Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > +Paul van Dyk+ Friday, 5/12/2006 @ Ten15 - San Francisco
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
koroma
Supreme tranceaddict

Be Cool!

Yeah the show when off really well. The crowd was totally into the music, and Iím still envious of the folks that had open bar!!.. I wonder how man drinks can ya suck down with in 5 hours!!

Old Post May-14-2006 20:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for koroma Click here to Send koroma a Private Message Add koroma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diskodave
Supreme tranceaddict

Between my friend and I... we sucked down a total of:

20 pieces of sushi
5 red bulls
2 shots of vodka
5 coronas
3 margaritas
1 long island
1 cran-vodka
5 bottles of water

do the math - VIP totally worth it...

Old Post May-14-2006 21:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diskodave Click here to Send diskodave a Private Message Add diskodave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

quote:
Originally posted by diskodave
Between my friend and I... we sucked down a total of:

20 pieces of sushi
5 red bulls
2 shots of vodka
5 coronas
3 margaritas
1 long island
1 cran-vodka
5 bottles of water

do the math - VIP totally worth it...

Between two people, I deem your taking advantage of an open bar a FAILURE.

Old Post May-14-2006 21:48  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Tangil
The Palatial Cat

yeah shit effort that

Old Post May-15-2006 11:31  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Tangil Click here to Send Tangil a Private Message Add Tangil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diskodave
Supreme tranceaddict

haha.. yeah.. my friend was a girl, she is a light weight, but on my part I think I hit over the value of the $80 ticket... I think the sushi alone would have been $40 total at and sushi bar...

anyways - PVD was amazing.. the crowd wasnt all that bad. The last time PVD was here the crowd was horrible compared to last Friday. I think 1015 is really trying to clean up. A few of my friends saw security busting a few people for selling in the club. Anyways, PVD still amazes me everytime I see him. I am hopeing to see him at Cream in Ibiza, which would be my 5th time seeing him live.

Old Post May-15-2006 17:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diskodave Click here to Send diskodave a Private Message Add diskodave to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
koroma
Supreme tranceaddict

thats what im talking about man.. get your moneies worth.. dont know if i could dance and eat sushi..(lol)

Old Post May-15-2006 17:33 
Click Here to See the Profile for koroma Click here to Send koroma a Private Message Add koroma to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
umes23
BeatAddict

comeon guys... there have to be more people on TA than this who were at 1015.....

reviews pleeeease. track spots, videos, comments on paul's set in comparison to pvd's past 1015 sets etc would be real nice. what did he play that's older and hasn't been heard for a bit... anything? was this just like all his 1015 sets...

thanks.

Old Post May-15-2006 19:26 
Click Here to See the Profile for umes23 Click here to Send umes23 a Private Message Add umes23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DaveT
NEED PERSONAL COPY-EDITOR

Most people avoid 1015 on PvD nights not because we all don't love PvD, but 1015 is usually so damn packed it just makes for a rather unfun experience unless you are completely torn up.

Old Post May-15-2006 19:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DaveT Click here to Send DaveT a Private Message Visit DaveT's homepage! Add DaveT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
umes23
BeatAddict

quote:
Originally posted by DaveT
Most people avoid 1015 on PvD nights not because we all don't love PvD, but 1015 is usually so damn packed it just makes for a rather unfun experience unless you are completely torn up.

yeah i saw pvd there with friends after the love parade last year and it was insaanenely packed so i know just what you're talking about. i'd probably agree with the need to be "completely torn up" in that situation too.

a friend in san fran who loves pvd (civicrydr) said it was too packed, the crowd seemed made up of brand-new other side loving pvd fans, and he wasn't able to have a good time. that probably proves your statement right there... but he left early and i was just wondering if anyone had anything special to say.

i think i'll have to say that 1015's layout sucks because both its rooms are like almost the same size. they can let a ton of people in who should occupy the space on the 'other' dancefloor who will of course be there to squeeze into the main dance floor where paul is playing. it's like two clubs in one place with free access to a ton of heads that should fill up the second club trying to go to the event with 'mr # 1' instead.
if 1015 just had the main room and a very small side room, the legal limits for safety/firehazard etc would be much smaller than the insane number that packs the main dancefloor when paul plays. bad layout

Old Post May-15-2006 19:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for umes23 Click here to Send umes23 a Private Message Add umes23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diskodave
Supreme tranceaddict

I totally agree... they fit the capacity of a 4-5 room club into ONE room... That is what makes it an unpleasent experience... I have been itching to see PVD at club that is layed out out properly, I might have to make a trip to Vegas the next time he is at ICE.. or just see him at Cream in Ibiza.

Personally I have seen PVD every time he has been to 1015 since last Sept... and I believe this set was the best I have seen him spin.

MY HUGE DISAPPOINTMENT: 1015 said they would unveil the new basement when PVD was there... so I went to check it out, and they said it was closed...

Old Post May-15-2006 21:30  United States
dj paranoia
tranceaddict in training

Agreed.

1015 is just too crowded and I ended up getting pissed off at a lot of people rather than enjoying the music.

random songs i remember:

Gustavo Santaolalla - The Wings (G&D Remix)
Max Graham - Automatic Weapon
Randy Katana - In Silence (Txitxarro Mix)
PvD - The Other Side (Deep Dish Other Than This Side Mix)
PvD - Nothing But You (Vandit Club Mix)
The Drill - The Drill

I'll miss the sound system at 1015.

Old Post May-16-2006 00:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dj paranoia Click here to Send dj paranoia a Private Message Add dj paranoia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
R!CH
check signal

i could have gotten in free around 4, but i was not about to deal with the meat market inside that late into the night. since pvd is only booked on big spundae nights, i'll probably catch pvd in la before i do at 1015... vanguard is a much nicer venue for him anyway...

Old Post May-16-2006 01:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for R!CH Click here to Send R!CH a Private Message Add R!CH to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - West Coast / Las Vegas > +Paul van Dyk+ Friday, 5/12/2006 @ Ten15 - San Francisco
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread