Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Riddles / Mind Games
Pages (19): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Spad
wise sage of the forest

Question Riddles / Mind Games

Chloe, a much pampered Siamese cat was pregnant with her first litter of kittens, and her owner was very anxious. When the neighbour heard the cat had eventually given birth to seven kittens, she enquired if they were male of female. The owner replied enigmatically, "Half of them are female."

Is this possible?

Old Post Sep-30-2001 13:16  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Spad Click here to Send Spad a Private Message Visit Spad's homepage! Add Spad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Fraggle
trancEaddict Neverland

...i dunno

Old Post Sep-30-2001 15:12  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Fraggle Click here to Send Fraggle a Private Message Visit Fraggle's homepage! Add Fraggle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spad
wise sage of the forest

Neither to I It came off the back of a box of matches and it's been bugging me for weeks. I'm assuming the answer isn't just "no" or "yes if you include the mother" (if it is I'll kill myself).

I'm hoping somebody else can work it out before I'm forced to send a stamped addressed envelope to Bryman Matches.

Old Post Sep-30-2001 15:45  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Spad Click here to Send Spad a Private Message Visit Spad's homepage! Add Spad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Essential1
Supreme tranceaddict

ahhhhhh!!!! now this is gonna bug me!!! stop playing mind games on me!!!

Old Post Sep-30-2001 18:07  Italy
Click Here to See the Profile for Essential1 Click here to Send Essential1 a Private Message Visit Essential1's homepage! Add Essential1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

cmon guys think about it...7 kittens how can half of them be females when half of 7 isnt a whole number...sheesh

Old Post Sep-30-2001 18:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Glyph
Senior tranceaddict

It says she gave birth to 7 kittens. Maybe one was stillborn or died during birth or since then, leaving six; half male, half female? It's the best I could come up with.

Old Post Sep-30-2001 19:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Glyph Click here to Send Glyph a Private Message Visit Glyph's homepage! Add Glyph to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AnotherWay83
The B00b Maintenance Guy™

unless she gave birth to three female kittens, three male kittens and one pair of "siamese twins" kittens, one of which was a male, the other female...that would make 7 "whole" bodies, but 4 males and 4 kittens....hmmmmmm....just my twisted logic...

peace

Old Post Sep-30-2001 19:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for AnotherWay83 Click here to Send AnotherWay83 a Private Message Add AnotherWay83 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

or

maybe there was a monkey and he was trained to be a theif...cmon guys its an easy stupid riddle it asks if its possible if half of them where female well its isnt because theres 7 kittens in total which means there si no way theres a half kitten

Old Post Sep-30-2001 19:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Spad
wise sage of the forest

quote:
Originally posted by AnotherWay83
unless she gave birth to three female kittens, three male kittens and one pair of "siamese twins" kittens, one of which was a male, the other female...that would make 7 "whole" bodies, but 4 males and 4 kittens....hmmmmmm....just my twisted logic...

Good one... I'm still not convinced Comeon people....

quote:
Vivid Boy
cmon guys its an easy stupid riddle it asks if its possible if half of them where female well its isnt because theres 7 kittens in total which means there si no way theres a half kitten

It can't be! I refuse to believe they'd put it on a match box if the answer was no. Unless it's a clever way of getting people to send for the answer so they can get your address for mailshots or something.

I'm thinking maybe it's a trick question. Like the answer is "no" but not coz of maths, maybe Siamese cats only give birth to one kitten at a time or something. Or they only give birth to even numbers

Old Post Sep-30-2001 20:19  United Kingdom
Lost
Supreme tranceaddict

i can't figure this one out. maybe one's a hermaphrodite.

lost

Old Post Sep-30-2001 21:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Lost Click here to Send Lost a Private Message Add Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
lMIlk
Moderat0r

hehe did you check all over the box for the answer?

Old Post Sep-30-2001 23:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for lMIlk Click here to Send lMIlk a Private Message Add lMIlk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Linx_da_cat
trancEaddict kitkat

oohhh here's one. hehe. it's really lame. but...anyway...

how do you put an elephant in a refrigerator?

Old Post Sep-30-2001 23:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Linx_da_cat Click here to Send Linx_da_cat a Private Message Add Linx_da_cat to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Riddles / Mind Games
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (19): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackWhat song is This? [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSmith & Pledger pres. Aspekt - "Hi-Jack" (Vocal Mix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread