Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The "talk about your last night out" thread
Pages (39): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mark Anthony
Dance Floor Poet

Saw Thugfu-cker play for a few hours in Philly on Friday at Hacienda here in Philly. Boring Life & Death tech house set. Would not recommend seeing them.

Thank you TA members for the support!

Old Post Mar-15-2015 16:13  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mark Anthony Click here to Send Mark Anthony a Private Message Add Mark Anthony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Too lazy to talk about everything i've seen recently, but one set that really impressed me was Stenny at Berghain. I didn't hear all of it, but what I heard was suberb. His set was almost all breakbeat, mind you at Berghain, usually an institution for endless thumping 4/4. He kept people on the floor and the crowd in good mood, dancing enthusiastically to his beats, though not very successfully according to a friend of mine from the UK, but hey, at least they tried I'm not a fan of most breakbeat techno since it's usually the drag industrial kind, but the tracks he played all had a similiar vibe to his own productions, smooth, swinging rhythms and dreamy, melodic ethereal pads and chords on top. I've Never heard a whole set with that kind of vibe and rhythm before, it felt like something new and fresh and he pulled off in great fashion.

Old Post Mar-15-2015 17:53 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Originally posted by Woony
I'm not sure if I've ever heard Len Faki play a brilliant hour

yeah i dunno, i was hoping it would be something akin to his boilerroom Berlin set, but it wasnt.

Old Post Mar-15-2015 20:34  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Sometimes he's passable but he plays way to relentlessly functional to really be brilliant.

Old Post Mar-15-2015 20:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Woony Click here to Send Woony a Private Message Add Woony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SPANIARD
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:

Very nice stuff

Old Post Mar-25-2015 15:30  Spain
Click Here to See the Profile for SPANIARD Click here to Send SPANIARD a Private Message Add SPANIARD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

Fucking Nina Kraviz of all people played Cafe Del Mar (I think the Kid Paul mix) last night

Old Post Mar-30-2015 10:06 
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
Fucking Nina Kraviz of all people played Cafe Del Mar (I think the Kid Paul mix) last night

was that the highlight of the set?

Old Post Mar-30-2015 11:55  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

That's reminded me that Red Jerry played the Nalin & Kane mix, think it was his last track.

> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Rebel Alliance [Tech/Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Mar-30-2015 12:02  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Woony
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
was that the highlight of the set?

Maybe, it was great because it was so unexptected. Her set was really good, although I didn't hear all of it.

Old Post Mar-30-2015 17:10 
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Went to a ravey-rave on the weekend, a throwback of sorts in a tiny arts studio with multiple rooms to poke around and explore. Four rooms of music too: a tech-house main, a 'deep' tech-house side, a disco-funk house'n'edits secondary, and an 'anything goes' corner (mostly bass music, though heard psy-breaks at one point there too). Stuck to the disco-funk room myself. The school bus ball pit was also 'fun'.

Notable headliners? Eeehhh.... This was a fundraiser, so Vancouver locals only. Maybe Andy Clockwork or Woodhead?

(~)

Old Post Mar-30-2015 19:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

Thank God Almighty for Speedy J is all i will say after last night

Old Post Apr-18-2015 12:54  Ireland
rdevito
Controlling Paradox

Last night I went to D-Edge to see Recondite. He played only a hour and half. It was ok. Caldera is really a bomb. The warm up DJ played some nice deep shit like Conforce - Depht Over Distance, so kudos to him, but at the very beginning he was playing crap, very generic Tech House.

Tonight hepully I will enjoy a nice House overdose with Fred P and Roman Flügel.

Old Post Apr-18-2015 18:44  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for rdevito Click here to Send rdevito a Private Message Add rdevito to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The "talk about your last night out" thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (39): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread