Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Sirocco
Parametric Surgeon

quote:
Originally posted by Galapidate
What's the name of that track that was a remix of a tune from the I Love Techno 2003 DVD? (right at the end of Ade Fenton's segment from the vid).

Filter Science - Darkness Falls (Joey Beltram)

Top 5:
1. R-Tem - Voiceless
2. New Order - Jetstream (Tom Neville Remix)
3. Pillow One - Ministry Of Love
4. Pulser - Point of Impact (Mike Koglin Remix)
5. Armin Van Buuren - Shivers (Christian Webber Mix)

Old Post Jun-27-2004 06:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Sirocco Click here to Send Sirocco a Private Message Visit Sirocco's homepage! Add Sirocco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psionic
Dark & Dirty

quote:
Originally posted by Sirocco
Filter Science - Darkness Falls (Joey Beltram)

I need the ID for the tune that comes after that one. PvD played some remix of it :P

Last edited by Psionic on Jun-27-2004 at 09:20

Old Post Jun-27-2004 09:11  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Psionic Click here to Send Psionic a Private Message Add Psionic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Stassi
America's Degenerate

Re: Re: AMazing night

quote:
Originally posted by DJDREO
Should of been around me lol had people asking if you wanted any.

i got some free beers from that :-D

Old Post Jun-27-2004 09:33  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Stassi Click here to Send Stassi a Private Message Visit Stassi's homepage! Add Stassi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
NYCTrancefan
Destination Everywhere!

Re: Re: AMazing night

quote:
Originally posted by NY1004
Schiller Mit Heppner - Leben...I Feel You (PVD Edit)

Schiller is off the hook, I wasn't there but I could only imagine that this tune had the crowd "floating away into the boundaries of imagination" Smack myself for missing PvD this year.

Current fav. Global Experience = Madras

Old Post Jun-27-2004 13:46  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for NYCTrancefan Click here to Send NYCTrancefan a Private Message Visit NYCTrancefan's homepage! Add NYCTrancefan to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Eco
in yo mouf

Re: Re: Re: AMazing night

quote:
Originally posted by NYCTrancefan
Schiller is off the hook, I wasn't there but I could only imagine that this tune had the crowd "floating away into the boundaries of imagination" Smack myself for missing PvD this year.

yea dude, schillers really good... PvD also played his song with HEPPNER, "wir sind wir" (club mix)... which i was going crazy over.... i love that track!!!!

Old Post Jun-27-2004 14:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Eco Click here to Send DJ Eco a Private Message Visit DJ Eco's homepage! Add DJ Eco to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancEyes22
but then there's you..

wow!!! what a night!! liz and i ended up getting to summerstage at 8:00!!! we left baltimore at around 12:30 and were LITERALLY stuck in lincoln tunnel traffic for 1hr 45 mins. 7 damn hr drive when it normally takes 4!!!!

but we got there when it was nice and rainy, thankfully saw brian (vtec) right away to hook up with him and other ta's. got soaked in about 5 mins, but i was totally feelin the rain. liz and i ditched our shoes behind a trashcan and just went barefoot in the park!! waaay better than slippin on my flip flops. the set he played at SS was pretty good, too bad i missed half of it. i think it was better that he played more of his classics at SS and harder stuff at Spirit when the sun went down.

after SS, went back to our friends place and showered/changed...then headed over to spirit at about 12:30. totally feelin the club setup! i thought it was gonna be a lot smaller than that, but for a pvd crowd i actually had a lot of room. i was a little "out of my mind" that night so i can't remember too many of the tracks paul played. oop! BUT i do remember that they were hard and bangin and totally awesome...great buildups, and a LOT of new shit i had never heard.

shout outs to:

liz: you're my best girl, i know you read TA, join FFS!!!!
vlad: you truly are the TA bodyguard. i never knew you were such a sweetie...thanks for taking care of me and liz all night and warding off weird ethnic men who didnt speak english, we love you!!!!
Brian: great seeing you again...you definitely are my boy and i missed you so much! we need to hang out more
ryan (djslantzz): so good to see you and trish again!!!! i missed you guys! and congrats again to SEAN TYAS!! (his brother!)
rachel: FINALLY got to meet you! next time i want to actually hang out where we don't have to scream over each other.
indy: glad we settled the score
daniela: hey girl!!! you looked AMAZING!!! your ass is def hitting up glow when it opens
lee (sandstorm): you aren't such a bad guy after all...so happy to meet ya!!
john and alisa (frost and miss bliss): you guys rock, wish you could have joined us for SS...but there will be other times
joey (bitchboy): again, great meeting you too..and thanks for my present!!!
brianna (sunshine): you and your sweetie patrick are so forking hot together! wish we could have hung out more...
sean tyas: so great to see you again...good luck in germany with your music!!!! say hi to dumonde and cosmic gate for me! and i'm still waiting on that autograph! btw, i was really digging the blonde hair

also great seeing: avikonen, pacha4life and his ATL friend, rachel (holycow), liz (ny1004)--my girl for gettin the ID!!!!, colibri, sot, dirtydave, skytrancegirl, amy and anyone else i saw/met that i forgot!! i love you all though!!!! you helped make this an incredible nyc trip

SAL!!! how in the hell did we miss each other AGAIN!! i looked all over for you, but could not find ya. and at summerstage i was standing right next to john, alisa, vlad, brian, rachel and all them. hope you had a good time hunni but i missed meeting you...
also missed meeting bubblerave, dr86, eyesofextacy...

aight ya'll, my butt has got to get back to reality and start studying again. oh yes, one more thing...

does anyone know the song PVD played right before Ride?? it went something with female vocals about the sun and the moon and the stars??? please help, it was sooo good!!!! thanks!!!!

Old Post Jun-27-2004 17:14  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by trancEyes22
vlad: you truly are the TA bodyguard. i never knew you were such a sweetie...thanks for taking care of me and liz all night and warding off weird ethnic men who didnt speak english, we love you!!!!

Anytime.

quote:
Originally posted by Coup
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-27-2004 17:19  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vlad
Supreme tranceaddict

For those of you that are still looking for the track from the video MVI_0977, the track is:

Spoiled - All I Know (D. Ramirez Old School Remix)

quote:
Originally posted by Coup
Vlad wins.
Flawless victory.

Old Post Jun-27-2004 17:48  Ukraine
Click Here to See the Profile for Vlad Click here to Send Vlad a Private Message Add Vlad to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Enervate
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Huh?

.. are you on crack?

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Am I the only one who left disapointed with SS???

Ok, can't blaim rain on PvD but what the f*ck was up with all the hard sh!t? I mean I like it sprinkled here and there but that set was tooooo f-n dark. Speaking of dark, the only "dark" tune I enjoyed was some tune that had "New York" words in it. Otherwise, as someone said earlier, the beginning definitely reminded me of that scene from "Blade" - that was actually cool. But when I got so soaked that my smokes were a ball of wet tobacco, my shoes were like aquarium, and on top of it all I kept getting either poked in the head or face by some jerk off jumping with his umbrella in hand - it just ruined it for me.

I dunno but last year was (IMHO) 10x better and not just because of the weather. I liked Spirit better, especially considering that it was the old Twilo. It brought back a lot of memories seing PvD in the venue that held so much for so many. Sadly, though, the Spirit (Pun intended) wasn't there.

BTW definite positive to the rain was unintentional wet tshirt contest. (No offense meant to the ladeez). Few of the chicks there most definitely enjoyed and exploited the opportunity. Especially one seriously endowed young woman who flashed her seriously massive hootie.

/Perv_autopilot: OFF

My rating for the night would be

SS: 4/10
Spirit: 6/10

I hope Armin makes up for massive techno overload I got this wknd.

Old Post Jun-27-2004 21:28 
Click Here to See the Profile for Enervate Click here to Send Enervate a Private Message Add Enervate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Enervate
Supreme tranceaddict

what about the fact that he played
the prodigy - voodoo people (some crazy remix=)

quote:
Originally posted by FlaMesTriKe
wow i just woke up...what an amazing time last nite. the rain definately made it soooo much better. everyone just going crazy jumping around soaking wet the whole time, it was great. by far the most fun ive had at an event in a LONG time. even with my ankle that i sprained thursday nite playin bball that is now like twice the size it was lol. definately worth it tho. those lazers were absolutely crazy...i loved when the would put the cone around paul and fill it with smoke. the whole atmosphere was just amazing...its gonna be real hard to top this for me.

some tracks i remember hearing in no particular order:
Mike Robbins - are you a freak (marcel woods techtrance mix)
ferry corsten - its time (kai tracid mix)
oceanlab - sattelite (alex oddens flipside vocal mix)
g&m project - sunday afternoon (nu-nrg mix)
cosmic gate - bilingual
pvd - crush (vandit club mix)
Nick Lunn & YOMC pres. Tecno Punx - Energize (Paul van Dyk Re-Edit)
pvd feat. heppner - wir sind wir (pvd club mix)
pvd vs marco v - for a revolt
katana - in silence (txitarro mix)
Kay D Smith & Marc Tall pres. Passive Resistance - Praiseworthy Tunes (Hoipolloi Mix)
things are all starting to mash together now but i think i remember hearing modulation - spirits (slusnik luna mix)

and yea ray that speeding ticket sucked

Old Post Jun-27-2004 21:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for Enervate Click here to Send Enervate a Private Message Add Enervate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Enervate
Supreme tranceaddict

thanks for the pics bud.. they're great

quote:
Originally posted by sandstorm03

http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~lrussell/Pics/ss/MVI_1622.AVI
http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~lrussell/Pics/ss/MVI_1621.AVI
http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~lrussell/Pics/ss/MVI_1623.AVI
http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~lrussell/Pics/ss/MVI_1619.AVI
http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~lrussell/Pics/ss/MVI_1626.AVI
http://www1.coe.neu.edu/~lrussell/Pics/ss/MVI_1627.AVI

paul played strait banging trance...starting to remind of of tiestos old tech trance style, with more "electronic" synths ,quality stuff. And pauls mixing/looping at spirit was fucking mint...

Old Post Jun-27-2004 21:52 
phoenixBEBE
rainbows abound 7-5-13

Location: 2012. Everything changes after this year :) <3 so can't wait.

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Bliss

Oh and John and I DID get up at 6am Saturday and we went hiking for 8hrs... haRdC0rE!!!

wow that is just CRAZINESS but hey its soo cute when couples do stuff together...u guys make a great looking couple no doubt...glad to have finally met u

Old Post Jun-27-2004 21:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for phoenixBEBE Click here to Send phoenixBEBE a Private Message Add phoenixBEBE to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread