Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
Originally posted by spiderpig
This product is not even near complete and you're already saying Fuck you iPad.

Don't try to fool yourself just because you use RIM products. They dropped the ball on this one and everyone knows it.

quote:

BlackBerry Playbook Wins First-Ever Tablet World Series

The San Francisco Giants may have won their first World Series title, but so did the BlackBerry Playbook! Throughout this competition we’ve seen some giants fall, including the Apple iPad. But through it all, this 7-inch tablet fought hard and stood strong against the Steam Elocity A7, the Samsung Galaxy Tab, and then the ExoPC Slate. It swung for the fences and brought all its runners in by bringing home 57 percent of the final vote.

The BlackBerry community showed up in force and we salute you for your diligent voting and support via Twitter and Facebook. Let us know what you think of this tournament and its outcome in the comments section below. And stay tuned to tablets section of our site for the latest news and product reviews.

SOURCE

Looks pretty solid IMO.

* 7" LCD, 1024 x 600, WSVGA, capacitive touch screen with full multi-touch and gesture support
* BlackBerry Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
* Texas Instruments OMAP4430 Processor, Dual Core @ 1GHz
o IVA 3 hardware accelerators enable full HD 1080p, multi-standard video encode/decode
o Faster, higher-quality image and video capture with digital SLR-like imaging up to 20 megapixels
o Dual-core ARM® Cortex -A9 MPCore with Symmetric Multiprocessing (SMP)
o Integrated POWERVR SGX540 graphics accelerator drives 3D gaming and 3D user interfaces
* 1 GB RAM
* Memory: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB versions to be available
* 5300mAh battery
* Dual HD cameras (3 MP front facing, 5 MP rear facing), supports 1080p HD video recording
* Video playback: 1080p HD Video, H.264, MPEG, DivX, WMV
* Audio playback: MP3, AAC, WMA
* HDMI video output
* GPS and Wi-Fi - 802.11 a/b/g/n
* Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR
* Connectors: microHDMI, microUSB, 3.5mm headset port, charging contacts
* Open, flexible application platform with support for WebKit/HTML-5, Adobe Flash Player 10.2, Adobe Mobile AIR, Adobe Reader, POSIX, OpenGL, Java
* Ultra thin and portable:
o Measures 5.1"x7.6"x0.4" (130mm x 193mm x 10mm)
o Weighs less than a pound (approximately 0.9 lb or 400g)

• Ambivalent - R U OK (Kasper is OK Mix)
  • Do Santos - Menina
  • Heartthrob - Baby Kate (Magda's "Where Is My Baby's Daddy" Mix)
  • Danton Eeprom - To The Bone (Jamie Jones Deep Sea Dub Mix)
  • Matt Nordstrom - Lucky Drawls (Mark Brooms No Rave Stab Mix)

Last edited by LightsOut on Apr-14-2011 at 15:42

Old Post Apr-14-2011 15:36  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
spiderpig
Senior tranceaddict

OMG. They won the 2010 Tablet World Series? I can't believe it.

I'm FOR SURE getting a Playbook now.

Old Post Apr-14-2011 15:42  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for spiderpig Click here to Send spiderpig a Private Message Add spiderpig to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

^^^
Not the point. Of course that poll is useless, as most are. But RIM has hardly "dropped the ball" with the playbook.

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Apr-14-2011 15:49  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for LightsOut Click here to Send LightsOut a Private Message Add LightsOut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
spiderpig
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut
^^^
Not the point. Of course that poll is useless, as most are. But RIM has hardly "dropped the ball" with the playbook.

So, 7 months AFTER announcement of product, and STILL missing key functionality at release isn't dropping the ball? Awesome.

Do you think highly touted tech analysts are making shit up when they say the Playbook was rushed and does not feel complete? Doesn't this sound like typical RIM to you? i.e. see Storm series

These guys have a penchant for trying to release cutting edge products and failing.

Why are you Blackberry lovers so blinded by RIM's inability to deliver great products? I guess that's where they've gotten you though. They've gotten you to settle for mediocrity.

Old Post Apr-14-2011 16:07  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for spiderpig Click here to Send spiderpig a Private Message Add spiderpig to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Moral Hazard
Oppressing the 99%

quote:
So, 7 months AFTER announcement of product, and STILL missing key functionality at release isn't dropping the ball?

Kinda like not having cut and paste for couple years; ahem iphone.

quote:
Originally posted by pkcRAISTLIN
lol, i love it when moral feels the need to lay the smack down

Old Post Apr-14-2011 16:18  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Moral Hazard Click here to Send Moral Hazard a Private Message Add Moral Hazard to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
This product is not even near complete and you're already saying Fuck you iPad. LOL. Amazing. The damn thing doesn't even have a NATIVE EMAIL APPLICATION. Have you read the reviews? Everyone is saying this feels like a rushed product.

Don't try to fool yourself just because you use RIM products. They dropped the ball on this one and everyone knows it.

I've used it already... full consumer software on it, it's brilliant!

Wait for the reviews between tonight and Monday once the releases get loose.

quote:
So, 7 months AFTER announcement of product, and STILL missing key functionality at release isn't dropping the ball? Awesome.

Do you think highly touted tech analysts are making shit up when they say the Playbook was rushed and does not feel complete? Doesn't this sound like typical RIM to you? i.e. see Storm series

What is it missing?

And why do I need to wait for, read, or trust someone else's reviews when I can make my own from having the thing in my hands and playing with it? It'is more up to date than any beta versions your "highly touted tech analysts" have/had?

Old Post Apr-14-2011 16:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:

Just because it doesn't have a native email client doesn't mean its lacking functionality. The playbook has numerous advantages over other tablets.

quote:

A lot of "highly touted tech analysts" have also given the playbook favorable reviews. I guess the truth is in what you choose to believe. Yeah the storm wasn't a hit, big deal. The iphone 1 sucked too. Same with Apple tv. What's your point?

quote:

Why are you Blackberry lovers so blinded by RIM's inability to deliver great products? I guess that's where they've gotten you though. They've gotten you to settle for mediocrity.

Why do apple fans always feel the need to take a piss on other companies? I never see blackberry supporters pop into the apple thread and talk shit just for the sake of it. But it happens in here all the time. I think Blackberry develops quality products. Sorry?

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Apr-14-2011 16:20  Germany
spiderpig
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by LightsOut

Why do apple fans always feel the need to take a piss on other companies? I never see blackberry supporters pop into the apple thread and talk shit just for the sake of it. But it happens in here all the time. I think Blackberry develops quality products. Sorry?

Uh...

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X

Fuck you iPad!

Listen man, I was a long time RIM supporter, so I know how you feel. It's like that friend you have that always fucks up, and your other friends always make fun of that person. You always stick up for him, but deep down inside you also think this person is a fuck up but you're too loyal to ever ditch the guy.

Enjoy your Playbook guys!

Old Post Apr-14-2011 16:33  Canada
love_child
TA

Playbook is sweet but takes forever to load webpages

Old Post Apr-14-2011 16:55  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for love_child Click here to Send love_child a Private Message Add love_child to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Dr. Z
edm sux

quote:
This product is not even near complete and you're already saying Fuck you iPad. LOL. Amazing. The damn thing doesn't even have a NATIVE EMAIL APPLICATION. Have you read the reviews? Everyone is saying this feels like a rushed product.

Okay lets be serious about this. If you want email on your tablet then you need internet, (ie. WiFi connection or 3G). If you have internet then you have gmail and hotmail and all the other wonderful web based emails that most of the world uses.

What do you want? Outlook based pull POP email client? Get real. It's 2011. (which you will probably be able to download as an app, for those hardliners)

quote:

Just cuz you said everyone doesn't actually mean everyone. Don't try to pointlessly flame. Go back to engaget.

Old Post Apr-14-2011 17:01  Yugoslavia
Click Here to See the Profile for Dr. Z Click here to Send Dr. Z a Private Message Visit Dr. Z's homepage! Add Dr. Z to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
LightsOut
Antagonist

quote:
spiderpig
It's like that friend you have that always fucks up, and your other friends always make fun of that person. You always stick up for him, but deep down inside you also think this person is a fuck up but you're too loyal to ever ditch the guy.

I LOL'd hard at this. :P
I Actually don't mind Apple. They make a great product. It's just not for me, and a lot of other people feel the same way.

quote:
love_child
Playbook is sweet but takes forever to load webpages

Really? That's odd, when I played around with it I found it to be super fast. I've seen a few side by side comparison videos to the ipad 2 and it seems to render faster as well. It'll be interesting to see the final product..

• Do Santos - Menina

Old Post Apr-14-2011 17:24  Germany
GGM
Supreme houseaddict

Kind of a useless ad but skip to 0:28 and check out the phone. That thing is sweet, so thin..

Last edited by GGM on Apr-14-2011 at 17:52

Old Post Apr-14-2011 17:45  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for GGM Click here to Send GGM a Private Message Add GGM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > The Official TOTA BlackBerry thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (82): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 [57] 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackOther Sample from great unknow track. help. [2005] [3]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAndain - "Make Me" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread