Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > [tekno time]
Pages (236): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
sixtysix
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Kate Manus
not exactly recent, and not entirely Magda... but came across this tasty looking link the other day...

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Tresor Never Sleeps. feat. Cocoon loves Tresor!
Globus 11.07.2003
- Tobi Neumann (Chicks on Speed Rec. / Berlin)
- Funk D'Void vs. Dave Tarrida (Soma, Sativae / Barcelona)
- Magda (m_nus / Detroit)
- Ricardo Villalobos (Perlon, Frisbee / Berlin)

and down below in the bunker...

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Tresor Never Sleeps. feat. Cocoon loves Tresor!
Tresor 11.07.2003
- Toni Rios (Danza Electronica / FfM)
- Pascal Feos (PV Rec. / FfM)
- Oliver Bondzio (Serial Killer, Jackpot / Düsseldorf)
- John Selway (Tension / NYC)
- Frank Lorber (Cocoon Rec. / FfM)

I think I'll be going back to Tresor in May (if not before), the day before I hop on a plane to Latvia.

You;ve got to be fucking kidding me... holy fuck, that looks amazing, after a night of shitty commercial house at the guv, I can not wait to listen to this. Kate Manus!!!! I do not know you but you are the bomb!!!!

Old Post Jan-13-2008 08:22  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for sixtysix Click here to Send sixtysix a Private Message Add sixtysix to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dirtyfilthy
Supreme tranceaddict

Guido Schneider - Allez-Allez Mix (04-01-2008)

direct link: http://www.allez-allez.co.uk/guido.mp3

mikro loko - unreleased
falko brocksieper - autofahrmusik (cereal/killers)
paul ritch - back to the time (fumakilla)
guido schneider & andre gallzzi - albertino (cadenza)
simon flower - the whisper had it (poker flat)
tectronic - kameleon
digitaline - honolulu (cadenza)
dan andrei - fuem (arpair)
plastikman - panicattack (second attack remix by guido schneider) (m_inus)
kollektiv turmstrasse - milieu (diynamic)
edit - select 01 (asperity)
björk - bootleg

Old Post Jan-13-2008 14:33  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Dirtyfilthy Click here to Send Dirtyfilthy a Private Message Add Dirtyfilthy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kate Manus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sixtysix
You;ve got to be fucking kidding me... holy fuck, that looks amazing, after a night of shitty commercial house at the guv, I can not wait to listen to this. Kate Manus!!!! I do not know you but you are the bomb!!!!
no prob... many more links like that one on livesets.com

Old Post Jan-16-2008 19:17  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Kate Manus Click here to Send Kate Manus a Private Message Add Kate Manus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kate Manus
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sixtysix
no prob... many more links like that one on livesets.com

Old Post Jan-16-2008 19:19  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for Kate Manus Click here to Send Kate Manus a Private Message Add Kate Manus to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kate Manus
Supreme tranceaddict

some fresh sets...

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

[[ LINK REMOVED ]]

Old Post Jan-16-2008 19:22  Ireland
SuperJimbo
Jimbo. Jimmy. James.

The Month In: Techno
The Month In by Philip Sherburne
January 16, 2008

http://www.pitchforkmedia.com/artic...month-in-techno

It's time, finally, to wrap up last year in house and techno. I've been working and reworking my year-end list since early December, recalibrating as per my shifting moods and last-minute revelations. The December slowdown in new releases lent itself to spending time with yearlong favorites and neglected records alike, and a visit home gave me the opportunity to sift through boxes of CDs stored in my family's basement, reconnecting with forgotten masterpieces and, crucially, more non-techno than I probably listened to in all the 11 preceding months put together. No doubt that reset influenced my selection; in putting together my list I found myself favoring the "musical" over the tracky, the eccentric over the determinedly functionalist.

Granted, not all "dance" tracks are created equal. The most interesting songs to write about are not always those that work best on the floor. As a writer my tastes often run towards oddball, one-of-a-kind compositions that have their merry way with the rules of the form; as a DJ, I have a profound respect for those focused crowdpleasers so adept at commanding asses that they practically create new archetypes for the genre. At their best, the tracks we sometimes disparagingly call "tools" can be absolutely transcendent, as "musical" as the most convoluted chord change.

What follows is a list of the 10 house and techno tracks I considered most important this year, for their own individual brilliance and, often, for the way they encapsulated the essence of "the scene" in 2007. Dance music, like any vibrant genre, is a kind of conversation, and these were the tunes I heard speaking most eloquently.

I said "10 tracks," but I've actually bent the rules in the cases of Ricardo Villalobos and Radio Slave, for whom I present three selections each. Both are so productive, so consistent and so focused upon their singular paths that no single cut adequately represents them.

Following, I've appended an alphabetical list of runners-up, 50 songs long. It's no less arbitrary than a number less round, and tabulators accustomed to the rigidity of top-10 lists may find the number excessive. But all the tracks included blew my mind on a regular basis in 2007, and most found their way into my DJ sets with regularity, and remain there. In terms of release dates, the only fudge is Kalabrese's "Auf dem Hof (Ludron Dub)," which technically came out in December 2006; that's close enough to 2007 for me. I'm sure there are a few I've forgotten to include, but to my mind, the list sums up what I consider the best tendencies in house and techno for 2007. May 2008 be so fertile.

1. Nôze: "Remember Love" [My Best Friend]
The top slot has to go to this song, if only because no other track came anywhere near giving me this much pleasure this year. Propulsive piano chords, barroom romance, copious shuffle, organ solo, weird French accents, a riff ripped from Technotronic: what doesn't this song have? Plus, best closing-time singalong ever.

2. Dave Aju and the Invisible Art Trio: "Be Like the Sun" [Circus Company]
Hearing the Wighnomy Brothers play it early in their outdoor set at MUTEK was one of the musical highlights of my year, and seven months of playing it out have, if anything, only deepened my appreciation for this oddball house anthem from the Bay Area's Dave Aju. This, to me, is everything that dance music should be: linear and focused in the groove department; hooky without choking on its own riffs; and sonically eccentric as all get-out. Those trumpet blasts are the icing on the cake.

3. Junior Boys: "Like a Child (Carl Craig Remix)" [Domino]
It took me forever to get used to the way that Junior Boys' vocals and Carl Craig's synth additions seemed to be in entirely different keys, but now I couldn't hear the two together as anything less than inevitable. Craig at his most elegant.

4. Shackleton: "Blood On My Hands (Ricardo Villalobos Apocalypso Now Remix)" [Skull Disco]
Innersphere aka Shinedoe: "Phunk (Ricardo Villalobos Remix)" [Intacto]
Chica and the Folder: "Angelus Novus (Ricardo Villalobos Remix)" [Monika Enterprise]
Keeping up with Villalobos felt like a full-time job in 2007 (good work if you can get it!). These three remixes saw him at the height of his powers, carving out lean, elliptical rhythms and infusing them with a dark melodic sensibility, spitting color like an oil slick on fire.

5. Supermayer: "The Art of Letting Go (Ewan's Art of Getting Low Remix)" [Kompakt]
Ewan Pearson closed out a ridiculously good year-- releasing both one of the year's best mix CDs, Fabric 35, and also a double-CD compilation of his remixes-- with this out-of-nowhere mindfuck of a remix for Superpitcher and Michael Mayer's Supermayer project. Favoring Radio Slave-styled builds, he digs into a lithe, percussive groove and discards the original's wonky funk, preserving only a few unhinged shouts and a strange, major-key bridge to remind you that this ain't just another minimal track. The best thing about Pearson? Whatever he does, he does with gusto.

6. Argy: "1985 (Jerome Sydenham & Rune Remix)" [Liebe*Detail]
If this was the year that house made a triumphant return, no one did it better than Jerome Sydenham and Rune on their remix of Argy's tracky, insistent "1985", whipping his chords into weightless tufts and layering billowing vocals atop it all. It's not unlike the Field's approach to blissed-out trance-- but done with chops, groove and soul.

7. Mr. G: "U Askin'?" [Rekids]
I'm not sure that there's another song I played out more than this one this year. The chunky Latin beat, which felt like a chopped and screwed version of breakbeat hardcore, proved the perfect diversion from clean, regulated minimalism, while the vocal sample, with its peculiar downward fillip, tempered the track's rave overload with matter-of-fact melancholy.

8. DJ Koze: "Cicely" [Philpot]
Borrowing a title from the Cocteau Twins, DJ Koze gives us his most sensitive music ever, with a track the color and texture of the dust off a butterfly's wings.

9. UNKLE: "Burn My Shadow (Radio Slave Remix)" [white label/Surrender All]
Radio Slave: "Bell Clap Dance" [Rekids]
Radio Slave: "No Sleep (Part Three)" [Rekids]
Like several other of our finalists, Radio Slave, aka Matt Edwards, turned out more than his fair share of standout material this year, and if at times it felt like his approach to remixing verged on the formulaic, who could complain, given his talent for crunching numbers. (He even made Armand Van Helden sound good, fer chrissakes.) Add to the above list fine remixes for Deetron feat. DJ Bone ("Life Soundtrack") and Trentemøller ("Moan") and his own "Screaming Hands", and you've got one hell of a track record for 12 months' time. "No Sleep (Part Three)" is essentially a percussive edit of Herbie Hancock's "Nobu", but it's nonetheless one of the year's most out-there bangers. "Bell Clap Dance" and his remix for UNKLE's "Burn My Shadow"-- featuring, improbably, the Cult's Ian Astbury-- proved that no one can touch Edwards when it comes to epic grandeur.

10. My My: "Fast Freeze" [Cocoon]
At a time when so much dance music pledges unwavering allegiance to a particular methodology-- resolutely digital minimalism, staunchly analog deep techno-- and the riffage that passes for a hook is so interchangeable, it might as well come from a sample pack, My My forge a unique path, declining even to make two songs that sound terribly alike, but without falling into messy eclecticism. "Fast Freeze" combines sampled drums, highly controlled synth work and a bank of sampled sounds (voices, strings, vamps) into a garden of forking paths begging to be followed. It doesn't hurt that the group's grasp of melody, harmony and tone color is all but unparalleled in contemporary electronic music.

1. Âme: "Fiori" [Ostgut Tön]
2. Roland Appel: "Dark Soldier" [Sonar Kollektiv]
3. Animal Collective: "Peacebone (Pantha du Prince Remix)" [Domino]
4. Black Strobe: "I'm a Man (Audion's Donation Mix)" [Playlouder]
5. The Cheapers: "Fog" [Upon You]
6. Cobblestone Jazz: "Put Da Lime in Da Coconut" [Wagon Repair]
7. Dapayk & Padberg: "Black Beauty" [Mo's Ferry]
8. Cio D'or: "Psst!" [Motoguzzi]
9. dOP: "Allo Boom Boom" [Circus Company]
10. Jan Driver: "Trains" [Grand Petrol]
11. Dusty Kid: "Kore" [Boxer]
12. Each: "Sunrise (Minilogue Remix)" [Out of Orbit]
13. Efdemin: "Acid Bells" [Curle]
14. Len Faki: "Mekong Delta" [Ostgut Tonträger]
15. Len Faki: "My Black Sheep" [Podium]
16. Ernesto Ferreyra: "The Last Shooter" [Cynosure]
17. Hauke Freer: "My Beat" [Real Soon]
18. Mr. G: "The Subbie" [unreleased]
19. Stefan Goldmann: "Lunatic Fringe" [Macro]
20. Pär Grindvik: "World of Mine" [Truesoul]
21. Ink & Needle: "Tattoo Five" [Tattoo]
22. Petre Inspirescu: "Racakadoom" [Cadenza]
23. Petre Inspirescu: "Sakadat" [Vinyl Club Family]
24. Etienne Jaume: "Repeat Again After Me" [Versatile]
25. Kabale und Liebe & Daniel Sanchez: "Mumbling Yeah" [Area Remote]
26. Kalabrese: "Auf Dem Hof (Ludron Dub)" [Stattmusik]
27. Larsson: "Off Voices" [Bpitch Control]
28. Legowelt: "Disco Rout (Deetron Remix)" [Cocoon]
29. Jamie Lloyd: "What We Have (…Is A Zwicker Remix)" [Future Classic]
30. Lontano: "Black Flower" [Factor City]
31. Luciano: "Drunken Ballet" [Ostgut Tonträger]
32. Luciano: "Fourges et Sabres" [Perlon]
33. The Martinez Brothers: "My Rendition" [Objektivity]
34. Minilogue: "Orglar A" [Minilogue]
35. James Mowbray & Leiam Sullivan: "Tropical Heights (Ink & Needle Cut Edit)" [Four:Twenty]
36. nsi.: "Dual" [Non Standard Productions]
37. Onur Özer: "Red Cabaret" [Vakant]
38. Osborne: "Outta Sight" [Spectral]
39. Phage: "Six of a Kind" [Upon You]
40. Phage & Daniel Dreier: "Elevator" [BAR25]
41. Pheek: "Orange Solaire (Tim Xavier Remix)" [Archipel]
42. Bruno Pronsato: "At Home I'm a Tourist" [Hello?Repeat]
43. Mikael Stavöstrand: "Q Fresa" [Sushitech]
44. Superpitcher: "Lick the Pipe" [Kompakt Extra]
45. Tadeo: "Reflection Nebula 056n" [Apnea]
46. Tiger Stripes: "Hooked" [Liebe*Detail]
47. Cortney Tidwell: "Don't Let Stars Keep Us Tangled Up (Ewan Pearson's Objects in Space Mix)" [!K7]
48. Ulysse: "Sometimes" [Liebe*Detail]
49. Ricardo Villalobos: "Primer Encuentro Latino Americano" [Sei Es Drum/Fabric]
50. Eve White: "The Trail" [Contentismissing]

Philip Sherburne: http://phs.abstractdynamics.org/

Old Post Jan-17-2008 01:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for SuperJimbo Click here to Send SuperJimbo a Private Message Add SuperJimbo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

Where the hell is hard techno on that list?

PS: That Speedy J set from Leeds is bonkers

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-17-2008 02:27  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

Party Hat

Has anyone ever checked out Mark E.G.'s website, Blackout Audio (http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/), or ever DLed and listened to his monthly radio show??

I've know about his website for a while, but never got around to giving it any attention. . . Finally had that opportunity last Thurs and Friday to listen to some of his monthly radio shows.

Wow, so glad I finally did! So refreshing to hear a great techno radio show! And it is just JAM PACKED with proper hard techno tunes too!! Very excellent. ^5

The new tracks he spotlights are excellent, and I really love the interviews with the DJs/producers.

Only heard the ones w/ Bas Mooy, DJ Brixton, DJ 3000, and Felix Kroecher so far. . . But all were very entertaining listens. I was ESPECIALLY eager to hear what questions and comments would be generated by the Kroecher interview!!

And the set of his following it -- TOP NOTCH BANGING TECHNO SHIT!!!!

Check them out. . . All are listed for DL on the main page!

(and i'll put direct links below to facilitate things too for yall )

BLACKOUT AUDIO RADIO SHOW:

Jan 2008 (with Bas Mooy and DJ Brixton):
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/audi...ndDJBrixton.mp3 (right-click, save as!)

Dec 2007 (with DJ 3000 and Felix Kroecher):
http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/audi...lixKroecher.mp3 (right-click, save as!)

Last edited by Jem_hadar on Jan-20-2008 at 17:04

Old Post Jan-20-2008 16:59  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

And, and here is a set listed by Mark EG.

Its really hard to find sets of his, so I was eager to check this one out! Great stuff. So glad to *finally* have a fresh Mark EG set on my computer!!

Banging hard fucked up intense techno!!!

Mark EG - 21 Minutes to Know

quote:

Recently Mark EG was asked to represent the techno for a feature entitled '21 Minutes To Know'. With a little help and advice from the Blackout Audio forum, he managed to fit 21 records into a mix, that eventually chose to focus on the harder side of the genre. He's also interviewed at the end of the mix. Check it out and let us know what you think.

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/audi...nutesToKnow.mp3 (right click, save as)

Old Post Jan-20-2008 17:03  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

HappyHappy

Blacout Audio Radio Show 2 Horr Special: Cristian Varela and D.A.V.E. The Drummer

http://www.blackoutaudio.co.uk/audi...Sept5th2006.mp3 (right-click, save-as)

!!!!

And they did an sweet bio on his too!! VERY NICE!

D.A.V.E.the Drummer has become a name that is now synonymous with techno allover the world. A long standing member of the infamous London based free party crew “The Stay Up Forever Collective,”run by the Liberator DJs, and a regular recording artist on many of the collective's labels, he has proved to be a very important influence on the global techno scene over the last ten years.

DJingand playing live using the latest technology, he has taken his unique sound to many different countries, having become almost a resident of Brasil and regularly visiting other countries such as: South Africa, Japan, Australia, U.S.A., France, Belgium, Spain, Bosnia, Croatia, Venezuela, Canada, who have all enjoyed D.A.V.E.’s exhilarating live shows and seriously funky DJ sets. He has played every possible size of venue, from small clubs to large outdoor events and has always rocked the crowd with his uncanny sense for the right tune at the right time, and his original DJ technique.

Presently, D.A.V.E. A+R’s and runs his own two record labels, “APEX” and “HYDRAULIX,” both of which are managed by the S.U.F. collective and are distributed by Intergroove and Amato respectively. Hydraulix has gone on to achieve much critical acclaim for many of the releases with outstanding attention being received for Hydraulix Number 09, a tune that still sounds fresh today and still gets played all over the world. Apex has had tracks licensed by Carl Cox amongst others and has received strong support from great techno DJs such as: DJ Preach, Misjah, and Stanny Franssen. Support has also come from John Peel, Rob Da Bank, Judge Jules, Chris Liebing, Michael Burkat, Kiddaz Fm, and Eric Sneo for various releases and remixes on a variety of different labels from around the world.

D.A.V.E is continuing to look for fresh ideas and take chances with his label's releases to try to push the sound of techno forward into the future.

Link

Old Post Jan-20-2008 18:43  Canada
Yohan
Champion of Deep&Nu-disco

I don't suppose anyone have any pure techno set by Eddie Halliwell?

Originally posted by chinamon
not true. i say "ugh"
but i am a tranny.

quote:
Originally posted by kotsy
lol colour me retarded

Old Post Jan-20-2008 18:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Yohan Click here to Send Yohan a Private Message Add Yohan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Skipper
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by EvilTree
Where the hell is hard techno on that list?

PS: That Speedy J set from Leeds is bonkers

Sherburne is a minimalist through and through. I'm not surprised.

Old Post Jan-20-2008 22:47  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Skipper Click here to Send Skipper a Private Message Add Skipper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > [tekno time]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (236): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp ID #1 [2004] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMichel de Hey & M.I.R.K.O - 5th Business Day (Nic Fanciulli Remix) [2011]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread