Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The best and the worst GU's
Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Scoops
4 bags deep

i never realized how many people dislike Sharam's GU: Dubai

[QUOTE=thisisyumpop]I am a Wealth Management Advisor accused of selling and partying on a public forum where the NYPD street crimes and drug units read threads to get info on parties to shut down. This is not some bumblefuck hood, it is very serious. They could get my ip and investigate me over a lie. I could lose my entire career. The people on ta that know this are serious, this is too much[/quote]

Old Post Apr-03-2018 01:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zarathustra
0x40000000

The UNKLE whoring on James Lavelle - Budapest ended it for me.

Favourites include the usual (Sasha GU009, Warren GU024,) but for me Disc 2 of Oakenfold - New York is the ultimate.

Nubreed004 is great too. Anymore love for this sub-series?

Old Post Apr-14-2018 03:41  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for zarathustra Click here to Send zarathustra a Private Message Visit zarathustra's homepage! Add zarathustra to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

quote:
Originally posted by zarathustra
The UNKLE whoring on James Lavelle - Budapest ended it for me.

Favourites include the usual (Sasha GU009, Warren GU024,) but for me Disc 2 of Oakenfold - New York is the ultimate.

Nubreed004 is great too. Anymore love for this sub-series?

New York was my first introduction to the series so I'll always have nostalgia about it. The first disk is really awesome... 'Rescue Me' and 'Water' in particular. And the second disk, you have 'Burning Flame', 'Leaving Planet Earth', 'Air'... so many great memories.

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Apr-17-2018 23:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tetatdo
Senior tranceaddict

Dude!!!! I felt the same way about Digweed's GU. It was the first Digweed I ever heard and to this day I dunno what the hype about Digweed really is..

I agree the same with Nick Warren's.

(Now back in the boring USA )

Old Post Apr-18-2018 04:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for tetatdo Click here to Send tetatdo a Private Message Visit tetatdo's homepage! Add tetatdo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Zak McKracken
to me departures was the best as it sums up the best of the best of the 9 first which was all pretty great.

https://www.discogs.com/Various-Glo...es/release/9514

then as trance became a shame word it all fell together with the exception of 13 which was pretty ok.

That's the one I mentioned earlier!!!!!

It's fucking great - I found it for like 4 quid in my local tower records in 98 and was probably the best value CD I ever bought. I think I still hav it somewhere....

Old Post Apr-18-2018 23:56 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

Yeah Ive got a couple of those sampler mixes in my collection, both for less than five dollars, but they seem pretty unnecessary if youve already heard or own the releases leading up to them.

I think the worst editions might come down to how you feel about their seeming attempts to redefine themselves once it became apparent they lost so much of their hard-earned cred. It was around 2007-2010 that they were rebranding from something a lot less srs bsns and a whole lot more fun, recruiting names like Layo & Bushwacka!, Carl Cox, and Felix Da Housecat, with cover art that noticeably contrasted with the brooding faces of Sasha or Digweed. Even the Afterhours series was at least one half bouncy, flighty electro fun during this time.

Thats not to say they werent still trying to score underground cred by pushing names like Jim Rivers and Roland Klinkenberg, but they looked more intent in being relevant in the overground world, and as far as I can tell, GU was just too much of a relic for it to take with fans of either style.

Old Post Apr-20-2018 00:20  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Kilixpree
Supreme tranceaddict

departures is great, but locations is another level. the best of the "gu side mixes" imo

Old Post Apr-20-2018 00:24  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Kilixpree Click here to Send Kilixpree a Private Message Add Kilixpree to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djnitride
Tiesto played my record

Does anyone else feel like the first disc of GU19 starts out strong, but kinda meanders a bit before finding a solid footing?

This was never close to my favorite Digweed mix.

Old Post Apr-29-2018 19:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for djnitride Click here to Send djnitride a Private Message Add djnitride to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

After years of streaming it from YouTube or wherever, I finally grabbed a physical copy of GU:009 last week, and the first thing I did was edit in the second half of I Dream at the end. Makes that closing straight on the second disc so much more satisfying.

> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]
> Falling Leaves [Deep & Melodic]
> All Night Long: 2018 [Open To Close Set]

Old Post Jul-08-2019 19:04  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
After years of streaming it from YouTube or wherever, I finally grabbed a physical copy of GU:009 last week, and the first thing I did was edit in the second half of I Dream at the end. Makes that closing straight on the second disc so much more satisfying.

LOL, excellent.

Old Post Jul-08-2019 23:03  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > The best and the worst GU's
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (7): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread