Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 176: It's Brazil Day, hue hue hue br br!!! + Brazilian Elections
Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sand Leaper
Und der Schnee geduldig

quote:
Originally posted by Lira
Brazilian society has also been very critical of affirmative action measures taken in the last 20 years, as they think this is a ploy by leftists to weaken our education. Our policemen lean right. There had been news about dirty tricks long before the election, with Bolsonaro supporters illegally pushing fake news through WhatsApp, and this was some sort of retaliation as the Federal Police assumed the left was "using" universities to spread propaganda before elections, which is illegal (so this may have been the result of incompetence and misinterpretation of the law rather than an evil plot).

Interesting. I guess the question then is whether critical theory/neo-Marxist cultural critique counts as propaganda under Brazilian law. Considering that the literature and syllabi for things like gender studies often amount to ideological tool kits for anti-reactionary activism, it would explain why the government ban hammer is now dropping on academia as a whole.

TA Discord server for music/shitposting is up!

Old Post Nov-06-2018 23:25  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lira
Be a Good One!

quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
I don't know if I even believe that, or if I should take it as a compliment, but conservatives are really just a bunch of reactionaries.

This is precisely what is going on. They're not conservative for the sake of "keeping what worked" in the last few decades and changing what needs tweaking, but they want to throw out the baby with the baby water blowing the tub up.
quote:
Originally posted by wotyzoid
Who the fuck cares if some professor made a comparison that we dont even know the context of?

This is why I can't grasp why this is even an issue.

I studied in a military school for 7 years (something Bolsonaro wants to expand). I then studied in an institution that is taken to be "a den leftists". The approach to different topics was not that different, at all. This is about as bizarre as the gay kit that never made it to classrooms, yet evangelicals are ecstatic Bolsonaro is against it. I couldn't be any more confused.
quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Interesting. I guess the question then is whether critical theory/neo-Marxist cultural critique counts as propaganda under Brazilian law.

Currently, no, but leftists have called Bolsonaro "fascist" so damn often (and with a good reason this time around) that they took down all banners that read "Students against Fascism", "Not Him" and "Marielle Franco Lives" - because it's implied they're against Bolsonaro. The funny thing is that if you take down an anti-fascist banner because it may criticise a certain candidate, but no name is given, it sort of validates the criticism
quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Considering that the literature and syllabi for things like gender studies often amount to ideological tool kits for anti-reactionary activism, it would explain why the government ban hammer is now dropping on academia as a whole.

Exactly! This is what triggered conservatives

Old Post Nov-07-2018 00:30  Brazil
Click Here to See the Profile for Lira Click here to Send Lira a Private Message Visit Lira's homepage! Add Lira to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Friday 176: It's Brazil Day, hue hue hue br br!!! + Brazilian Elections
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 3 4 [5]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread