Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Political Chillout Thread
Pages (590): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
NeoPhono
‹bermensch



Registered: Sep 2003
Location: In Orbit

quote:
Originally posted by George Smiley
I have a very strong belief that pharmacuetical companies should be nationalised. I just dont think that a company that makes profits off people's need for medicine can be responsible without coming under civilian control

And listening to you and Occ over what it costs for health care - $35,000 and $12,000 a year if you didn't have insurance is a completely alien concept. Just the fact that you are talking about how much things cost is an alien concept to me cos over here there is only one price for everything...(except dentists in the uk )


It's equally alien to me to give so much of your income to the government expecting them to use it to pay for your services. I'd rather keep it, and decide myself how I want to use it to pay for those things.

I have by no means a high paying job (although I work at a hospital, so I do get some breaks when it comes to healthcare) but I am able to afford every insurance I could possibly need at this time. The real "cultural" problem (sorry to be cliche) is that Americans greatly undervalue health insurance and insurance in general. They would rather buy a new SUV, plasma TV or some other extravagant accessory, than pay what they see as "wasted" money on inurance if they never make a claim. I mean look at me even. I complain about $35,000 being expensive, but that care litearlly saved my life. However, I know many people have no problem dropping that kind of money into a new car. Our priorities are just ass-backwards. Buy cool stuff first, pay for your own life second. It's kind of hard to enjoy those finer things of life if you're a corpse.

Old Post May-20-2005 15:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for NeoPhono Click here to Send NeoPhono a Private Message Visit NeoPhono's homepage! Add NeoPhono to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
George Smiley
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Jan 2004
Location: 9 Bywater Street, Chelsea, London

quote:
Originally posted by NeoPhono
It's equally alien to me to give so much of your income to the government expecting them to use it to pay for your services. I'd rather keep it, and decide myself how I want to use it to pay for those things.

I have by no means a high paying job (although I work at a hospital, so I do get some breaks when it comes to healthcare) but I am able to afford every insurance I could possibly need at this time. The real "cultural" problem (sorry to be cliche) is that Americans greatly undervalue health insurance and insurance in general. They would rather buy a new SUV, plasma TV or some other extravagant accessory, than pay what they see as "wasted" money on inurance if they never make a claim. I mean look at me even. I complain about $35,000 being expensive, but that care litearlly saved my life. However, I know many people have no problem dropping that kind of money into a new car. Our priorities are just ass-backwards. Buy cool stuff first, pay for your own life second. It's kind of hard to enjoy those finer things of life if you're a corpse.

How much do you have to pay for medical insurance every year?

Old Post May-20-2005 15:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for George Smiley Click here to Send George Smiley a Private Message Add George Smiley to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancaholic
Danish Prophet of Doom



Registered: Oct 2000
Location: Aalborg

quote:
Originally posted by occrider
I'm forever on a medication that costs $12k a year. The thought of being without health insurance is not sad, but scary to me.

What's the matter with you? (Of course I know it's none of my business - I'm just curious of nature.)

Old Post May-20-2005 16:18  Denmark
Click Here to See the Profile for trancaholic Click here to Send trancaholic a Private Message Add trancaholic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
NeoPhono
‹bermensch



Registered: Sep 2003
Location: In Orbit

quote:
Originally posted by trancaholic
What's the matter with you? (Of course I know it's none of my business - I'm just curious of nature.)


Crack/Heroin addiction. He calls it his "medicine."

I'll have to get back to you on the cost of my health insurance. We are completely paperless when it comes to pay, and as of right now the only way to access my info is at work.

Old Post May-20-2005 18:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for NeoPhono Click here to Send NeoPhono a Private Message Visit NeoPhono's homepage! Add NeoPhono to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shakka
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Feb 2003
Location:

quote:
Originally posted by George Smiley
I have a very strong belief that pharmacuetical companies should be nationalised. I just dont think that a company that makes profits off people's need for medicine can be responsible without coming under civilian control


R&D. Without those beefy profits, they'd never be able to come up with the next great miracle drug. Take away the incentive to innovate and you don't have much left.

Old Post May-20-2005 18:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Shakka Click here to Send Shakka a Private Message Add Shakka to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict



Registered: Oct 2000
Location: New York

quote:
Originally posted by trancaholic
What's the matter with you? (Of course I know it's none of my business - I'm just curious of nature.)


My liver has started an insurgency. I require aout 12k in booze a year to properly suppress it. Sucks to file an insurance claim every single time I come home from the bars, but I've become quite adept at filling them out in a stupor. Sigh ... I wish.

Nah, my immune system is all uppity and likes to fight with my dermis/epidermis resulting in what looks like a persistent mosquito bite. So I give myself a protein injectable once a week which go and attack my immune system in what must be a climactic battle to the death. I'm really good with a needle now though. Which is good in the event that I ever decide to become a herion junky.


___________________
Retro ...

Old Post May-20-2005 18:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for occrider Click Here to Email occrider Click here to Send occrider a Private Message Add occrider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shakka
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Feb 2003
Location:

quote:
Originally posted by occrider
My liver has started an insurgency. I require aout 12k in booze a year to properly suppress it. Sucks to file an insurance claim every single time I come home from the bars, but I've become quite adept at filling them out in a stupor. Sigh ... I wish.

Nah, my immune system is all uppity and likes to fight with my dermis/epidermis resulting in what looks like a persistent mosquito bite. So I give myself a protein injectable once a week which go and attack my immune system in what must be a climactic battle to the death. I'm really good with a needle now though. Which is good in the event that I ever decide to become a herion junky.


Psoriasis? Did I even spell that right?

Old Post May-20-2005 18:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Shakka Click here to Send Shakka a Private Message Add Shakka to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
George Smiley
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Jan 2004
Location: 9 Bywater Street, Chelsea, London

quote:
Originally posted by Shakka
R&D. Without those beefy profits, they'd never be able to come up with the next great miracle drug. Take away the incentive to innovate and you don't have much left.

Eh? The incentive is saving lives and I think thats a pretty big incentive dont you? And profits are irrelevent to incentive as profits give the owners of the company incentive, and has there wont be any owners then that particular incentive makes no difference (of course the government could make a profit on the drugs and therefore your argument about profits would also become irrelevent)

Old Post May-20-2005 18:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for George Smiley Click here to Send George Smiley a Private Message Add George Smiley to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict



Registered: Oct 2000
Location: New York

quote:
Originally posted by Shakka
Psoriasis? Did I even spell that right?


Yup and yup. Used to be a fucking pain in the ass when I had to use steroidal creams. But the shots are money, literally and figuratively.


___________________
Retro ...

Old Post May-20-2005 18:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for occrider Click Here to Email occrider Click here to Send occrider a Private Message Add occrider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shakka
Supreme tranceaddict



Registered: Feb 2003
Location:

quote:
Originally posted by occrider
Yup and yup. Used to be a fucking pain in the ass when I had to use steroidal creams. But the shots are money, literally and figuratively.


Whatever happened to Blue Star Ointment? You know, the shit they used to peddle on daytime TV commercials when we were kids? I thought that shit could cure anything!

Don't get me started on the GB powder!

Old Post May-20-2005 19:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Shakka Click here to Send Shakka a Private Message Add Shakka to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DrUg_Tit0
e^(i*pi)+1=0



Registered: Nov 2002
Location: Zagreb, Croatia

quote:
Originally posted by occrider
Yup and yup. Used to be a fucking pain in the ass when I had to use steroidal creams. But the shots are money, literally and figuratively.


Oh, that. Hmm, I didn't even know there was antyhing to cure that..my cousin has that too, and he never used any medicines for it..who knows, maybe he likes the look...


___________________
1+1=10

Old Post May-20-2005 19:51  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for DrUg_Tit0 Click Here to Email DrUg_Tit0 Click here to Send DrUg_Tit0 a Private Message Add DrUg_Tit0 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
occrider
Traveladdict



Registered: Oct 2000
Location: New York

quote:
Originally posted by DrUg_Tit0
Oh, that. Hmm, I didn't even know there was antyhing to cure that..my cousin has that too, and he never used any medicines for it..who knows, maybe he likes the look...


Well there is no permenant cure. But so long as I stay on the medication you would never know.


___________________
Retro ...

Old Post May-20-2005 20:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for occrider Click Here to Email occrider Click here to Send occrider a Private Message Add occrider to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Other > Political Discussion / Debate > Political Chillout Thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (590): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread

Forum Jump:

All times are GMT. The time now is 10:03.

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is ON
vB code is ON
[IMG] code is ON
 
Search this Thread:

 
Contact Us - return to tranceaddict

Powered by: Trance Music & vBulletin Forums
Copyright ©2000-2014

Privacy Statement
Geo Visitors Map

Icon