Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > why darude isnt a trance dj?
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
NightShade1
Supreme tranceaddict

Question why darude isnt a trance dj?

All of you hate him say he is not even a trance dj and that sandstorms sucks and all that... but even PVD played sandstorm(well at least i read that in a previews message)

But i asked on that treat why and noone answer me!!!!
i dontlike too much darude... but i will like to know why you hate him that much?

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:13  Panama
Click Here to See the Profile for NightShade1 Click here to Send NightShade1 a Private Message Add NightShade1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infinity HiGH
groovin

PvD played Sandstorm when it wasn't OVERplayed...when it was still fairly new.

Darude sucks, because all his tunes sound the same...Feel The Beat could just as easily be called Sandstorm (Vocal mix).

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:16  Poland
Click Here to See the Profile for infinity HiGH Click here to Send infinity HiGH a Private Message Add infinity HiGH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Beamish
Supreme tranceaddict

lots of people thinks it's cool to hate and flame him,simple as that

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:18  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for Beamish Click here to Send Beamish a Private Message Add Beamish to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FinnHawk
Supreme tranceaddict

I for one don't hate him! I still like Sandstorm... It's a great track, it just got overplayed. But some of his other production is a little suspect, but give him a break, it's his first album... He was an amateur at-home producer before he hit it big with Sandstorm. Sandstorm was a number 1 hit on mp3.com way before it was ever discovered by fellow Finnish producer JS16 (most famous for his hit track "Stomp to my Beat") and publicly released.

I think he was pushed to release an album before he was truly ready and that's why a lot of his tracks may sound the same and are not expertly produced... He needs time to truly develop his skills and style. I'm sure he'll only get better in the future.

He was probably pushed to perform LIVE before he probably should have too.

Sal

Last edited by FinnHawk on Apr-22-2002 at 19:26

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for FinnHawk Click here to Send FinnHawk a Private Message Add FinnHawk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sk8athug
Junior tranceaddict

now in English please j/k. but seriously I thik that Darudes sandstorm has become so popular that it is everywhere now and i guess he is too poular, just like Tony Hawk in skating (if u skate u know wat i mean)....yea whatever im not making sense am i

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sk8athug Click here to Send sk8athug a Private Message Visit sk8athug's homepage! Add sk8athug to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
c0ld 0ne
Funky House Addict

quote:
Originally posted by infinity HiGH
PvD played Sandstorm when it wasn't OVERplayed...when it was still fairly new.

Darude sucks, because all his tunes sound the same...Feel The Beat could just as easily be called Sandstorm (Vocal mix).

Exactly why I dislike him too.

< teh dj frigid

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for c0ld 0ne Click here to Send c0ld 0ne a Private Message Add c0ld 0ne to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tranceaholic
chus & Ceballos addict

well i was messing around on AG and i found a song called darude ecstacy 1 it is good. it doesnt have the same sandstorm beat to it. did anyone hear it before?

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:31  Egypt
Click Here to See the Profile for tranceaholic Click here to Send tranceaholic a Private Message Add tranceaholic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KilldaDJ
birth.school.trance.death

King

wel darude is sort of a dj, cuz he played live @ herne a few years back, the mixing was shit and the mc was a wanker aka annoying and got the tracklisting wrong! st00pid asshole

Found Atlantis - Mixography [mix archive/mokumentary/my soul]?
i writed a song.

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for KilldaDJ Click here to Send KilldaDJ a Private Message Visit KilldaDJ's homepage! Add KilldaDJ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
NightShade1
Supreme tranceaddict

Talking i see

Well thats true most of his tracks sounds like sandstorm
But to tell ya the truth lot of music are overplayed till it die ;p
well that kinda sucks...
like here on the radio
castles in the sky till it die
sandstorm till it die;p
Safriduo OMG!!! they still playing it heheh
rapture till it die lol and so on...

Radio should put a lot of varaity instead one music all the time like lot of tiesto songs or oakenfold they got alot i know... or dunno others!!!
dont you feel the same like me?

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:32  Panama
Click Here to See the Profile for NightShade1 Click here to Send NightShade1 a Private Message Add NightShade1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
torontotrance
I hath returned

Smile

Sandstorm was a classic (even tho ppl hate it now)....i still like it but besides that the rest of his tracks all take parts of sandstorm in it. I think it is lame personally because get more original but i don't darude cares because it has already made his fortune from Sandstorm.

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:51  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for torontotrance Click here to Send torontotrance a Private Message Add torontotrance to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
capricorn15
__

for me, i never liked sandstorm in the first place, so i didnt both to get any other darude songs

Old Post Apr-22-2002 19:54 
Click Here to See the Profile for capricorn15 Click here to Send capricorn15 a Private Message Add capricorn15 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
breakaholic
Supreme tranceaddict

Probably Darude songs sounds always the same because Jaakko Salovaara (JS16) is his producer. He will also produce his second album so I don't expect any changes but hopefully Ville (Darude) learns more and maybe finally could work without the help of JS16. I don't hate Darude but he is not the most talented producers either.

Maybe when he writes/produces all the songs himself we actually can say how good he is but that also tells a lot if he's not able to work without Jaakko Salovaara...

www.myspace.com/beetseekers

Old Post Apr-22-2002 20:19 
Click Here to See the Profile for breakaholic Click here to Send breakaholic a Private Message Visit breakaholic's homepage! Add breakaholic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > why darude isnt a trance dj?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackunknown track [2015] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGabriel & Dresden - "Arcadia" [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread