Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Cobraken
Supreme tranceaddict

All I can say is BAD ASS, both shows were THA SHIT, Thanks for the good times Paul!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 12:43 
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobraken Click here to Send Cobraken a Private Message Add Cobraken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pacha4life
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by PvDOBseSSioN
damn too bad i wont b here for it o well its ok cause il lb seein him on da 7th in ibiza!!!

nice sig

Old Post Jun-29-2004 12:44  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pacha4life Click here to Send pacha4life a Private Message Add pacha4life to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Mikey Mike
Your mum's face

Re: Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by pacha4life
hey he def didn't play uplifting trance...but every time i've seen him spin in nyc..he hasn't i think that's his style in nyc...

Actually it is the complete opposite. He plays far less hard stuff in NYC than most places.

Old Post Jun-29-2004 12:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Mikey Mike Click here to Send DJ Mikey Mike a Private Message Add DJ Mikey Mike to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
pacha4life
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike
Actually it is the complete opposite. He plays far less hard stuff in NYC than most places.

not when i've experienced it 3 times at roxy 1 twilo 1 spriti 1 central park...and then in atlanta, miami, cream amneisa

Old Post Jun-29-2004 12:45  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for pacha4life Click here to Send pacha4life a Private Message Add pacha4life to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cobraken
Supreme tranceaddict

Hey who cares it was great times, did you see paul give me a high five at spirit?

Old Post Jun-29-2004 12:47 
Click Here to See the Profile for Cobraken Click here to Send Cobraken a Private Message Add Cobraken to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Enervate
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Huh?

i completely disagree.. i think for the first time in a looong time, his CP show had a great progression of tracks that made perfect sense, he would tease a song, and come back to it later, he threw 'ferry corsten - its time' as his soft blend track, personally.. i was blown away by the set.

quote:
Originally posted by CynepMeH
Actually, I'm beginning to think that I was the only one there that night that wasn't. I figure if I was wacked out on some drugs, the track selection would have probably made sense to me... As long as I stayed close to the speaker (as many there did) .

I've been chasing that PvD "feeling" since his first time in Roxy or last time in Twilo - and yet to recapture it.

I happen to like more melodic, uplifting, epic trance. I like hard trance sprinkled in between to get the heart going faster and bring about next round of "hands in the air" moments - but I guess I'm just sentimental. Hey, if your thing is hard trance - you got your boat load worth of it. I just didn't feel it. Feel free to convince me how that relates to being on crack?

Hey, I'm glad so many had a good time - I guess the rain didn't help my mood either. I would have probably enjoyed it more if it was not raining.

P.S. This is the last time I'm buying tix online for events like this - what a rip off! I paid almost 50 bux for my tix just to realize that they had plenty of tix at the door for $43 (some even cheaper). That's another subject all together. Ok, back to worshiping PvD

Old Post Jun-29-2004 13:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Enervate Click here to Send Enervate a Private Message Add Enervate to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
vtec junkie
slave to the dark beat

NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK..... ITS THE HOTTEST RECORDS IN NEW YORK!!!!!!! (vids coming soon )

Old Post Jun-29-2004 14:47  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for vtec junkie Click here to Send vtec junkie a Private Message Visit vtec junkie's homepage! Add vtec junkie to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
INDY
all you need is love

quote:
Originally posted by vtec junkie
NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK.....NEW YORK..... ITS THE HOTTEST RECORDS IN NEW YORK!!!!!!! (vids coming soon )

brian you FUCKIN WHORE, PIECE OF SHIT!!!! SEND ME THOSE VIDS NOW!!!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 14:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for INDY Click here to Send INDY a Private Message Add INDY to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

WE WANT VIDS! WE WANT VIDS!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 15:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Cobraken
Supreme tranceaddict

New York is SLAMMIN BABYNEW YORK IS SLAMMIN BABY

Old Post Jun-29-2004 16:23 
umes23
BeatAddict

Re: Re: Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by DJ Mikey Mike

no man, not true at all! remember, the largest chunk of paul van dyk's historical connection with new york city as a DJ still lies in the long extended 8 hour + sets that took place in what was twilo. ask all the old timers that may still be active on this forum, it was never about uplifting trance. this was always less than 50% of what pvd new york sets were all about.... and these sets were not only eclectic but very well programmed, and he would be doing it off of 3 1200s and cd players. but to the main point of all this, the largest portion of techno/hard trance/hard prog. house or anything thats not just some uplifting trance in a paul van dyk set outside of berlin was, has been, and will be in new york. (YES, a few exceptions from this.... but on the most part, it is still true, paul plays differently in new york... and if you wanna tell me these nights when he plays more techno and other shit than anywhere else (berlin aside) is not his hardest, then we've got a problem!
cheers

Old Post Jun-29-2004 17:30 
Click Here to See the Profile for umes23 Click here to Send umes23 a Private Message Add umes23 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
trancEyes22
but then there's you..

Re: Re: Re: Re: PvD and his iBook

quote:
Originally posted by pacha4life
not when i've experienced it 3 times at roxy 1 twilo 1 spriti 1 central park...and then in atlanta, miami, cream amneisa

i definitely agree with you Nik...he ALWAYS bangs it out in NY!

Old Post Jun-29-2004 17:32  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for trancEyes22 Click here to Send trancEyes22 a Private Message Add trancEyes22 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTrAnCeR's...U MuSt ChEck ThIs OuT...ID? [2002] [12]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackRank1 vs Marco V & Benjamin - unreleased promo [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread