Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > The BEST Washing Machine Photo EVER
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
msilin
Supreme tranceaddict

Just found this thread and I'd like to ask a question that's been puzzling me for years:

What is the deal with these older people? are they massively fucked up on drugs, and if so, do they have jobs? A friend of mine thinks they are in the mafia or something like that.

OR are they dead sober and just in a ridiculous state of trance?

if anyone has some real answers I'd love to get to the bottom of this

Old Post Feb-03-2010 23:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for msilin Click here to Send msilin a Private Message Visit msilin's homepage! Add msilin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
HotDogWater
pantsaddict

drugs - yes
job - probably, to support the drugs

sober - hell no

Old Post Feb-04-2010 00:29  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for HotDogWater Click here to Send HotDogWater a Private Message Visit HotDogWater's homepage! Add HotDogWater to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
anomalies
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by msilin
Just found this thread and I'd like to ask a question that's been puzzling me for years:

What is the deal with these older people? are they massively fucked up on drugs, and if so, do they have jobs? A friend of mine thinks they are in the mafia or something like that.

OR are they dead sober and just in a ridiculous state of trance?

if anyone has some real answers I'd love to get to the bottom of this

After seeing Tiesto at the Shrine I've been wondering the same thing.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 00:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for anomalies Click here to Send anomalies a Private Message Add anomalies to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
R!CH
check signal

they look to me like old country immigrants who were deprived of their youthful exuberance by cultural taboo and tradition, suddenly coming upon the american lifestyle midway into life with all the opportunities of self-destructive excess that total freedom affords them, and taking it to the polar extreme with no sense of tact, self-dignity or self-restraint. and yes they are very much on ketamine, ecstasy and god only knows what else. where they get their money is anyone's guess, but there are many asian transplants who are sent over here with a lot of money to purchase real estate and start businesses as kind of hedging against their own shaky markets and have nothing to do with mafia. a lot of them set down in la. it could be the same people, it could some other group entirely.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 00:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R!CH Click here to Send R!CH a Private Message Add R!CH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
KarenLuvs2Party
Max Graham's #1 Fan

if you were raised in a communist country most of your life and everything you did was monitored and you were afraid for your life..

i would think you'd come to america and go off the deep end and get high out of your mind too..LOL.. and as for the money.. old school asians when it comes to having fun..dont put a price tag on it..broke or not..if they're out to have fun..they'll do it. some mafia? sure why not..but not all

at Giant NYE.. i ran into the owner of my local noodle shop.. i ran into the guy that works at a tire place i go to.. the lady that waxes my eyebrows.. my CPA.. and my nextdoor neighbor that runs an illegal poker house..
=)

Old Post Feb-04-2010 01:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for KarenLuvs2Party Click here to Send KarenLuvs2Party a Private Message Add KarenLuvs2Party to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mar46017
Mikey Esq.

Back in the day when I first saw em at Avalon during AHP, I thought of an owner of a massage parlor and his workers...

...I remember once seeing a couple female doing the washing machine dance @ Ivar...they started speaking to each other with a perfect English accent...so I guess they aren't ALL refuges.

And the ones in NY actually dance normal with the beat...they don't sway side to side...has anyone ever been to a club in an Asian country...is that how they all dance?

IDK, I've learned to "try" not looking at them...

Old Post Feb-04-2010 02:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for mar46017 Click here to Send mar46017 a Private Message Visit mar46017's homepage! Add mar46017 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
able.h
detsiwt si dnim ruoy

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017
And the ones in NY actually dance normal with the beat...they don't sway side to side...has anyone ever been to a club in an Asian country...is that how they all dance?

I don't think so. Just got back from Jakarta, for the past few weeks DJs like AvB, SvD, Cosmic Gate, Gareth, etc have been spinning there... but I've never seen a washing machine myself until I got here in LA.

quote:
Originally posted by mar46017

IDK, I've learned to "try" not looking at them...

being an Asian in this forum, I feel the need to speak up for myself, and honestly I do feel embarrassed dancing next to them in the club, especially when people start looking at me and my gf as if we were the son & daughter of those people.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 02:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for able.h Click here to Send able.h a Private Message Add able.h to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
R!CH
check signal

quote:
Originally posted by able.h
especially when people start looking at me and my gf as if we were the son & daughter of those people.

ya i've been to clubs in taipei and never once saw a washer. people act and dance pretty normal over there in my experience. i've also never seen a washer anywhere else in the world besides la, but every time i have seen one they totally look like 1st gen immigrants.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 04:28  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R!CH Click here to Send R!CH a Private Message Add R!CH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Julia
Supreme tranceaddict

I once talked to "ET" when I was at Avalon a few years ago. He was a regular @ Avalon. There wasn't one weekend when I went there, that he wasn't front & center doing the washing machine dance all night. I was really curious to see how his personality was, if he was mentally there lol, so I had a 5 minute conversation with him outside in the patio. He was actually very nice. He said him and his friends always pay full price to get in, and they love the music, but they don't know the DJ's names. He was nice, but his other friends were too obnoxious, doing their dance and not caring if they were bumping into anyone.

I haven't been going to Avalon a lot lately, but every time I went there the past year, ET wasn't there. I hope he's ok!

Old Post Feb-04-2010 04:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Julia Click here to Send Miss Julia a Private Message Add Miss Julia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Julia
Supreme tranceaddict

btw, I think only the OG TA's would know who "ET" is lol.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 05:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Julia Click here to Send Miss Julia a Private Message Add Miss Julia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nerologic
Reduce Reuse & Recycle

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Julia
btw, I think only the OG TA's would know who "ET" is lol.

I have seen em recently, he still goes to the Avalon.

I saw him last year when Angello was in town.

Old Post Feb-04-2010 05:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Nerologic Click here to Send Nerologic a Private Message Visit Nerologic's homepage! Add Nerologic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Miss Julia
Supreme tranceaddict

Ghost Smilie

quote:
Originally posted by Nerologic
I have seen em recently, he still goes to the Avalon.

I saw him last year when Angello was in town.

Awww, I'm glad he's ok lol. Maybe he'll be there next time I go, for Zabiela and/or Sasha!

Old Post Feb-04-2010 05:49  United States

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > The BEST Washing Machine Photo EVER
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread