, Eli Verveine, Floating Points, Four Tet, Genius of Time (live), Haidl&Lindstrom, Ida Engberg, Jessie Granqvist, Joel Mull, John Talabot, Kim Ann Foxman, Kornél Kovács, Linny Hex, Motor City Drum Ensemble, Mount Kimbie (dj-set), Nadja Chatti, Nicolas Jaar, Nina Kraviz, Petre Inspirescu, Raresh, Recondite (live), Rhadoo, Ricardo Villalobos, Richie Hawtin, Sonja Moonear, Tale Of Us, Vaal, Zip

Already booked my airfare. Been looking for an experience thatll blow me away and I think this is it. Plus I hear Stockholm is a cool city to check out.

Old Post Apr-16-2015 19:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

This looks insane! We're gonna wait to see what happens since it's year one. If it goes well I think we'll jump for next year.

IF you like this, check out Lost Village by Moda Black. It's their first year as well and looks proper. Setting is an only 16th century Village in ruins 80 miles outside of London. I think we'll be hitting that next year

Old Post Apr-16-2015 21:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ucforange
fuck pretentiousness

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie Gryphon
This looks insane! We're gonna wait to see what happens since it's year one. If it goes well I think we'll jump for next year.

IF you like this, check out Lost Village by Moda Black. It's their first year as well and looks proper. Setting is an only 16th century Village in ruins 80 miles outside of London. I think we'll be hitting that next year

Thanks for the heads up with the Lost Village event. It looks like there's a new trend in the festival scene: put on smaller, intimate events in beautiful natural settings with an emphasis put on marketing towards mature adults. Into the Valley even has an age limit of 23 and up aside from a very limited number of tickets for those 20-22. I love certain aspects of festivals: the fact that they start early in the day, they tend to have a more "wholesome" vibe, and let's face it, it's nice to get some sleep at a halfway decent hour so you can get ready for the next day. But at the same time, I'm getting tired of these mega festivals with attendance pushing 25K, 50K, and so on.

This Into the Valley fest appears to have a capacity of just 3.5K and the Lost Village has a cap of under 6K. Perfect. These types of events are going to be the next big thing in dance music if you ask me.

Something like EDC Vegas does nothing for me. I'm sure it's fun, there's enough good music and stages with the kind of music that I like, but c'mon, it takes place in a fucking race track in the Mojave desert. It's just not an inspiring locale. Partying in a beautiful, naturally stunning locale like the Dalhalla in the Swedish forest is simply another level. And there's even the possiblity of witnessing aurora borealis...what a stunning scene with the kind of music that's going to be played in that quarry.

Most excited to see the ar : pi : ar guys (Rhadoo, Petre Inspirescu, Raresh), Motor City Drum Ensemble, Four Tet, Aril Brika (saw him at Movement 2011 and he blew me away, one of the best DJs you've never heard of), Dixon (finally), Richie (at truly special shows like this one, Richie is still incredibly hard to beat. I think he brings it BIG TIME), Ricardo (though I think he's an incredible douchebag) and Zip. Love love love how much minimal music is represented -- love that type of sound and with the Romanians, Richie, Villalobos, and Zip, minimal lovers are in for a treat. Never paid much attention to John Talabot but I've been hearing amazing things about that guy recently. And of course Mr Beyer but you already knew that

Last edited by ucforange on Apr-17-2015 at 01:56

Old Post Apr-17-2015 01:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for ucforange Click here to Send ucforange a Private Message Add ucforange to your buddy list ucforange is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
less phone, more dance

Yea man, that Swedish location is NUTS! Beautiful.

What's next? Raves in the pyramids? Lol.

I hope I can meet you out there.

Old Post Apr-17-2015 03:31 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
less phone, more dance

I wonder how much damage something like this does to the environment/ecosystem, though.

Old Post Apr-17-2015 03:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Donnie Gryphon

quote:
Originally posted by ucforange
Thanks for the heads up with the Lost Village event. It looks like there's a new trend in the festival scene: put on smaller, intimate events in beautiful natural settings with an emphasis put on marketing towards mature adults. Into the Valley even has an age limit of 23 and up aside from a very limited number of tickets for those 20-22. I love certain aspects of festivals: the fact that they start early in the day, they tend to have a more "wholesome" vibe, and let's face it, it's nice to get some sleep at a halfway decent hour so you can get ready for the next day. But at the same time, I'm getting tired of these mega festivals with attendance pushing 25K, 50K, and so on.

This Into the Valley fest appears to have a capacity of just 3.5K and the Lost Village has a cap of under 6K. Perfect. These types of events are going to be the next big thing in dance music if you ask me.

Something like EDC Vegas does nothing for me. I'm sure it's fun, there's enough good music and stages with the kind of music that I like, but c'mon, it takes place in a fucking race track in the Mojave desert. It's just not an inspiring locale. Partying in a beautiful, naturally stunning locale like the Dalhalla in the Swedish forest is simply another level. And there's even the possiblity of witnessing aurora borealis...what a stunning scene with the kind of music that's going to be played in that quarry.

Most excited to see the ar : pi : ar guys (Rhadoo, Petre Inspirescu, Raresh), Motor City Drum Ensemble, Four Tet, Aril Brika (saw him at Movement 2011 and he blew me away, one of the best DJs you've never heard of), Dixon (finally), Richie (at truly special shows like this one, Richie is still incredibly hard to beat. I think he brings it BIG TIME), Ricardo (though I think he's an incredible douchebag) and Zip. Love love love how much minimal music is represented -- love that type of sound and with the Romanians, Richie, Villalobos, and Zip, minimal lovers are in for a treat. Never paid much attention to John Talabot but I've been hearing amazing things about that guy recently. And of course Mr Beyer but you already knew that

Caught like 30 mins of MCDE. Dude is good.
Proper funk and nice relief from pounding beats and minimal.

Old Post Apr-17-2015 14:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Gryphon Click here to Send Donnie Gryphon a Private Message Add Donnie Gryphon to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

have had this on my radar for a few months now. prob wont make it but it def looks dope. youll have a blast buddy.

Old Post Apr-19-2015 20:02  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Innocence Lost
The Dark Before The Dawn

That view looks very nice indeed.

Paulino - Rouge City (Original Mix) [Saturn3] on Beatport, Click Here.

Old Post Yesterday 05:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Innocence Lost Click here to Send Innocence Lost a Private Message Add Innocence Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Off topic: new Swedish festival
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread