Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Windows Crash
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
pwnage1
Supreme tranceaddict

Windows Crash

my computer running windows has crashed. I have been trying to recover the files using ubuntu following This tutorial. I have ran into a few problems so if anyone knows how to do this i would appreciate it if you could pm me.

Old Post Sep-25-2008 23:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pwnage1 Click here to Send pwnage1 a Private Message Add pwnage1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gen3r4l1ty
Supreme Fatty

How did it 'crash?' What are the symptoms? What problems are you running into?

Old Post Sep-25-2008 23:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Gen3r4l1ty Click here to Send Gen3r4l1ty a Private Message Add Gen3r4l1ty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pwnage1
Supreme tranceaddict

I am probably not answering your question but. Everytime i start up my pc i get a black screen that says we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully Etc. I get five options safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with commeand prompt, last known good configuraton, start windows normally.

All these options lead to a blue screen that says a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME if this is your first time you've seen this stop error screen restart computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed...

Techncal information:

***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82.cca68, 0xc000009c, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

If you need anymore information feel free to ask

Old Post Sep-26-2008 00:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pwnage1 Click here to Send pwnage1 a Private Message Add pwnage1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
atxbigballer1
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pwnage1
I am probably not answering your question but. Everytime i start up my pc i get a black screen that says we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully Etc. I get five options safe mode, safe mode with networking, safe mode with commeand prompt, last known good configuraton, start windows normally.

All these options lead to a blue screen that says a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME if this is your first time you've seen this stop error screen restart computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed...

Techncal information:

***STOP: 0x000000ED (0x82.cca68, 0xc000009c, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

If you need anymore information feel free to ask
That happen to me trying to run pro tools on my lab top! I think its called the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH!

"It's not the equipment....it's the muthaf@#%r running it"

quote:
Originally posted by Pagan-za
Fighting online is like winning the special Olympics. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

Old Post Sep-26-2008 00:29 
Click Here to See the Profile for atxbigballer1 Click here to Send atxbigballer1 a Private Message Add atxbigballer1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Gen3r4l1ty
Supreme Fatty

Hmmm... def sounds like a HD problem. Any hardware/software changes recently?

If you have an XP install/recovery disk, try booting off of it. Once it loads setup, you have the option to repair a damaged installation. Try that first.

What problem were you having with Ubuntu? Same issue, where it can't mount the drive?

Old Post Sep-26-2008 00:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Gen3r4l1ty Click here to Send Gen3r4l1ty a Private Message Add Gen3r4l1ty to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pwnage1
Supreme tranceaddict

No hardware or software changes recently. When running ubuntu i tried to open up the harddrive and i get a message that says; Cannot mount volume under details it says ntfs_attr_pread: ntfs_pread failed: input/output error NTFS is either inconsistent, or you have gardware faults, or you have a softraid/fakeraid hardware. In the first case run chkdsk /f on windows then reboot into windows TWICE. The usage of the /f parameter is vety important! if you have soft raid/fakeraid then you must first activate it and ,pmount a different device under the /dev/mapper/directory, (e.g. /dev/mapper/nvidia_eahaabcc1). Please see the dmraid documentation details.

Old Post Sep-26-2008 00:50  United States
pwnage1
Supreme tranceaddict

i managed to get through the tutorial without any positive results. If i cant remember what it said but i can redo the tutorial later and elaborate on it. but for now i have to go. thanks everyone with your help so far.

Old Post Sep-26-2008 00:52  United States
Gen3r4l1ty
Supreme Fatty

Yea, defintitely try a repair from your install/restore disc.

EDIT** NOT any kind of restore... you want to REPAIR. Restore can erase data.***

Old Post Sep-26-2008 01:02  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

This is a drive failure and/or corruption of the partition.

What drive is it?

Do you have other drives installed or available?

Stop using the corrupted one (it could get worse - disconnect it if needed) make a bootable drive from another hard drive (install windows on it) and make this the primary drive (master) for the time being. To do this just install the blank drive, boot up with a windows disk and create partition etc.etc.

Then see if windows will recognise the other (corrupted) drive when it's reconnected (do not hotplug - do this when the PC is off!).

If windows doesn't recognise the drive at all, then it's most likely a mechanical/electrical failure and you're near enough fucked unless you want to try to fix it - (I've done it, it has worked but it's quite difficult and often doesn't work/help).

If windows does recognise it, then get a data recovery program (there are loads out there, many for free) and start the most in depth recovery option you can (could take hours).

Hope you sort it out.

Old Post Sep-26-2008 01:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pwnage1
Supreme tranceaddict

i am currently posting from another computer of mine running windows xp pro just like the one that crashed. should i just put the crashed hardrive in this computer i am on currently?

Old Post Sep-26-2008 02:13  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by pwnage1
i am currently posting from another computer of mine running windows xp pro just like the one that crashed. should i just put the crashed hardrive in this computer i am on currently?

Yep, that'll do. Make sure on the ribbon cable and the little dip switch pin things on the drive you have them set to Master (for the working drive and slave for the corrupt one.

Old Post Sep-26-2008 02:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Eric J
Progressive House Addict

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Yep, that'll do. Make sure on the ribbon cable and the little dip switch pin things on the drive you have them set to Master (for the working drive and slave for the corrupt one.

In addition to this, listen to the computer and see if you hear any type of "clicking" sound when trying to access the corrupt drive. If you do, try to get as much data off the corrupt drive AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!! This sounds suspiciously like a physical hard drive failure, and if you do hear any "clicking" it is most likely the drive arm beating the snot out of the platter, in which case, every second counts!! I hope you have a backup.

Old Post Sep-26-2008 02:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Eric J Click here to Send Eric J a Private Message Add Eric J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

tranceaddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Windows Crash
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Email this Page | Subscribe to this Thread