Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > racism
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Vivid Boy
TA's GodFather

racism

what I can`t stand about racism is that anything you say about a specific culture people deem as racism if you`re white.

How is saying something like asians are good at math, racist?

you would think asians would be proud that they are highly educated compared to North Americans.How is that any way negative? doesnt racism have a certain hatred attached to it or negative connotation?

like if i were to say I fuckin hate asians and their fuckin math bullshit. that maybe a lil racist with a hint of jealousy. I could see me saying all asians have small dicks as being racist or that they cause all car accidents, but saying theyre good at math is a good thing.

I don`t find people saying that italians are good at cooking as racist. Fuck ya we`re good at cooking our food is delicious.

Black people are fast is another one. we`re not saying thats all you can do but if there was a race to the microscopes a black guy would probably beat me there.

In the economic global world we live in where the survival of smaller countries depends on their comparative advantage you would think we would celebrate our differences and what we are good at as separate races.

Society has really twisted as to what racism is and what it isnt.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 05:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vivid Boy Click here to Send Vivid Boy a Private Message Add Vivid Boy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EddieZilker
This is the dance.

Now with extra singles!
my old stuff, not quite up to snuff - but I still dig it - UPDATED 9/23/2012

Old Post Apr-22-2012 05:30  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for EddieZilker Click here to Send EddieZilker a Private Message Visit EddieZilker's homepage! Add EddieZilker to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Positive generalizations can still be racist.

Also, they can sometimes be read as a subtle way of implying something negative. For example, someone could read "Asians are good at math" as code for "Asians are nerdy," and someone could read "blacks are athletic" as code for "black people are only good at physical stuff" or "black people's athletic ability makes up for their low brainpower." Not saying that's what you meant by them, of course.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 05:39  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
infiniteJEST
solipsist sitcom

Racism: the cultural theory pertaining to why blacks win races.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 06:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for infiniteJEST Click here to Send infiniteJEST a Private Message Add infiniteJEST to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
FuzzQi
Senior tranceaddict

I know, it's like "hey that's racist!"

Implying there are no differences between people of different races

Old Post Apr-22-2012 06:18  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for FuzzQi Click here to Send FuzzQi a Private Message Add FuzzQi to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

Old Post Apr-22-2012 06:42  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Desiderata
addiction of duplicities

I can't speak for the rest of the stereotypes but the "Black people are fast" has a lot to do with Eugenics. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

I can explain this stereotype well but I will leave it to Chris Rock

But the subsequent collision of fools...
Well versed in the subtle art of slavery.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 06:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Desiderata Click here to Send Desiderata a Private Message Add Desiderata to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

The Statement that Asians are better at maths than white people is partly a myth. While education in Asian countries have a strong foundation in the Natural sciences, most developed countries still present the work of (white people)Sir Isaac Newton, Gottfried Liebniz, Euler, Lagrange, and Fermat as the foundation of advanced math studies at the college level, GCSE, A-levels, IB, and AP in the US (to name a few). White people have excelled at mathematics since the early greek civilization and even before.

On the other hand, today, Asian countries have developed an efficient system of education (which fits with their population needs) where it is possible to advance quite successfully in the fields of science: the system is mostly comprised of rote-learning schemes and discipline. In the west, we prefer to educate our students to become 'well-rounded' human beings, therefore very little science is enforced as compulsory to complete one's studies in any other given field (most Americans are illiterate in math, partly because they stop learning up to calculus, or even before, they stop at college algebra). In addition, american education cascades the curricula with an array of rubbish classes under the guise of 'liberal arts'. Whilst I happen to strongly disagree with this stance, as I think Americans are wasting their money with nonsense liberal art courses that they don't need, I believe students should have the freedom to pursue any field they wish for.

Fields Medalist winners, mostly comprised of white people.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fields_Medal

Asians are still a minority in said group.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 12:52  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jarvmeister
Building a fire......

Is this statement racist:

White people are whiter than black people.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 13:08 
Click Here to See the Profile for Jarvmeister Click here to Send Jarvmeister a Private Message Add Jarvmeister to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lagrangian
Suspended User

Another thing, as some of you noticed, in the US there is quite a big misunderstanding on what constitutes as real maths. In the US there is a strong bias towards Mechanics (mostly classical); students here will take two years worth of calculus, while in Euope/UK students learn calculus and spend at most only one year doing mechanics (calculus, classical physics, etc).

Now, in China, i've seen curricula were students begin learning Number theory and Group Theory (Real maths) well into their 2nd year of College.

Again, you might see that in certain schools in the US.(Princeton, UCLA, etc ... )

Old Post Apr-22-2012 13:28  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Lagrangian Click here to Send Lagrangian a Private Message Add Lagrangian to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Intellekshual
tranceaddict in training

Don't waste your time justifying yourself, people only hear what they want to hear.

I personally have no prejudice, bias, or discrimination against anyone in particular, I find them all equally untakeable.

Old Post Apr-22-2012 13:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Intellekshual Click here to Send Intellekshual a Private Message Add Intellekshual to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
OrangestO
–30–

Old Post Apr-22-2012 13:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for OrangestO Click here to Send OrangestO a Private Message Add OrangestO to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > racism
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (6): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbacku HAVE to hear this one!! [2002] [5]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAbove & Beyond - World On Fire (Maor Levi Remix) [2008]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread