Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Anyone one on windows 10?
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone one on windows 10?

I'm going to do a fresh isntall of windows to get rid of the presintalled bloatware on my shiny new laptop but was thinking of using the windows 10 beta rather than 8.1

Anyone got any thoughts? For all intents is looks like 8.1 with a few tweaks but wanted to know if anyone ran in to problems with it yet?

Old Post May-27-2015 22:34 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Thank Palm.

The reason I'm thinking of doing it is that I don't want to fresh install 8.1 if 10 is coming out in a couple of months.

Also, windows announced that 10 will be the last OS the ever make - every single version from this point onwards will just be a never ending evolution of 10.

For that reason, I'm hoping I can just do 10, and then update as needed. Just not sure if when the full release comes of 10 comes out, the beta will need replacing or if they will just do a service pack.

recent reviews are saying they've ironed out the bugs and the version that is available for download now is basically the final release.

One thing i'm concerned about is program compatibility - I use the Adobe suites and I can't see if they will work on 10?

Old Post May-27-2015 23:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
cryophonik
Boom shanka

If it was my decision, I'd be scouring the interwebz for someone selling Windows 7 and, if not, then do a clean/minimal install of Windows 8 to get rid of all that stupid bloatware (lemme guess - Best Buy, right?). Being a W10 guinea pig might be fine for a secondary computer setup, but I sure wouldn't want to be using a beta OS for my main system. I doubt that most of your music software, hardware drivers, etc. will be supported yet and it could be a never-ending series of headaches. I would wait until W10 has been released, your software/drivers are officially supported, and the reviews say that it's safe to go into the waters.

Sonar Platinum | Pro Tools 11 | Logic Pro X | Access Virus TI2 Keyboard | Kurzweil PC3X | Nord Lead 4R | NI Maschine

Old Post May-27-2015 23:25  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cryophonik Click here to Send cryophonik a Private Message Visit cryophonik's homepage! Add cryophonik to your buddy list cryophonik is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Thanks guys, and lol at Best Buy - fucking nailed it Dave.

They just had too good a deal and when it comes to laptops I want to hold the thing before I part with hard earned.

Oh well, the voices of reason are telling me 8.1, so 8.1 it is. I just would have liked the start menu back

Old Post May-27-2015 23:27 
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

That's what i've been doing but it's a pain for when you want that program you use once a month; it doesn't go on the menu bar, but you still need to reach it and that silly windows button screen is plain annoying. I don't want all that shit, so I end up removing 90% and I juts have a minimal blank scrolling page to access a handful of programs.

It's a shame that windows really is the fruit of trying to make an OS that isn't OSX, rather than juts a logical and intuitive system.

Old Post May-28-2015 00:07 
Raphie
Mastering Engineer

You know you can boot directly into your desktop right? With a start menu and shortcut menu bar? Standard stuff in 8.1

Old Post May-28-2015 05:53  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Raphie Click here to Send Raphie a Private Message Visit Raphie's homepage! Add Raphie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kthought
Senior tranceaddict

8.1 is surprisingly stable, fast and consistent. It'd take a catastrophe to get me to even fuck with my system in the next year. No time. sizzling hi hats more important imo

Old Post May-28-2015 08:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Kthought Click here to Send Kthought a Private Message Add Kthought to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Magnus
I'm getting old

If you really want the start button back in Win8, there's always Start8. http://www.stardock.com/products/start8/

Music stuff:
Magnus - 2014 Releases - preview video
Artist Profile

Old Post Jun-10-2015 03:57 
Click Here to See the Profile for Magnus Click here to Send Magnus a Private Message Visit Magnus's homepage! Add Magnus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tehlord
Supreme tranceaddict

I'm still on W7-64 and will be for the foreseeable. 2.5 years and 3 machines later and I've not had a single crash or issue.

So no, I won't be changing yet

Old Post Jun-10-2015 09:29  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for tehlord Click here to Send tehlord a Private Message Add tehlord to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AuroraEventsLLC
tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
I would go for 8.1 now. It's pretty stabile and you get free upgrade to 10 later. 8.1 is like SP2 of win 8 and rock solid, tested well and with good driver and sw support. Win 10 I am sceptical just like win 8.0 wasn't really working. Remember it's always every second windows which is good. 5(xp),7,9(8.1), etc. win 10 are doomed just like vista with some new things but trying to keep the old motor. Even numbers are considered beta in most firms.

Windows 8.1 is not 9, and it's not the "every other" version.

Old Post Jun-10-2015 18:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AuroraEventsLLC Click here to Send AuroraEventsLLC a Private Message Add AuroraEventsLLC to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Storyteller
Supreme tracneaddict

He's not. As far as I'm aware every data-call within windows will tell you it is a V8. And for good reason. If it would internally communicate it was V9 all hell would break loose. The skipped v9 for a reason .

Storyteller Website | Storyteller @ Facebook | Storyteller @ Beatport | Storyteller @ Soundcloud | Storyteller @ Twitter
Stephen J. Kroos - Europa (Storyteller Remix)
Anthony Mea - Get It On (Storyteller Remix)

quote:
If less is more think about how much more more would be.
-Frasier

Old Post Jun-10-2015 20:50  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Storyteller Click here to Send Storyteller a Private Message Visit Storyteller's homepage! Add Storyteller to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by tehlord
I'm still on W7-64 and will be for the foreseeable. 2.5 years and 3 machines later and I've not had a single crash or issue.

So no, I won't be changing yet

nor me, dont see any reason to change just now

Old Post Jun-10-2015 21:28  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Anyone one on windows 10?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (11): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread