Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Jakatta - My Vision: which soundtrack was used?! (link to audio inside!)
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Dance123
Supreme tranceaddict

Hello! Jakatta - My Vision: which soundtrack was used?! (link to audio inside!)

Hi,

Does anybody know which soundtrack was used in Jakatta's "My vision". Most people think it's "American Beauty" but I think that was his other single "American Dream" or something.

Here's a small file with the beginning of "My vision": http://users.skynet.be/soundfiles/jakatta.mp3

Is this from American Beauty or some other movie like Shawshank Redemption.

Also, is the whispering voice you hear saying "Tonight...magical things are going to happen" also from the movie or did Jakatta added this?!

Also, if you have the soundtrack, can you tell me which track cause it's defenitely not the theme from American Beauty for example. If you have the soundtrack could you perhaps post the original part that Jakatta used. That would be really nice!

Thanks to anybody who can help with this! Would love to hear a part of the original also if possible!

Last edited by Dance123 on Oct-28-2005 at 17:06

Old Post Oct-28-2005 16:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Dance123 Click here to Send Dance123 a Private Message Add Dance123 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Why are you so sure it's a sample, and sure again that it's from a movie score?

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-28-2005 16:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

"brooks was here" from shankshaw redemption was sampled in my vision
"dead already" & "any other name" from american beauty was used in american dream

both tracks that was sampled was done by thomas newman, m.o.s. had to pay big cash for the sampling for the american beauty samples, rumour is that the figure was well over 100k £

Old Post Oct-28-2005 17:06  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TranceSeeker
Laurent garnier Addict

Hello,

this is definitely in the movie "the shawshank redemption"
The singing is from seal
The track is from jakatta

On imdb it says the Original Music is by Thomas Newman
I also found out that he made music for American Beauty and that music is very much like that of Shawshank.
So if you wanna find the original, you should go googling that guy.
I'm sure that Jakatta has ripped the samples for "my vision" from Shawshank though.

regards,
Peter

Best of the best:
Laurent Garnier - sambu

Old Post Oct-28-2005 17:07  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for TranceSeeker Click here to Send TranceSeeker a Private Message Visit TranceSeeker's homepage! Add TranceSeeker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by montana
"brooks was here" from shankshaw redemption was sampled in my vision
"dead already" & "any other name" from american beauty was used in american dream

both tracks that was sampled was done by thomas newman, m.o.s. had to pay big cash for the sampling for the american beauty samples, rumour is that the figure was well over 100k £

Er... not by my credits. It samples Dead Again and American Beauty by Newman, and also Two of Hearts by Stacey Q. This is straight from the writing creditd in front of me, by the way.

Old Post Oct-28-2005 17:14  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Er... not by my credits. It samples Dead Again and American Beauty by Newman, and also Two of Hearts by Stacey Q. This is straight from the writing creditd in front of me, by the way.

any other name is where the melody is sampled from check amazon.com

Old Post Oct-28-2005 17:22  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Amazon.com can kiss my ass, because the writing credits in the sleeve say the samples are "Dead Again" and "American Beauty".

Old Post Oct-28-2005 17:29  England
montana
dub come save me

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Amazon.com can kiss my ass, because the writing credits in the sleeve say the samples are "Dead Again" and "American Beauty".

dave lee sampled any other day in his original booty of american dream (american booty)

"american beauty" is also on american beauty soundtrack and it's also has the melody that was used in "any other day". the chants is from that stacey q track, dead again is the mellow track with the xylophoney thing

edit: altho i only have the commie & lucid mixes of American Beauty, it says on my vinyl sleeve that it samples "any other day"

Old Post Oct-28-2005 17:34  Syria

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Jakatta - My Vision: which soundtrack was used?! (link to audio inside!)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackprogressive tune needs ID [2004] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSoul Central feat Kathy Brown - "Strings Of Life" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread