Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Fest 2007 > SKILLS & SPUNDAE present 3rd Annual SF LOVEFEST AFTERPARTY - Saturday, September 29th
Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
72hrpartyanimal
Supreme tranceaddict

Location: West LA, California (where retired party people live)

quote:
Originally posted by gehzumteufel
friends with you = vip?

friends with me = working in the back and missing the show!

Old Post Jul-31-2007 22:07  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for 72hrpartyanimal Click here to Send 72hrpartyanimal a Private Message Add 72hrpartyanimal to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

quote:
Originally posted by fury
VIP is $2000?

You probably want this VIP I take it

Old Post Jul-31-2007 22:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
Originally posted by 72hrpartyanimal
friends with me = working in the back and missing the show!

haha so true. owned.

Old Post Jul-31-2007 22:25  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fury
Supreme tokeaddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
You probably want this VIP I take it

Okay, that's a little better, lol. I'm kinda surprised VIP doesn't have an open bar. That seems to be standard for VIP at massives nowadays.

Old Post Jul-31-2007 22:34  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for fury Click here to Send fury a Private Message Add fury to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
gehzumteufel
In your ass

quote:
Originally posted by fury
Okay, that's a little better, lol. I'm kinda surprised VIP doesn't have an open bar. That seems to be standard for VIP at massives nowadays.

LOL im not. all skills events have an open bucket of soda and water.

Old Post Jul-31-2007 22:46  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for gehzumteufel Click here to Send gehzumteufel a Private Message Add gehzumteufel to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

Wow, VIP is $80 extra for the following:

Info: Enjoy 2 private stages in the main arena with full bar & four corner sound, 2 drink tickets to good for any drink, snacks, laminate, vip access band & more. limited 500 tickets.

My two biggest complaints about last year were waiting in line for 45 minutes at 10 p.m. with a hard ticket, and waiting 30+ minutes in line at the 6 or so bars that were serving something like 10,000 people.

I don't see anything about express entry, so will probably go for the regular (currently $45) ticket then...

Old Post Aug-01-2007 03:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

Damn...I wanna buy these tonight and I can't decide (Pisces here...) Can anyone convince me that VIP is worth it?

Old Post Aug-01-2007 05:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for in2muzikk Click here to Send in2muzikk a Private Message Add in2muzikk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
idoru
You Can Call Me Al

quote:
Originally posted by in2muzikk
Damn...I wanna buy these tonight and I can't decide (Pisces here...) Can anyone convince me that VIP is worth it?

Just avoid it. It wasn't worth it at all last year, and I find that more often than not it's never really worth it.

Old Post Aug-01-2007 05:11 
Click Here to See the Profile for idoru Click here to Send idoru a Private Message Add idoru to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by idoru
Just avoid it. It wasn't worth it at all last year, and I find that more often than not it's never really worth it.

Yeah, that was def the case in 2005 as well, but this year there's a separate VIP bar. I spent at least 2 hours in line for drinks last year, so $60 extra ($80 less 2 free drinks @ $10ea) would eliminate that problem...If there's a separate VIP entrance (that really works), then I'd be sold...

Or, I can keep waiting and then the reg price will go up to almost same as VIP...lol

Old Post Aug-01-2007 05:19  United States
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

I know there are complaints about the VIP line outside at Tiesto, but the VIP stages were MUCH MUCH better this time around. They had their own sound systems and they each had their own bar where the lines were very short (like a one minute wait) compared to the regular bars.

I think more could be done overall, but I think it's obvious that with each event where it's Spundae and SKills and Bill Graham, improvements are trying to be made.

I hope that the waits outside are addressed. Beyond that, maybe work on making sure the view to the DJ is just a tad bit better from the VIP stages (instead of being blocked) and things will be fine.

People talk about the open bar down in LA. Remember the venue holds three times as many people and I doubt the cost of the venue is three times as much. In fact, I bet you the price difference isn't great at all....anyhow, point is I imagine it's WAY easier to recover the costs when offering an open vodka bar down there.

Old Post Aug-01-2007 05:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
in2muzikk
Supreme tranceaddict

ok, for better or worse, I went with the VIP tix. Standing in line forever at the bars last year sucked so much (imagine the slowest fckn line you've ever been in and then think of all the good music you're missing while standing under bright fluorescent lights upstairs), I probably would have paid $100 extra for quick drinks then so I must somehow still be ahead on this...

Old Post Aug-01-2007 07:25  United States
Mecca82
I've seen "The Light"

quote:
Originally posted by rizo
while its great they're having more DJs this also means shorter sets

SHORTER SETS FOR MY J00F???? OHHH NAWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! psy trance always gets the shaft!!!

Old Post Aug-01-2007 15:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mecca82 Click here to Send Mecca82 a Private Message Visit Mecca82's homepage! Add Mecca82 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Archives > Classic old threads / Inactive Forums > San Francisco Love Fest 2007 > SKILLS & SPUNDAE present 3rd Annual SF LOVEFEST AFTERPARTY - Saturday, September 29th
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (15): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread