Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Omega_M - In the Mix (Beta Version)
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Omega_M
Nostalgia

Omega_M - In the Mix (Beta Version)

Alright guys...my first mix. All tracks on this mix are my favorites. None of them are new. I will appreciate if you guys can review it. This set has been mixed on Mixmeister. Believe me, I did not simply drag and drop one track after the other. I've had to put in enough efforts to edit the tracks painstakingly to ensure that the beats match properly If there's some other way to do it better, I dunno. Almost all transitions mix more than a minute or two of each track. This set is intended to be banging.

Omega_M - In the Mix (Beta Version)

duration : 43:10 min

Tracklist:

Enigma - Boum Boum (Chicane Radio Edit)
Emmanuel Top - Mars (Kai Tracid Mix)
Push - Universal Nation (Project Seven Remix)
Agnelli & Nelson presents Ultra - Holding onto nothing (deep mix)
Sasha - Cloud Cuckoo (Luke Chable remix)
The Freak presents Exo - Above the clouds (original mix)
Beats at Rank 1 dot com

Give it up for Omega_M

And don't forget to write a review

Download and review ! Omega_M - In the Mix (Beta Version)

Originally posted by twilightki : It feels like something you'd listen to at 4 in the morning, or listen to in your car while you're going in a tunnel.

Last edited by Omega_M on Nov-06-2007 at 02:15

Old Post Jul-13-2007 03:22  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_M Click here to Send Omega_M a Private Message Add Omega_M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stevieboy32808
==============

Looks bangin' from the tracklist. I'll be back with my thoughts.

Old Post Jul-13-2007 03:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for stevieboy32808 Click here to Send stevieboy32808 a Private Message Add stevieboy32808 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_M
Nostalgia

cheers ! Do leave some comments. I'm a bit nervous

Originally posted by twilightki : It feels like something you'd listen to at 4 in the morning, or listen to in your car while you're going in a tunnel.

Old Post Jul-13-2007 03:53  India
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_M Click here to Send Omega_M a Private Message Add Omega_M to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
eRRaTiK
g0t milk?

Re: Omega_M - In the Mix (Beta Version)

quote:
Originally posted by Omega_M
Give it up for Omega_M

*drops pants*

Jose Amnesia - The Eternal (Pulser Remix) / Chicane - Saltwater / Photon Project - Illumination / Gouryella - Tenshi / Altitude - Altitude (SHOKK Remix) / Rank 1 - Airwave / The Thrillseekers - Synaesthesia (En Motion Mix)

Old Post Jul-13-2007 05:28  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for eRRaTiK Click here to Send eRRaTiK a Private Message Add eRRaTiK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
stevieboy32808
==============

For a set that was meant be bangin’ it does not get off to a great start. The Enigma track is not a great opener, the tracklist overall is random, and the flow and build was lacking except for the last 2 tracks. If I was forced to mix with these tunes and these tunes only I would have chosen an order similar to this:

Beats at Rank 1 dot com

Going back to those last two tracks, you mixed in the Freak tune way too early. You had to wait a good awkward minute after the transition to finally listen to the meat of the track. You are new at this so just go back and practice meng.

Old Post Jul-14-2007 07:12 
Click Here to See the Profile for stevieboy32808 Click here to Send stevieboy32808 a Private Message Add stevieboy32808 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spacey Orange
Hypnautic Beats Addict

i've listened to this a couple of times already and it's pretty good one omega. that second track is really great.

Old Post Jul-29-2007 15:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Spacey Orange Click here to Send Spacey Orange a Private Message Add Spacey Orange to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_M
Nostalgia

Forgot to check back on my thread LOL. Didn't think anybody would leave comments. haha.

quote:
Originally posted by stevieboy32808
For a set that was meant be bangin’ it does not get off to a great start. The Enigma track is not a great opener, the tracklist overall is random, and the flow and build was lacking except for the last 2 tracks. If I was forced to mix with these tunes and these tunes only I would have chosen an order similar to this:

Beats at Rank 1 dot com

Going back to those last two tracks, you mixed in the Freak tune way too early. You had to wait a good awkward minute after the transition to finally listen to the meat of the track. You are new at this so just go back and practice meng.

Thanks for your comments mate ! Appreciate your review. I must say the set doesn't start off with a bang. But the first track is only about 2:50 mins long. The set really kicks in at that point. I was quite pleased with the way the first two tracks mixed in. As far as the flow is concerned, I thought 2-3-4 mixed in very nicely. 4-5 transition wasn't as good. No trainwreak, but the tracks probably aren't best to mix in. Again I was pleased with the way 5-6-7 mixed in smoothly. I'm curious to know how you define "flow". I honestly thought the set had a decent flow to it. But this is exactly what I wanted to read : a constructive criticism of my first set. Thanks for doing that.

quote:
Originally posted by Spacey Orange
i've listened to this a couple of times already and it's pretty good one omega. that second track is really great.

Thanks a lot dude. Appreciate your comments. Feels good to know that someone enjoyed my set.

Old Post Aug-02-2007 18:27  India
twilightki
tranceaddict in training

I'm not too knowledgeable in how trance is made up, but I know what I like. I like the flow, personally. It feels like something you'd listen to at 4 in the morning, or listen to in your car while you're going in a tunnel. It's really good, I like it. Nice job.

Old Post Aug-07-2007 16:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for twilightki Click here to Send twilightki a Private Message Add twilightki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_M
Nostalgia

quote:
Originally posted by twilightki
I'm not too knowledgeable in how trance is made up, but I know what I like. I like the flow, personally. It's really good, I like it. Nice job.

Thanks for leaving a comment. Appreciate much.

quote:
It feels like something you'd listen to at 4 in the morning, or listen to in your car while you're going in a tunnel.

that's interesting.

Last edited by Omega_M on Aug-08-2007 at 20:57

Old Post Aug-08-2007 20:50  India
Ygrene
Dr. Stinkburger Deluxe

What the hax??!! Why didn't I notice this before?!?!

*yoink*

EDIT:

Hax!!

quote:
Originally posted by Sendspace
Sorry, the file you requested is not available

Old Post Aug-25-2007 23:42  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Ygrene Click here to Send Ygrene a Private Message Add Ygrene to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_M
Nostalgia

quote:
Originally posted by Ygrene
What the hax??!! Why didn't I notice this before?!?!

*yoink*

quote:

EDIT:

Hax!!

Updated !!

Tell me what you think about teh mix.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6Z8Z6DDX

Last edited by Omega_M on Nov-06-2007 at 02:15

Old Post Aug-26-2007 01:36  India
Mmanu
Green Pea

Technically solid ( well, that's mixmeister ey ). Check your master output( too high + sounds compressed + limited at 0 dB) and eq, as there is a lack of bass overall, and distortion increasing from 19 minutes.

Old Post Feb-23-2008 15:59  France
Click Here to See the Profile for Mmanu Click here to Send Mmanu a Private Message Add Mmanu to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Omega_M - In the Mix (Beta Version)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread