Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Workout Thread 5?
Pages (36): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Workout Thread 5?

So what happened, people? A year or two back we used to have a whole bunch of C0R denizens enthusiastically posting about their workouts, and arguing about the nutritional benefits of eggs. Nowadays, nobody mentions lifting a dumbell or going for a jog even in passing. Did everyone just stop giving a shit about their health all at once? Or did you all just get bored of talking about it?

For me, it all fell apart last summer when I moved house. There was no room in the new place to set up my weights so I had to give them up, and I moved from an area full of gorgeous parkland to a dull and aimless scrawl of streets and shops, which (along with starting a new job) killed off my running. I started eating like shit and drinking more heavily, and most of my prized strength, fitness and definition wasted away.

Anyway, I finally got sick of that cloying feeling of unfitness and decided to get back on the wagon. I've just started running again, and I'm pleasantly surprised to discover I'm not a completely unfit slob despite many months of inactivity. My cardio fitness is okay, but what needs improving is leg strength, so I've started off with some short (20-30 minute) hill running sessions to get me past that horrible rubber-leg sensation. I can't wait to get back to the point where I can head out for an hour-long run with some pumping music on.

The weights and shit can come later (I'm doing press-up and pull-up sets as token upper-body routines for now). What's important to me is getting back to that feeling that a day without physical activity is somehow incomplete.

> Rough & Ready [Modern Trance]
>A Different Energy [Good Modern Trance]
> The Edale Mix [Panoramic Beats]

Old Post Oct-25-2012 07:19  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Joss Weatherby
Banned

I did my lift routine tonight, been raining too much to go running (thats a pussy excuse though).

I've lost 20lbs since the start of last month, and thats with out really changing my diet at all. If I seriously reformed my diet I'd be shedding pounds like a mofo... But I love bread.

Old Post Oct-25-2012 07:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I'm somewhat ambivalent about losing weight. On the one hand, I miss being shredded, but if I get my body fat down to around 10% I start to look extremely gaunt in my face: hollow cheeks and sunken eyes. I also cannot be bothered with the whole bulking/cutting routine of gaining muscle, because I'm never going to be strict enough with my lifestyle to do it properly, and I'm too naturally slender to easily gain muscle.

My motivation for getting fit this time round is less to do with how I look and more to do with how I feel.

Old Post Oct-25-2012 07:51  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
djdk
Nutritional Overachiever

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I'm somewhat ambivalent about losing weight. On the one hand, I miss being shredded, but if I get my body fat down to around 10% I start to look extremely gaunt in my face: hollow cheeks and sunken eyes. I also cannot be bothered with the whole bulking/cutting routine of gaining muscle, because I'm never going to be strict enough with my lifestyle to do it properly, and I'm too naturally slender to easily gain muscle.

My motivation for getting fit this time round is less to do with how I look and more to do with how I feel.

Do you ahve any fat to lose?

Dave King - Tales Of The Future [Trance]
Dave King - Personal Classics
MIX ARCHIVE!!!

Old Post Oct-25-2012 08:10  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for djdk Click here to Send djdk a Private Message Visit djdk's homepage! Add djdk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

I actually bought one of these yesterday; http://www.sportsmaster.no/styrke/m...ekkapparat.aspx

So gonna get ripped lol. Or at least get enough muscle mass to help my spine to not subluxate as much as it does now.

Old Post Oct-25-2012 08:25  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Hey cool, this thread is back. Let's hope it will give me some motivation.

I quit beer, and drink wine now. I've lost 8kg over the winter, but I fear my weight loss will plateau in the next 4 months, because it will be too stupidly hot/humid for me to want to go outside unless I'm being paid to do so.

I'd really like to buy a home weights machine setup in the next couple of months though. I have no idea what to get, or even what's reasonably priced :/

Old Post Oct-25-2012 08:36  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by djdk
Do you ahve any fat to lose?

Haha, believe it or not I would have to lose about 10lbs of body fat to bring out my abs. I'm deceptive because I have a naturally slender build and a very lean face, so I can look like a rake without actually having the lithe muscle definition you might expect.

I do wonder if I was just genetically predetermined to be so lean, or if my build partially stems from not eating enough and not doing enough physical activity as a kid.

Old Post Oct-25-2012 08:46  England
Joss Weatherby
Banned

I have a full free weight set that my brother got in high school when he was losing weight and trying to bulk up (he cant gain or retain muscle mass at all though, compared to me who can go from flabby legs to ripped in like 4 weeks of running/lifting).

It's really nice, though I only use the bar for dead lifts since I don't have a spotter. I do dumbbell flys and presses instead, which I guess you don't really need a bench for.

Old Post Oct-25-2012 08:48 
Click Here to See the Profile for Joss Weatherby Click here to Send Joss Weatherby a Private Message Visit Joss Weatherby's homepage! Add Joss Weatherby to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
I'd really like to buy a home weights machine setup in the next couple of months though. I have no idea what to get, or even what's reasonably priced :/

check the link in my post above yours. you can do pretty much all of your body on that one, as long as you've got the right clip-ons. only paid about 670 AUD's for it too. 100kgs of weights came with it..

Old Post Oct-25-2012 10:54  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for itsamemario Click here to Send itsamemario a Private Message Visit itsamemario's homepage! Add itsamemario to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by itsamemario
check the link in my post above yours. you can do pretty much all of your body on that one, as long as you've got the right clip-ons. only paid about 670 AUD's for it too. 100kgs of weights came with it..

It's all in devil-speak! I can't read Norwegian

Chrome translate wasn't too good either :/

I'll check it out though, thanks

Old Post Oct-25-2012 11:10  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
tubularbills
Max Power!

stu you can't go wrong with just plain ol' free weights too. (dumbbells).

the older i get the shittier i feel when working out. i hate running, and i feel like i just can't lift as much anymore. not that i could lift much to begin with, but it just makes me feel like ass.

i'm usually run 1.5 miles 2-3x a week and do random pushups and situps. i'm not in horrible shape, but not in primo shape either. blah

Old Post Oct-25-2012 12:15  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for tubularbills Click here to Send tubularbills a Private Message Add tubularbills to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
itsamemario
Divine Angel

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
It's all in devil-speak! I can't read Norwegian

Chrome translate wasn't too good either :/

I'll check it out though, thanks

The pictures should be in imagespeak, though :P

It's a wall-mounted pulling apparatus? Haha..
Basically you can set the height of where the wire(s) go out, and you can hook up basically anything with a carabiner hook to it, ie belts, rods etc. and there are two wires going out (that can be set to 1-wire mode), so you can do like those exercises that cross country skiers do during the off-season and when it's too rainy to safely roller ski along the road, and about a million other exercises.

Edit: Imagese?

Old Post Oct-25-2012 12:18  Norway

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > Workout Thread 5?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (36): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacknu disco track ID [2015] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackBrainbug - "Nightmare" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread