Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Soundtrack for an art exhibition
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
BOOsTER
Holding Infinity

Soundtrack for an art exhibition

Hi friends,
long time I've been here last, but...well
there's an art exposition of my grandparent's painting comming up in January. The exposition hall is equiped with a decent BOSE audio system and I'd like to put some unusuall music on there.

Currently, there's only classic music playing and I don't really think it fits to this kind of art. So, if any of you guys are interested and are not under some kind of agreement with a label or RIAA and such, I'd love to have your tracks played there.

if you're willing to do that, please post me a "demo" of your work, or full track, as you wish.

This is not a commercial thing at all, so please, there's only one thing you can expect and that is a nice playlist printed out and put on the rack for the people to see.
If you don't accept this, please don't bother.

Otherwise, want your music publicly played? Produce something along chillstep, drum and bass, breakbeat? Please gimme a shout, it'd be great to hear from you guys again.

Paintings to be shown which you can check and see if you think your music fits.

Thanks in advance to anyone who'd like to chime in

have a great day everyone

P.S.: I hope it's clear, but remixes or cover tracks cannot be accepted as we have no budget for licensing the tracks.

EDIT: All genres are welcome, those mentioned above are just a reference...I meant to say that I don't think very "poppy" sound would do well...and neither I think would do an epic trance anthem. Otherwise if you feel your track would go well with the linked images, please, don't hesitate to send them!

I will listen every track and if yours is not chosen I will at least try to give you an honest review. Thanks a lot for your support mates, makes me feel really good about comming back to TA after a few years!

Last edited by BOOsTER on Nov-16-2014 at 20:43

Old Post Nov-16-2014 18:51  Czech Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for BOOsTER Click here to Send BOOsTER a Private Message Add BOOsTER to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

I have some experimental/illbient stuff that may suit this artwork well. It's somewhat on the bleak/post-apocalyptic side, however, so let me know if you'd consider playing something like that.

Old Post Nov-16-2014 19:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BOOsTER
Holding Infinity

sure thing have it up somewhere? sample, or full?

Old Post Nov-16-2014 19:31  Czech Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for BOOsTER Click here to Send BOOsTER a Private Message Add BOOsTER to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BOOsTER
Holding Infinity

Just a quick update guys, the exposition starts on January 20th, you have plenty of time to consider everything. Again, all genres are welcome, thanks!

Old Post Nov-17-2014 13:14  Czech Republic
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Good to see you back booster.

I got a lot of art exhibitions (I'm cultured like that, don't you know) and one of the biggest things that always suck at exhibitions is the "music". more often than not, they've come up with the this sporadic sound design crap that simply sounds like a disperate set of badly choses sounds loosely clanged together by a deaf autistic child.

Whatever you end up choosing, please make it have some substance and flow. The art should speak for itself, the music should compliment it.

Old Post Nov-18-2014 22:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BOOsTER
Holding Infinity

Well, I guess I will stick around a little bit. Anyway, thats what I am trying to do...to get something to compliment the artwork.

I am also feeling a little un-confident about my own tracks, since they are now about...well 6 years old the least. :/

Hows it going here, Rann?

Old Post Nov-19-2014 16:06  Czech Republic
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Been good here. It ebbs and flows in the production forum; you know, you've been around long enough

There's always someone going to say it's dead and EDM/Trance has died, only for it to pick up and there be a ton of enthusiasm again. Thankfully the PF is one of the few places that doesn't suffer the bullshit that goes on in the c0r or local forums. There's always a bit of banter (and in that respect is mimics studio life) and the good thing is we have a strong group of die hard regs, who are knowledgeable and in my case, also extremely good looking (someone has to keep the curve up since Richie left).

I wouldn't worry too much about the music being old; it may need a little updating, maybe not. Why don't you post some of it in the WIP thread?

Old Post Nov-20-2014 07:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BOOsTER
Holding Infinity

Thanks Rann for the heads up. Actually...my own tracks won't be included. I am not really in the mood to dig into those so...

Anyways, if you'd like to take part, please let me know. Currently there's quite a nice playlist shaping up!

Old Post Nov-27-2014 18:02  Czech Republic
BOOsTER
Holding Infinity

Beginning of the exposition was rescheduled to 27th January and will go on till march. If you want your music played during the exposition, there is still some time on the playlist available for you.

All the artists will be credited on a caption about 15x15 cm, with their name and website/soundcloud listed.

Thanks!

Old Post Dec-11-2014 17:18  Czech Republic
BOOsTER
Holding Infinity

Just one more thing, we'll also post the link on the official facebook channel...anyway, the start of the exhibition is comming up fast, so if you want to be included, please message me asap thanks!

Old Post Jan-19-2015 07:08  Czech Republic
Trancelover03591
Trained tranceaddict

I PM'ed you a link of one of my songs you can use that may fit the vibe.

Old Post Jan-19-2015 20:33  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for Trancelover03591 Click here to Send Trancelover03591 a Private Message Add Trancelover03591 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
BOOsTER
Holding Infinity

Thank you will check it out asap

Old Post Jan-21-2015 07:07  Czech Republic

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Soundtrack for an art exhibition
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread