Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Rough Transitions
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Eugene
EURO-Hard-Trance-Addict

Evil1 Rough Transitions

Okay, I'm able to get the beats matched perfectly for most of my mixes, BUT the transitions still sound rough. I mean you can tell exactly where the next song begins.

Even when it's all matched up and sync'ed up perfectly, no matter how I play with the EQ's, the mix is still rough.

Download all my EuroHardTrance traxx & learn more about me ("Kompulsor"):
www.kompulsor.com

Old Post Mar-23-2002 18:47  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for Eugene Click here to Send Eugene a Private Message Visit Eugene's homepage! Add Eugene to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scorchio
Sorry! We Are Circoloco

Ok.
Several tips:
1. When starting to mix, always use lower volium for the incoming track, never play them equally right on the start, unless you are using equalizer all the way off.
2. When using the EQ, Start off with a little bass, at the same time turn the Hi frequency nobbs in opposite directions for a smooth transition.
3. After that, turn the Mid frequency nobbs again at opposite directions, let in a little more bass and equal the basses.
then in a sharp movement, raise the Hi frequency of the incoming track and kill the other ones bass.

That should do the trick
Of course I dont always do it like that, I try to be innovative and original, but thats the basic way
Good luck

SIGN THE "WE WANT SASHA & DIGWEED @ BUENOS AIRES ON DVD" PETITION!

Last edited by Scorchio on Mar-23-2002 at 20:27

Old Post Mar-23-2002 19:41  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Scorchio Click here to Send Scorchio a Private Message Add Scorchio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Great Outdoors
Pole Folder Addict

Wow, nice and timely tips! Thanks!

Better than sex.

Old Post Mar-23-2002 20:00  Singapore
Click Here to See the Profile for Great Outdoors Click here to Send Great Outdoors a Private Message Add Great Outdoors to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scorchio
Sorry! We Are Circoloco

Always a pleasure

SIGN THE "WE WANT SASHA & DIGWEED @ BUENOS AIRES ON DVD" PETITION!

Old Post Mar-23-2002 20:25  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Scorchio Click here to Send Scorchio a Private Message Add Scorchio to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
dvd
i dont like prog

hey so when mixing trance, the cross fader isnt really used right?

Old Post Mar-23-2002 21:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dvd Click here to Send dvd a Private Message Add dvd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
hapamoto
R3ELISM

dvd - some people use it.. some people dont.. i'm one of the people that loves my cross fader and this is how i do most (keyword: most) of my transitions

after getting the next record beatmatched and cued, let it go and i have my volume on the other record relatively low.. also i have the bass almost completely off becuase i like to lead in w/ more treble and mid.. then i slide the xfader to the middle, from here i slowly turn up the volume, as i'm working the volume up, i start to raise the bass level on the incoming track while lowering it on the track thats already playing.. u can play w/ the other eq's too doing the same thing.. then as i start to lower the volume on the track thats playing, i also lower the mid to about 30% so basically i leave the treble in until the song ends or until my beats start to go out of sync (which shouldn't happen if you beatmatched perfectly) then i slide my xfader all the way over..
..this is a really basic relay of what i do, to get the full effect of what im talking about, you'd have to watch me do it.. but if you play around w/ ur mixer, im sure u'll figure it out

Old Post Mar-23-2002 21:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for hapamoto Click here to Send hapamoto a Private Message Add hapamoto to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ TranceFormer
Supreme tranceaddict

Make sure that the track that you are fading in doesn't have any melodies.

Old Post Mar-24-2002 20:41  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ TranceFormer Click here to Send DJ TranceFormer a Private Message Add DJ TranceFormer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Michael Russo
mmm mmm prog

quote:
Originally posted by DJ TranceFormer
Make sure that the track that you are fading in doesn't have any melodies.

Umm... all the tracks I play have melodies in them

Old Post Mar-24-2002 21:26  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Michael Russo Click here to Send Michael Russo a Private Message Add Michael Russo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ TranceFormer
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Russo

Umm... all the tracks I play have melodies in them

No, i mean at the time when he's fading it in.
Also learn to count your songs. Meaning
good fade:
Deck A: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9...
Deck B: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9...
Bad Fade:
Deck B: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 2...
This will make your transitions sound much better and will make mixing easier

Old Post Mar-24-2002 21:38  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ TranceFormer Click here to Send DJ TranceFormer a Private Message Add DJ TranceFormer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bumbum
Senior tranceaddict

also

i do like this
pu the volume of the incoming on half and put the cross fade in the middle and when iam going to mix in i just raice the volume ..aand not even tochng the cross fade (also i play withthe knobs)

Old Post Mar-24-2002 23:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for bumbum Click here to Send bumbum a Private Message Add bumbum to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Great Outdoors
Pole Folder Addict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ TranceFormer

No, i mean at the time when he's fading it in.
Also learn to count your songs. Meaning
good fade:
Deck B: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9...
Bad Fade:
Deck B: 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 1 2...
This will make your transitions sound much better and will make mixing easier

I think this is a useful tip.. thanks. Meaning your incoming has to be in phase with your outgoing, not only in sync. (Anyone knows what I'm talking about; I got this quote from recess.co.uk; don't flame! )

Better than sex.

Old Post Mar-25-2002 10:29  Singapore
Click Here to See the Profile for Great Outdoors Click here to Send Great Outdoors a Private Message Add Great Outdoors to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
xtr3m
Supreme tranceaddict

Actually it's not really a tip but a rule that should be followed all the time.

Old Post Mar-25-2002 16:25  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for xtr3m Click here to Send xtr3m a Private Message Visit xtr3m's homepage! Add xtr3m to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Booth > Rough Transitions
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread