Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - Belgium > Rétro du jour
Pages (39): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
TOR
Traveller

Love is in the air Rétro du jour

Deze thread even gaan pikken bij de franstaligen...

Post een track die voor jou absoluut niet mag ontbreken in een historisch overzicht van de EDM wereld (je hoeft je niet tot trance te beperken), eentje die in het verleden een grote impact op de EDM scene of op jezelf heeft gehad. Vertel er ook bij waarom je de plaat hebt geselecteerd!

Ik steek de loef af:

Deze plaat belichaamt trance wat mij betreft: hypnotische ritmes, zweverige strings en warme melodieuze content. De youtube commentaren zeggen alles eigenlijk, er hangen ontzettend veel verhalen aan vast. Ik sta daar nog altijd van versteld eigenlijk: zo'n eenvoudige plaat qua structuur en opbouw, en toch zo'n grote impact in de Belgische clubs. Straf! Enfin, de plaat blijft zeer aanstekelijk en ik luister er dan ook met plezier naar terug.

Zo, nu is het aan jullie

Eén track per post graag, zo houden we de thread een beetje overzichtelijk!

Hopelijk kunnen we dit een tijdje gaande houden

Old Post May-05-2011 21:20  Europe
Click Here to See the Profile for TOR Click here to Send TOR a Private Message Add TOR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Real
hi!

Eén van mijn favoriete platen! Ik zal morgen ook wel eentje posten.

You pick up this working girl who's hooked on smack, who hussles and scores. "That's all I do" she says, she says "Ten bucks for head, fifteen for half-and-half". She says "Three hits a day at 35 per", you say "That's seven tricks a day at least", but she says "Sometimes I get lucky. Once this guy gives me a bill-and-half just to eat me, only time I ever came".
You figure you can save her. You sell your color tv, that keeps her off the streets a whole day. You hawk your typewriter for one jolt. Then your shotgun, your watch. A week later you say "Listen I'm a little short", but she says "No scratch, no snatch". You say "Look it is better to give", but she says "Beat off creep".
One night they spot you on the street in your skibbies trying to sell your shoes. You tell them who you are, but they nail you. Then she happens by and she says "Christ you look fucked", she says "Hang tough!". But you don't say anything, you just think "what a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me".

Old Post May-05-2011 23:18  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Real Click here to Send Real a Private Message Add Real to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Progrez
Antwerp's Finest

Sterk idee. Sterke opener. Ik heb die nog gespeeld op de vorige Mega Retro, zo ergens rond 23.00u.

Ik pik in met:

Deze quote die ik vond op Discogs zegt alles:

"'The Promised Land' is one of those increasingly rare moments you'd look forward to at 8:00am when you're once again level with the physical universe and dreading the sound of chirping birds. Somehow - some way or another - Joe Smooth makes it all... smooth again..."

No Rules, Great Old

Old Post May-06-2011 07:45  Austria
Click Here to See the Profile for Progrez Click here to Send Progrez a Private Message Add Progrez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kaidreas
Lord of the offtopics

voor mij nog altijd een van de beste tracks ooit, ik was toen 16 ongeveer en ging elk weekend naar de fuiven in de buurt en werd gewoon gek van deze plaat

Old Post May-06-2011 08:15  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Kaidreas Click here to Send Kaidreas a Private Message Add Kaidreas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Real
hi!

Geweldige plaat uit 1995!

Leukste herinnering: enkele jaren terug rond 7u 's morgens in een Leuvens café, terwijl de eerste zonnestralen al door de ramen piepten, besloot een vrolijk gestoorde Arabische DJ deze plaat er plots tussen te gooien. Redelijk onverwacht, tussen de commerciële houseplaatjes door. Ambiaans.

You pick up this working girl who's hooked on smack, who hussles and scores. "That's all I do" she says, she says "Ten bucks for head, fifteen for half-and-half". She says "Three hits a day at 35 per", you say "That's seven tricks a day at least", but she says "Sometimes I get lucky. Once this guy gives me a bill-and-half just to eat me, only time I ever came".
You figure you can save her. You sell your color tv, that keeps her off the streets a whole day. You hawk your typewriter for one jolt. Then your shotgun, your watch. A week later you say "Listen I'm a little short", but she says "No scratch, no snatch". You say "Look it is better to give", but she says "Beat off creep".
One night they spot you on the street in your skibbies trying to sell your shoes. You tell them who you are, but they nail you. Then she happens by and she says "Christ you look fucked", she says "Hang tough!". But you don't say anything, you just think "what a bum rap for a nice, sensitive guy like me".

Old Post May-06-2011 09:31  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Real Click here to Send Real a Private Message Add Real to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pzK
Supreme tranceaddict

Eén van de tracks die voor mij weerspiegelen wat trance is, de verschillende thema's doorheen de track verschillen zo hard van het merendeel van de hedendaagse trance met hun verschrikkelijk voorspelbare structuur. Gereleased op het geniale Blue Energy album in 1998.

Last edited by pzK on May-06-2011 at 11:07

Old Post May-06-2011 10:58  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for pzK Click here to Send pzK a Private Message Add pzK to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djcresto
Tranceaddict Trainer

Zwaar onderschat trance nummer uit 98 als ik me niet vergis. Echt een geweldige track die het duistere van de muziek perfect combineert met het melodische.

Old Post May-06-2011 16:45  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for djcresto Click here to Send djcresto a Private Message Visit djcresto's homepage! Add djcresto to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Push2005
Sidechain'd

Heerlijke plaat uit 1994, die ik 2 jaar geleden leerde kennen ofzo. Grappige pads en percussie met een zeer uplifting break halverwege

Old Post May-06-2011 17:58  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Push2005 Click here to Send Push2005 a Private Message Add Push2005 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Progrez
Antwerp's Finest

Goede keuzes hier. 't Is wachten op de eerste paljas die Cygnus X - Superstring post om het hele concept naar de kloten te helpen.

Toen ik me rond 1997 fulltime begon te concentreren op elektronische muziek, luisterde ik vaak naar C-Dance, een radiostation dat alleen maar house draaide. Tussen middernacht en 06.00u 's morgens zendden die mannen live uit vanuit Illusion. Ik heb daar dikwijls naar geluisterd. Op een van die nachten - rond 05.00u - kwam dat nummer voorbij van F.U.S.E., zo'n repetitieve plaat met een blijven-doorgaan-stempel van hier tot in Tokio. Die plaat heeft in mijn kop gezeten tot ik een paar jaar terug eindelijk de titel en uitvoerder ben te weten gekomen. Tot op vandaag is dat nummer voor mij de definitie van een afterclub-plaat.

Een halve trouwboek geschreven, maar ge moet iets doen om niet aan die kater te denken.

No Rules, Great Old

Old Post May-07-2011 11:21  Austria
Click Here to See the Profile for Progrez Click here to Send Progrez a Private Message Add Progrez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Config
Elaba!

wat zegt ge progrez? zendden?

Een historisch moment dames en heren

enfin, alle gekheid op een stokje; deze is altijd een zware favoriet van mij geweest:

Het plaatje staat op een oude retro house top 100 van mij vermeld als EVO - The Sound of the drums, maar tot voor kort wist ik niet dat dit een Tiesto remix was. Alvast een zalig schijfke die zwaar doorknalt om na de break een heerlijke melodische climax te komen

www.djconfig.com
Config Mixcloud

Last edited by Config on May-07-2011 at 12:37

Old Post May-07-2011 12:31  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Config Click here to Send Config a Private Message Add Config to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MikeVee
THUNDERDOME

Heerlijk nummer. Geniaal om met zo weinig, zo een boeiend nummer te maken.
Typisch duitse PCP sound van die periode.
Bovendien is dit een nummer dat de genregrenzen doorbreekt, dit nummer kon je zowel op Thunderdome als in Illusion horen.

Old Post May-07-2011 12:43  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for MikeVee Click here to Send MikeVee a Private Message Visit MikeVee's homepage! Add MikeVee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kaidreas
Lord of the offtopics

quote:
Originally posted by Progrez
Goede keuzes hier. 't Is wachten op de eerste paljas die Cygnus X - Superstring post om het hele concept naar de kloten te helpen.

Toen ik me rond 1997 fulltime begon te concentreren op elektronische muziek, luisterde ik vaak naar C-Dance, een radiostation dat alleen maar house draaide.

dat waren nogal tijden, tijdens vakantiewerk naar c-dance luisteren. Silver bath, carrera 2.... zalig, zelf nog redelijk veel gewonnen met hun wedstrijden

Old Post May-07-2011 13:29  Belgium
Click Here to See the Profile for Kaidreas Click here to Send Kaidreas a Private Message Add Kaidreas to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Europe > Europe - Belgium > Rétro du jour
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (39): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackID this tune.......again....please [2003] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCandy Shop - To Be Free Again (Club Mix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread