Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Happy New Year C0re Wh0res!
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Silky Johnson
International Playa Hater

Well I dunno about you all, but 2018 sure zipped by! A really fantastic and fun year in all regards - I can see how, with kids, so many aspects of life just get better. So much to enjoy and look forward to, it's like being a kid again myself!

I've completed one of the highlights of the new year, which is to fill in my calendar with all my work shifts, vacation plans, birthdays, appointments, and events. I love writing shit down, lol.

I purged a ton of music from my laptop today too, and it's amazing how some dance music just holds up over time, and other stuff is like "Wtf this is dated and shitty, as if I was into this!" I also ended up re-adding a bunch of old awesome mixes back onto my ipod.

What plans have you folks got for this year? How was your 2018? Everyone getting off to a good start or what?

Last edited by Silky Johnson on Jan-03-2019 at 01:12

Old Post Jan-02-2019 20:36 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

2018 was definitely my wildest ride ever. Children certainly make life a lot more difficult and complicated, but in a good way. I view some things in a different lens now and it has altered my perspective.

I also went back through my data stores looking to remove duplicates, and generally manage my files. I have found out that a vast majority of my saved music is largely useless with the existence of Spotify and the Internet. Perhaps somehow if we exist in some Bird Box post-apocalyptic world where there is no more internet, they may come in handy, but until then, most of it is just taking up space. Has anyone else figured out what to do with all their 10-15 year old music files?

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jan-02-2019 20:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

I just told you I deleted them, asshole!!

Old Post Jan-02-2019 20:50 
Click Here to See the Profile for Silky Johnson Click here to Send Silky Johnson a Private Message Add Silky Johnson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

I feel like a hoarder looking back on these music files I will never listen to and pretending to care about them enough to where I won't delete them

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Old Post Jan-02-2019 21:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Well this is what I'm saying. If you actually skip through (if you have the time that is, lol) your old music, you will be like "Wtf why?" And like you said, with the ease of access to music now, streaming services, etc., it doesn't make sense to keep most files anymore - which makes it super easy to delete stuff.

I got into the practice of regularly going through my music files to make sure I was only keeping the real gems a long time ago, which is why I was surprised at some of the shit still kicking around, lol.

Old Post Jan-02-2019 21:06 
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Don't you tell me I won't listen to my 01-kittie-what_i_always_wanted_(live)-pms.mp3 from 2001!

Old Post Jan-02-2019 23:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

Old Post Jan-03-2019 01:13 
Mebot
Maverick

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
with the ease of access to music now, streaming services, etc., it doesn't make sense to keep most files anymore - which makes it super easy to delete stuff.

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
I have found out that a vast majority of my saved music is largely useless with the existence of Spotify and the Internet.

eh.... Honestly, streaming services and the internet (yes, even YouTube) really can't find obscure tracks that I look for. Especially with the one-off remixes that float around. It's pretty pathetic, but sometimes when I have a itch for an old track, I just go to my own library because I know I can find the exact version I want. Til then, Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube et al can kiss my ass

quote:
Originally posted by Silky Johnson
it's amazing how some dance music just holds up over time

Like what?

Old Post Jan-04-2019 06:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for Mebot Click here to Send Mebot a Private Message Add Mebot to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Silky Johnson

quote:
Originally posted by Mebot
eh.... Honestly, streaming services and the internet (yes, even YouTube) really can't find obscure tracks that I look for. Especially with the one-off remixes that float around. It's pretty pathetic, but sometimes when I have a itch for an old track, I just go to my own library because I know I can find the exact version I want. Til then, Spotify, Soundcloud, YouTube et al can kiss my ass

Yeah, exactly why I keep certain mixes.

quote:
Like what?

Ah the list is pretty long and eclectic. Ranging in years from 2006 to current.

Old Post Jan-04-2019 14:56 
Jon_Snow

quote:

Like what?

I listen to Sandstorm every morning it’s my wake up song Who could have foreseen Dub Step wouldn’t last forever. I’ve been telling Del for years Trance is dead.

99% of my music I don’t listen to any more but I leave it there just in case. Is it possible to sell your old mp3s at a tag sale.

A lot of music it’s not a question if it’s good or not just is a bit of a time capsule with memories attached that you just don’t open willy nilly.

Everything we have is so transient that archeologists in 100 years won’t have anything to prove we existed. “All we are is dust in the wind...

Last edited by on Jan-04-2019 at 17:09

Old Post Jan-04-2019 16:29 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Boomer187
Spicy Hotdog

Dj Sammy - A tribute to heaven never ages.

Old Post Jan-04-2019 18:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Boomer187 Click here to Send Boomer187 a Private Message Visit Boomer187's homepage! Add Boomer187 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wotyzoid
it's not house

quote:
Originally posted by Jon_Snow
I listen to Sandstorm every morning it’s my wake up song

Of course you do

Old Post Jan-04-2019 18:53  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for wotyzoid Click here to Send wotyzoid a Private Message Add wotyzoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Happy New Year C0re Wh0res!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLee Burridge Played It. Amazing! [2007] [10]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackSoul Central - Need You Now (Deep Josh Remix) [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread