Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Another mix of squeeks, bleeps, a dash of melody, and a heap of beats.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
fr0st
Supreme tranceaddict

Another mix of squeeks, bleeps, a dash of melody, and a heap of beats.

Alex Smoke - Ok
Alex Smoke - Ok(Smoke's Indifferent Mix)
AN2 - Midnight Radio
Adam Kroll - Sir Lancelot Und Der Todesritt
Sharon Philips - Want2 Need2(Trentemoller Remix)
Julio Torrez - Biruta(Greg Churchill Mix)
Silver City - Shiver(Ewan Pearson Remix)

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD.

John,

PS: Some really nice melodies hidden in the mix.....

Last edited by fr0st on Aug-07-2005 at 08:52

Old Post Aug-07-2005 07:38  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for fr0st Click here to Send fr0st a Private Message Add fr0st to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sym
Time for Revolution

Downloadinggggg

Edit: Really digging this. Great Stuff. Up to the 13:00 minute mark and lovin every second.

Last edited by sym on Aug-07-2005 at 09:32

Old Post Aug-07-2005 09:03  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sym Click here to Send sym a Private Message Add sym to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

downloaded - listening now

**edit1**
15min coming in really nice!

props on the mix

**edit2**
35min - nice bassline nice beat!!

Last edited by EarnYourKeep on Aug-07-2005 at 15:09

Old Post Aug-07-2005 14:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
kadomony
FRENCH EXPRESS

*luv* alex smoke

Old Post Aug-07-2005 17:40  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kadomony Click here to Send kadomony a Private Message Visit kadomony's homepage! Add kadomony to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fr0st
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone?

I remember back in 99 when i made mix cd's all my friends would ask me when i would do the next "techno" cd. I'd look at them *sigh* and state that it was "trance" and that "techno" is a much harder genre.. Today I make a mix cd and noone cares about it. If your not tiesto, sasha, digweed, noone really cares.

The scene today is something I am very unfamiliar with, and i do not like at all. It has become nothing more than a popularity contest of who knows who, who can get vip, and who has the best drugs. When it stopped being about the music, I dont know. But as i get older it really takes more for me to go out and enjoy myself often having to indulge myself in drugs or alchohol to have a good time. I am not saying drugs are not a part of the scene as they helped mold the scene, but today a greater weight is put on drugs or alchohol to have a good time.

I really do enjoy music for whats its worth. I just wish everyone else would enjoy music rather than whose name is attached to it.

I fear my time as a member to this community is gradually coming to a end. And I believe it is time to let another generation of clubbers take over as i do not know what "the scene" is anymore.

"What is music...... its a unfolding of the developement of our consciousness using sound as the media"
~Bob Moog

Last edited by fr0st on Aug-08-2005 at 18:47

Old Post Aug-08-2005 18:29  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for fr0st Click here to Send fr0st a Private Message Add fr0st to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Shamez214
Chasing the Cool

This was way too bloopity bleepity for me. I thought you said youre next mix was gonna be straight breaks? You lied, bitch!

i'd pay any price just to get that back.

Old Post Aug-08-2005 19:18 
Click Here to See the Profile for Shamez214 Click here to Send Shamez214 a Private Message Visit Shamez214's homepage! Add Shamez214 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fr0st
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Shamez214
This was way too bloopity bleepity for me. I thought you said youre next mix was gonna be straight breaks? You lied, bitch!

I also said it was gonna be full of edits... reworking tracks is no easy task i want the breaks mix to be special...

Old Post Aug-08-2005 19:36  Israel
Zack Roth
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by fr0st
Anyone?

I remember back in 99 when i made mix cd's all my friends would ask me when i would do the next "techno" cd. I'd look at them *sigh* and state that it was "trance" and that "techno" is a much harder genre.. Today I make a mix cd and noone cares about it. If your not tiesto, sasha, digweed, noone really cares.

The scene today is something I am very unfamiliar with, and i do not like at all. It has become nothing more than a popularity contest of who knows who, who can get vip, and who has the best drugs. When it stopped being about the music, I dont know. But as i get older it really takes more for me to go out and enjoy myself often having to indulge myself in drugs or alchohol to have a good time. I am not saying drugs are not a part of the scene as they helped mold the scene, but today a greater weight is put on drugs or alchohol to have a good time.

I really do enjoy music for whats its worth. I just wish everyone else would enjoy music rather than whose name is attached to it.

I fear my time as a member to this community is gradually coming to a end. And I believe it is time to let another generation of clubbers take over as i do not know what "the scene" is anymore.

"What is music...... its a unfolding of the developement of our consciousness using sound as the media"
~Bob Moog

can't say I agree with you at all. You're done with this scene because your non-trance mix didn't get enough reviews and comments on tranceaddict? What were you epecting?

And I think a lot of people in the scene care about a shit load more djs than just the big ones you named. In fact, the longer I have personally been in the scene, the less I care about the big names and I think that goes for a lot of people, especially on here.

Nowadays everyone is trying ot get people to listen to their mixes online. Whatever happened to just making mixes because you love to do it? If you can't get people to listen to them you're done with it? idk, I 'll say this...the last two mixes you have posted have actually looked pretty interesting, but I just don't care enough to sit here and wait for it to download. I'd be interested in hearing it if were given to me on a cd, but its 2005, and anyone can go download software and get a mix online.

This wasn't meant to be a stab at you by any means...I just read your post and it struck me as a little off.

Old Post Aug-08-2005 22:45 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zack Roth Click here to Send Zack Roth a Private Message Visit Zack Roth's homepage! Add Zack Roth to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fr0st
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by zizack
can't say I agree with you at all. You're done with this scene because your non-trance mix didn't get enough reviews and comments on tranceaddict? What were you epecting?

And I think a lot of people in the scene care about a shit load more djs than just the big ones you named. In fact, the longer I have personally been in the scene, the less I care about the big names and I think that goes for a lot of people, especially on here.

Nowadays everyone is trying ot get people to listen to their mixes online. Whatever happened to just making mixes because you love to do it? If you can't get people to listen to them you're done with it? idk, I 'll say this...the last two mixes you have posted have actually looked pretty interesting, but I just don't care enough to sit here and wait for it to download. I'd be interested in hearing it if were given to me on a cd, but its 2005, and anyone can go download software and get a mix online.

This wasn't meant to be a stab at you by any means...I just read your post and it struck me as a little off.

My post has nothing to do with the mix as i just posted it yesterday, it has everything to do with my feelings towards the current state of everything. And rather than make a seperate thread i decided to post it here. As for people listening to lesser known dj's that is bullshit. I go to events of lesser known dj's and l the turn out normaly is under, way under what it could be.

Old Post Aug-08-2005 22:50  Israel
Miss Bliss
DERELICTS & DEGENERATES

Baby,
Your mix was better than 1/2 the DJ's at Dance Valley... and listening to it in France makes it sound all that more special.

Old Post Aug-08-2005 22:52  Switzerland
Click Here to See the Profile for Miss Bliss Click here to Send Miss Bliss a Private Message Add Miss Bliss to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sym
Time for Revolution

quote:
Originally posted by fr0st
Anyone?

~Bob Moog

The fact is that nowadays no one cares. It really is a shame. I see so many unkown DJ's who can easily spin with the big jocks and hold their own, but they don't get anywhere. Why? It's because it seems its more about who you know than how good you are. You could be the best DJ there is, but unless you have the right connections, odds are you aren't going anywhere. And that is the sad truth. And on tranceaddict it is even worse. You figure here you would find genuine music lovers who take the time to listen to unheard DJs and give them a shot. But most do not. Just look at the DJ Promotion forum. Many mixes go by with only 1 reply or none at all. Of course there is alot of material in there for everything to get a listen, but you can tell by the tracklist generally if you will like it or not.

I guess I'm just bitching now, but for what it's worth I genuinely enjoyed your mix and it inspired me to do a new one of my own, and I'll be putting it up later tonight or tommorow.

Old Post Aug-08-2005 23:37  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for sym Click here to Send sym a Private Message Add sym to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fr0st
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by sym
The fact is that nowadays no one cares. It really is a shame. I see so many unkown DJ's who can easily spin with the big jocks and hold their own, but they don't get anywhere. Why? It's because it seems its more about who you know than how good you are. You could be the best DJ there is, but unless you have the right connections, odds are you aren't going anywhere. And that is the sad truth. And on tranceaddict it is even worse. You figure here you would find genuine music lovers who take the time to listen to unheard DJs and give them a shot. But most do not. Just look at the DJ Promotion forum. Many mixes go by with only 1 reply or none at all. Of course there is alot of material in there for everything to get a listen, but you can tell by the tracklist generally if you will like it or not.

I guess I'm just bitching now, but for what it's worth I genuinely enjoyed your mix and it inspired me to do a new one of my own, and I'll be putting it up later tonight or tommorow.

thanks man hit me up with a link... Another think that pissed me off in the dj forum. I ask why noone replied and called them a bunch of twats, once i called them that they replied. They said I have to post more feedback to recieve more feedback... BULLSHIT... I didnt dl anyones mix and those that i did dl i replied to with tips etc... My mix at about60 downloads, soo i know people dl'ed it, but opted not to post anything..

We live in a take take take take world... And this has spilled over into what we had left of a scene..

Old Post Aug-08-2005 23:41  Israel

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Another mix of squeeks, bleeps, a dash of melody, and a heap of beats.
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread