Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > Producers thread
Pages (48): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

Yeah.. usually the psy kicks have alot more click and leave the bottom end to the bass.. your kick has alot of bottom end

But fuck what is usual, if you like something then you do it mate.

http://www.wtfnews.org

Old Post Dec-12-2007 23:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aesthetic Click Here to Email Aesthetic Click here to Send Aesthetic a Private Message Add Aesthetic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ONION
How Emotional : \

quote:
Originally posted by Aesthetic

But fuck what is usual, if you like something then you do it mate.

Couldnt agree more.

T-Soma, the only time you would ever consider changing your kick, is if it doesnt sit well in the mix against your bassline. In terms of taste, its solely up to you... dont worry what the "norms" are, because its the "norms" that WILL make your track sound generic.

Old Post Dec-13-2007 00:30  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for ONION Click Here to Email ONION Click here to Send ONION a Private Message Add ONION to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
T-Soma
The Sky Was Pink...

Cheers for the support guys.
Your right about going my own way but I was just wondering if you guys thought it sounded like it was psy or not.
I think ill be taking a short break because of ableton problems right now.
I was going to buy the full Live 7 but it seems to have huge cpu problems
It is very tempting tho... $280 AUD for student license.

Old Post Dec-13-2007 06:03  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for T-Soma Click here to Send T-Soma a Private Message Add T-Soma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

That's cheap.. I should use you for your student license.. actually how do student licenses work? I have a sister in high school.. can I some how minge off her status to get cheaper ware?

quote:
Originally posted by T-Soma
Your right about going my own way but I was just wondering if you guys thought it sounded like it was psy or not.
I think ill be taking a short break because of ableton problems right now.
I was going to buy the full Live 7 but it seems to have huge cpu problems
It is very tempting tho... $280 AUD for student license.

Old Post Dec-13-2007 06:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Aesthetic Click Here to Email Aesthetic Click here to Send Aesthetic a Private Message Add Aesthetic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
T-Soma
The Sky Was Pink...

I havn't exactly looked into how it works, but I don't see why she can't buy it/register it, then you use it.

The thing with student license is that your not ment to make any profit from it. Its funny though.
Your situation is funny though... buying software illegally? lol

Old Post Dec-13-2007 06:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for T-Soma Click here to Send T-Soma a Private Message Add T-Soma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fledz
Lost & Found

No that's incorrect. The student licence is 100% exactly the same as the full price version, just that you get it for less because you are a student and students are poor.

You're free to go make millions of dollars on it if you want. You missed out on the AU$280 anyway as the US$100 discount no longer applies. Should cost around AU$400 now.

Anyway, why does it have huge CPU problems? Sure Live doesn't handle VSTs as great as Cubase does but Live 7 is damn stable. It hasn't crashed on me once.
Just freeze tracks you are happy with, you can still do the arrangement easily. Then un-freeze to fix things. Even better, once you're happy with something flatten/bounce it to audio.

Old Post Dec-13-2007 08:41  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fledz Click here to Send Fledz a Private Message Add Fledz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ONION
How Emotional : \

quote:
Originally posted by T-Soma

Its not the actual sounds that define genre. Its how you manipulate those sounds to create a specific feel. Ive heard heaps of what I consider 'pure' trance tracks where there wasnt a single pad used. Ive heard other 'pure' trance tracks where the pads were the main sound in the track.

Psy trance is trippy / out there music. As long as it puts you into that state when you listen to your music - then its psy. Listening to a kick drum and a bassline is not going to tell me whether your track is psy or not.

kthxbi

Old Post Dec-13-2007 14:39  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for ONION Click Here to Email ONION Click here to Send ONION a Private Message Add ONION to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
T-Soma
The Sky Was Pink...

quote:
Originally posted by Fledz

Anyway, why does it have huge CPU problems? Sure Live doesn't handle VSTs as great as Cubase does but Live 7 is damn stable. It hasn't crashed on me once.
Just freeze tracks you are happy with, you can still do the arrangement easily. Then un-freeze to fix things. Even better, once you're happy with something flatten/bounce it to audio.

I have been running live 6 for some time and I know what it is capable of, it is fine for me and I don't really have any problems at all.
Iv run the demo of live 7 and even with nothing running but a few instances loaded I get about %20 cpu usage. Then I just play a loop and maybe once instance of massive and it goes up to %60-%70 cpu usage.
I used to be able to run a few instances of massive and everything would be under %50. Something is weird.

lol, Now before you suggest anything. It is the official demo of live 7. No dodgy business.

quote:
Originally posted by ONION

Its not the actual sounds that define genre. Its how you manipulate those sounds to create a specific feel. Ive heard heaps of what I consider 'pure' trance tracks where there wasnt a single pad used. Ive heard other 'pure' trance tracks where the pads were the main sound in the track.

Psy trance is trippy / out there music. As long as it puts you into that state when you listen to your music - then its psy. Listening to a kick drum and a bassline is not going to tell me whether your track is psy or not.

kthxbi

You make a very good point. I see now that I sometimes focus too much on the little things instead of how they affect the entire outcome.
It has really got me thinking of how each element needs to work together and its not about how good any one element is on its own.

I think ill edit this post later on when its not so late... gah.

Old Post Dec-13-2007 17:04  Australia
Fledz
Lost & Found

Hmm, interesting. I'll do an A>B of 6>7 and see what I get

Massive is a fairly CPU intensive plugin though

Old Post Dec-14-2007 00:42  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fledz Click here to Send Fledz a Private Message Add Fledz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
T-Soma
The Sky Was Pink...

quote:
Originally posted by Fledz
Hmm, interesting. I'll do an A>B of 6>7 and see what I get

Massive is a fairly CPU intensive plugin though

lol even if it is it doesn't change the story.
I'm getting an added %50 percent of CPU usage from live 6 into 7.
Maybe its something to do with the new engine and the fact that I have a Pentium-M 760

Old Post Dec-14-2007 00:59  Australia
sm44
Supreme tranceaddict

hey guys

just thought i would post up my new trance track

so far all the feedback as been really positive

192Kbs Sendspace link
http://www.sendspace.com/file/t7fiov

or alternatively myspace
www.myspace.com/salvatoremanago

cheers

Old Post Jan-18-2008 04:44  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for sm44 Click here to Send sm44 a Private Message Add sm44 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Aesthetic
- ---(ps3.addicted)--- -

cross promotion

http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...856#post8665856

Old Post Mar-21-2008 00:45 

tranceaddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Australia > Producers thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (48): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread