Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 137: Post Op Edition
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

I recently picked up the Blu-rays of Atomic Blonde, American Assassin, and John Wick Chapter 2. We're going to try to ingest at least 2 of those this weekend since 1.) the wife is in recovery mode and 2.) the weather is going to suck and continue to suck.

Old Post Dec-09-2017 11:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

I love Charlize. She did all her own stunts in Atomic Blonde. Related: she is one of the executive producers of Mindhunter, along with David Fincher (see, legit). The show is also based on real cases/psychopaths.

Old Post Dec-09-2017 12:59 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
I love Charlize. She did all her own stunts in Atomic Blonde. Related: she is one of the executive producers of Mindhunter, along with David Fincher (see, legit). The show is also based on real cases/psychopaths.

Awesome! Love me some David Fincher!

Old Post Dec-09-2017 13:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Zoso Click here to Send Zoso a Private Message Add Zoso to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I fell asleep at 10.30 last night. Clearly still paying off the sleep debt from last weekend. Just bought a microwave this afternoon. Banging weekend all round.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Dec-09-2017 13:43  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Woke up this morning at my regular 6AM, thought it was Friday, almost went to take my shower to get ready for work but then my girl asks me wtf I'm doing.

Realized it was Saturday so went back to bed

Gonna be doing the last of my xmas shopping (literally one gift) then making lasagna.

Old Post Dec-09-2017 14:35  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
planetaryplayer
surprime trainandict

i will take any catering inquiries from this thread as well as any general prostitution inquiries too. if you are man i can't penetrate you because i won't be erect

Old Post Dec-09-2017 15:13  Norfolk Island
Click Here to See the Profile for planetaryplayer Click here to Send planetaryplayer a Private Message Add planetaryplayer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Welp, it's 24c (75f) here and sunny.

All good except just about every fucking hill around here is on fire and we're at like 5% containment.

I've just been reading about this. Mad shit. Apparently Southern California endures pretty much perpetual drought these days. I was also reading that Sao Paulo is in constant drought as well. A few years ago they were on the verge of riots because people had no water to drink.

Not too long many years ago I was reading people prophesying that there would be wars fought over water in the 21st Century. At the time it sounded like science fiction. Now it seems imminent (if it hasn't already started already). Everything I read about the environment suggests that the world as we know it is going to come to an end in the next 50 years. In many ways, it's already beginning with things like this. Perpetual droughts, catastrophic fires, unwelcome records being broken everywhere you look. Abnormality is creeping into the periphery of civilised society, just out of clear sight.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Dec-09-2017 19:56  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson
Cvnt F^ce

Chinatown?

Old Post Dec-09-2017 20:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zoso
Unicorn Cawk!

Well, the snow/dusting was a no show, but the bitter-ass wind showed up right on time.

Old Post Dec-09-2017 21:26  United States
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I've just been reading about this. Mad shit. Apparently Southern California endures pretty much perpetual drought these days. I was also reading that Sao Paulo is in constant drought as well. A few years ago they were on the verge of riots because people had no water to drink.

Not too long many years ago I was reading people prophesying that there would be wars fought over water in the 21st Century. At the time it sounded like science fiction. Now it seems imminent (if it hasn't already started already). Everything I read about the environment suggests that the world as we know it is going to come to an end in the next 50 years. In many ways, it's already beginning with things like this. Perpetual droughts, catastrophic fires, unwelcome records being broken everywhere you look. Abnormality is creeping into the periphery of civilised society, just out of clear sight.

I kinda had the same incredulity about those prophesies but living in Cali changes that opinion. The big difference here is that I'm only 10 miles from the sea, and when it does rain here (like the end of last year) it fucking dumps like a British summer.

Desalination will keep developed drought affected areas OK, I'm more concerned about places in the developing world which are going to se massive changes in what once was water abundance, and it's really not too hard to imagine people revolting due to lack of water.

The fires here are just getting under control as of today but I know several people who have lost houses, land, animals and I live in the center of LA. It's bizarre to be honest to think super dry condition and fires could affect you in a major developed city.

I reckon you're right about the next 50 years but it's all going to be about extremes. I think the first real major problems are going to be flood related. Just look at what Katrina did and there's been lasting damage. 2000 dead and hundreds of thousands of people just never never went back to their homes. That's the sort of historical displacement that changed the paths of previous civilizations. Florida might well be under water in our lifetime, as may a lot of the Caribbean and indonesia.

People think migration is bad from wars? Wait until a big chunk of asia is under water. It's really fucking worrying.

Old Post Dec-09-2017 22:58 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list DJ RANN is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

The world is gonna end, be like Jesus.

Old Post Dec-10-2017 05:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

From 2006-2011, Syria suffered massive droughts which caused substantial agricultural and economic problems, which then led to large internal population shifts and breakdowns in traditional social structures, which directly laid the groundwork for the Syrian Civil War, which in turn helped contribute to the wave of migrants/refuges moving to Europe and upsetting the traditional centrist political structures. Ergo, water scarcity helped cause Brexit.

Okay, slight exaggeration there, but it certainly did contribute to all the problems. Civilisation will be fine if we approach these issues rationally and logically, so, you know, we're probably fucked, but there's a decent chance we can pull it all together.

More extreme weather is going to cause more serious problems in Africa in the foreseeable future leading to even more problems for Europe. Of course that's some way in the future, so good luck getting the correct attention and money needed.

On the topic of water, it's snowing in London today, which is pretty nice.

Old Post Dec-10-2017 12:24 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 137: Post Op Edition
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread