Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Armin Van Buuren Roll Call ~ Glow - DC (07-03-04)
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DeRangedMind
Supreme Houseaddict

Well around Dream its really not bad area. Parking around there is not so bad either. Plus theres sometime 2 cops car around the clubs. Oh Metro closes around 3am I think

Old Post Jun-28-2004 19:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DeRangedMind Click here to Send DeRangedMind a Private Message Add DeRangedMind to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kenn014
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Cobra Commander
Well around Dream its really not bad area. Parking around there is not so bad either. Plus theres sometime 2 cops car around the clubs. Oh Metro closes around 3am I think

true.. but reopens at 5ish.

Old Post Jun-28-2004 20:54  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kenn014 Click here to Send kenn014 a Private Message Add kenn014 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
limin_li
Asian Mafioso Nerdbot

Limin +2 Guest.

WAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Old Post Jun-29-2004 02:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for limin_li Click here to Send limin_li a Private Message Add limin_li to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swifftly
tranceaddict in training

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Game+Watch
what to expect from the new Glow? I don't know much about it, being from the NYC area and all. Can the NYC people who have been there give me something to compare it to (Avalon, Roxy, Arc)... What's the crowd like? Pretty laid back or a bunch of assholes? How's teh venue, is it fancy and overly pretentious? Small or large? Lots of dancing room? Is it 400 degrees with no ventilation like Avalon NYC :P Good view of the DJ? The dress code doesn't seem too pretentious (except I don't know how they define "baggy"), one of my biggest problems with Avalon was their arcane dress code.

Also, what would be the best way to get there? Take a car or the Metro? I'm gonna be staying at a hotel in Arlington (Quality Hotels, Arlington), supposedly it's 2 blocks from a Metro stop. But I also hear that DC isn't exactly the safest city, especially compared to NYC, and Glow isn't in the best of areas.

Dream itself isn't anything like Avalon or Roxy - it's more like Plaid/Spa. Dream is as fancy and pretentious as its clientel - but i'm sure it'll be different upstairs with the rest of AVB's fans! The loft itself is technically outside so there's not much temp control (sux if it's boiling hot or freezing cold outside). I didn't think the area was big either so i'm wondering how "intimate" this is going to be - it's tiny compared to insomnia and nation. the dj's usually up on a loft/balcony - but nothing too up high and far away.

As for getting there I'd say drive go early to find a spot close to the club or go ahead and pay the 10/15 bucks to park in a lot (there's one right in front of the club). I wouldn't park too far way - this isn't the best neighborhood and you'll see what i mean. There's no METRO close by and again the neighborhood; the club is basically the only thing in the area. also by the time Armin's done spinning metro would be closed! you could also take a cab but from Arlington it's gonna cost you bank (dc cabs cost you an arm, a leg, and more) but it might be free if it's considered part of 4th of july - ask your hotel - dc does free sober cab rides from a bar/club to a house/hotel.

Hope this helped - see you there!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 04:37  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Swifftly Click here to Send Swifftly a Private Message Add Swifftly to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancEyes22
but then there's you..

BUMP!!! see you there folks...i will be in attendance with liz, joel, sean TYAS, and any other fool

Old Post Jun-30-2004 03:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

quote:
Originally posted by trancEyes22
BUMP!!! see you there folks...i will be in attendance with liz, joel, sean TYAS, and any other fool

!!!!!!! See you there.

Old Post Jun-30-2004 04:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancEyes22
but then there's you..

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
!!!!!!! See you there.

this time i will actually be able to move!

ps drugs are bad...mmmmkay?????

Old Post Jun-30-2004 04:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

quote:
Originally posted by trancEyes22
this time i will actually be able to move!

ps drugs are bad...mmmmkay?????

Well I guess me and you are bad.

Old Post Jun-30-2004 04:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
avikonen
+=+=+=+=+=+=+

Armin!

Hey Brian!

Armin is one of my favorite trance djs. But I will see him in Central Park in August

Old Post Jun-30-2004 05:07 
Click Here to See the Profile for avikonen Click here to Send avikonen a Private Message Add avikonen to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancEyes22
but then there's you..

Hello! Re: Armin!

quote:
Originally posted by avikonen
Hey Brian!

Armin is one of my favorite trance djs. But I will see him in Central Park in August

say hi to me too!!! sorry i didnt get a chance to see bye to ya hunni!!!

Old Post Jun-30-2004 05:09  United States
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

BUMP

Old Post Jul-01-2004 02:44  United States
limin_li
Asian Mafioso Nerdbot

where is the after party going to take place?

Old Post Jul-01-2004 06:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for limin_li Click here to Send limin_li a Private Message Add limin_li to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Armin Van Buuren Roll Call ~ Glow - DC (07-03-04)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread