Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Computer problem...
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TeKnoHe@d2025
Derek Howell Addict

Question Computer problem...

My friend is having a problem where his computer's CPU usage is constantly locked at 100%. The 2 programs that we think are causing the problem are: SVCHOST.EXE (SYSTEM) and LSASS.EXE (SYSTEM). Each process is taking up about 50% of the CPU. He's running Windows XP Professional Edition, Pentium II 350MHz, 192MB-RAM. If anybody knows how to fix this problem or what might be causing it please reply.

Old Post Dec-09-2001 06:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TeKnoHe@d2025 Click here to Send TeKnoHe@d2025 a Private Message Visit TeKnoHe@d2025's homepage! Add TeKnoHe@d2025 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tiesto14
Let The Music Play

sorry dude i asked my brother who is a wiz on computers and he has no idea...i tryed..
\=(

Bring back 1994 NYC clubbing nights, cus the sh*t today is filled with junk parties and DJs that play sh*t House.....Zabiela, Sander, or Howells and all the rest suck and couldnt throw a night like it was in the early 90s in NYC!!!...Screw Twilo - give me Limelight circa 1993!!!

Old Post Dec-09-2001 07:13  Bahamas
Click Here to See the Profile for tiesto14 Click here to Send tiesto14 a Private Message Visit tiesto14's homepage! Add tiesto14 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancaholic
Danish Prophet of Doom

The normal approach to fixing these problems on Win95/98 is running the msconfig-program and deselecting all the programs in the startup list that you can't remember putting there yourself. I'm not sure, however, if this program is included in XP.

Old Post Dec-09-2001 08:16  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for trancaholic Click here to Send trancaholic a Private Message Add trancaholic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TeKnoHe@d2025
Derek Howell Addict

Well doing much of anything is close to impossible due to how long it takes to load simple commands...

Old Post Dec-09-2001 17:50  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TeKnoHe@d2025 Click here to Send TeKnoHe@d2025 a Private Message Visit TeKnoHe@d2025's homepage! Add TeKnoHe@d2025 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Coup
Retired

nasty...well as above, start menu > run > msconfig and uncheck the lot, if that fails then thats what boots up so only thing left is format...

Old Post Dec-09-2001 17:53  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Coup Click here to Send Coup a Private Message Add Coup to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-Canada
Trance Titan

i think it might be LSASS.EXE

Old Post Dec-09-2001 18:28  Iceland
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-Canada Click here to Send Trance-Canada a Private Message Add Trance-Canada to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Glyph
Senior tranceaddict

Not sure if XP has a safe mode like 98. If it does, you could maybe go in in safe mode and see if you have the same problem. If you don't, go back into safe mode and this time choose the one called (?), it loads everything one at a time and choose whether you want to load it or not. Say no to those files and see if that's better. If so, if XP has System File Check like '98 you can go to run and type SFC and tell it to reinstall the bad file(s) off the cd. Hope that helps.

Old Post Dec-09-2001 23:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Glyph Click here to Send Glyph a Private Message Visit Glyph's homepage! Add Glyph to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SmellsExcellent
fuckedupandconfused

i have a few suggestions...
1: ctrl+alt+del and close both programs and see what happens, if it runs then you can probably edit the system.ini or win.ini files and take them out..
2: Fuck XP and get a better OS.. try 98se, 2000, or linux if you dare
3: If you have any means of backing up your entire hard drive, this is the best option. After backing up everything necessary, format your drive and reinstall windows.. usually after prolonged use, a computer's registry get bogged down with useless shit and that can be a huge problem. a god format usually does the trick.

if you have any questions just email me and id be happy to help.. hell, its my job!

no obstacles between my heart and my words; my lips, the great liaison to my soul.

Old Post Dec-10-2001 03:04 
Click Here to See the Profile for SmellsExcellent Click here to Send SmellsExcellent a Private Message Add SmellsExcellent to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ_Ballistic
Nu-NRG Addict

i'd have to say ur problem comes from runnin xp on a 350 machine

xp is a pain in the ass for resources go for win 2000 or 98se

Old Post Dec-10-2001 03:38  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ_Ballistic Click here to Send DJ_Ballistic a Private Message Add DJ_Ballistic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TeKnoHe@d2025
Derek Howell Addict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ_Ballistic
i'd have to say ur problem comes from runnin xp on a 350 machine

xp is a pain in the ass for resources go for win 2000 or 98se

Ok, I forgot to mention he's been running XP for about a month now...no problems till 2 days ago.

Old Post Dec-10-2001 04:24  United States
mr_sax
tranceaddict in training

reinstall the bitch. then it'll do it's work like it's supposed to!

Old Post Dec-10-2001 05:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for mr_sax Click here to Send mr_sax a Private Message Add mr_sax to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SmellsExcellent
fuckedupandconfused

just curious, and it IS off the topic, but who cares. What did u use to make your signature pic, TeknoHe@d? Looks a tad like bryce, but ive never seen something that good looking from bryce.. anyways, just curious.... thanks
-M

no obstacles between my heart and my words; my lips, the great liaison to my soul.

Old Post Dec-10-2001 20:17 
Click Here to See the Profile for SmellsExcellent Click here to Send SmellsExcellent a Private Message Add SmellsExcellent to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Computer problem...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread