Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Deep techno news/mix/release info thread
Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
zeKsg
ZEK

My Journey through music was like this... As a kid I was always exposed to eurodance and pop living in Moscow... In Fall 2007 I went to a rave in MTL with Armin Rank 1 and house djs.. obviously trance blew me away and for a couple of month after that obviously trance was the main thing, eventually slowly going towards the tech trance and proggier sounds..

Early 2008 I was exposed to Lawler with his 2007 Sonica radio set, and Dubfire was the thing as well at that time... Summer 2008 Lawler @ Toronto skybar was what got me into minimal caca. I started getting into it more and more and by the end of 2008 I was into proggy sounds like Zabiela and Sasha and the more techno sounding stuff like Creator...

Was never really too crazy about house, and I don't think I ever will be. Eventually after going to Creators blackout nights for almost 3 years now I have seen a lot of techno djs, live acts, and some cutting edge music... I had tech house phase too but that got boring pretty quicky, when I discovered the Berghain guys...

It was after seeing Tommy four seven in 2009 I started to check out this kind of sound from his angle, and I have been following him ever seen, with his huge album that came out this year.... Man can that guy control 4 decks... better then liebing imo... more creative with efx...

Anyways my point is that I have been through all these phases and it is clear to me that the most interesting stuff lies within how you mix these tracks,what you create , the DJ himself... I believe that with tracks(most of which are tools anyway) by producers you have named as well as new talent in the genre that is appearing here and there I can paint the picture of what I want much clearer then the latter(being simple a to b mixing).

Honestly a few times I am standing on the dancefloor of stereo and some Layo and Bushwacka are playing and I am fkn booored, like most of the tracks sounds similar, theres almost no tension, bass is simple as hell, I yawn, I go home...

/wall of text.

Old Post Jul-27-2011 05:51  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for zeKsg Click here to Send zeKsg a Private Message Add zeKsg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

quote:
Originally posted by sonofbigboss
lol. I was really into Dettman/Fengler/Vanhoesen/PAS/ and the rest of the Bhain/hardwax crew/sound back in 2009. Theres still a few decent tracks coming out at times, and if any of them came here I would probably go see them, but overall, by now the sound is tiring and lacking new ideas. The problem is these guys are too focused on sticking to and upholding a certain aesthetic ppl identify them with, rather than trying to push new boundaries musically and keep things hypnotic [Lucy's excellent LP from this year is an exception to this]. Lets see how you feel in 2 yrs...

And I don't only mean those guys... Yea big guys have been doing it for 20 years, ofcourse their head is pretty stuck into one sound... But theres tons of examples that are 10 times worse (CARLO LIO for example).

So many techno producers... REEKO for example, comes out with ridiculous BOMBS ever once in a while... Lucy you already named i can't get enough of him... Xhin - arrival(lucy remix)

Sigha is coming out with some really nice sounding stuff, Adam named a few good ones too. I mean yea most of it uses similar synths, but the bass patterns are different, and thats what keeps me interested. I can fall asleep to 4 by 4 tech shmeck house...

What about Death Abyss...

tell me this is not a mindblowing track.

Old Post Jul-27-2011 06:00  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for zeKsg Click here to Send zeKsg a Private Message Add zeKsg to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

The key is to open up to a wide variety of techno, and not just stick exclusively to the berghain stuff.

Btw Misha that Parallel EP came out the other day.

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jul-27-2011 14:25  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

quote:
Originally posted by Adam420
The key is to open up to a wide variety of techno, and not just stick exclusively to the berghain stuff.

Btw Misha that Parallel EP came out the other day.

ep by who?

Old Post Jul-27-2011 18:00  Russia
Adam420
Trance Free Since 2003

The Parallel on Balans

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Levels is...decent...damn better than a lot of the shite dominating the charts at the moment. It sounds absolutely nothing like...a billion and one similar tracks in this big-room style. I always had a soft spot.

Old Post Jul-27-2011 18:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Adam420 Click here to Send Adam420 a Private Message Add Adam420 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

sup putos.

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
Oh, preese, so sorree for intorrerance fwum esss russer. He maka fun of you because you tarking in racial stereotype. I aporogize for heem. He not know how behave. Preeze accept aporogee.
Ching chang chow yun fat, Mr. Roboto.

Old Post Jul-27-2011 21:14 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay

sup putos.

Old Post Jul-27-2011 22:32  Russia
Zyklon_Jay
wehrmacht bitches be at!

Location: Ici William Bumbray du service de police de la communauté urbaine de Montréal Esti.

Its the best booking in MTL next weekend

quote:
Originally posted by EddieZilker
Oh, preese, so sorree for intorrerance fwum esss russer. He maka fun of you because you tarking in racial stereotype. I aporogize for heem. He not know how behave. Preeze accept aporogee.
Ching chang chow yun fat, Mr. Roboto.

Old Post Jul-28-2011 00:38 
Click Here to See the Profile for Zyklon_Jay Click here to Send Zyklon_Jay a Private Message Visit Zyklon_Jay's homepage! Add Zyklon_Jay to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

quote:
Originally posted by Zyklon_Jay
Its the best booking in MTL next weekend

DJ crazyhorse?

Old Post Jul-28-2011 00:50  Russia
Marcus007
marrrrkeeesssss

quote:
Originally posted by zeKsg
My Journey through music was like this... As a kid I was always exposed to eurodance and pop living in Moscow... In Fall 2007 I went to a rave in MTL with Armin Rank 1 and house djs.. obviously trance blew me away and for a couple of month after that obviously trance was the main thing, eventually slowly going towards the tech trance and proggier sounds..

Early 2008 I was exposed to Lawler with his 2007 Sonica radio set, and Dubfire was the thing as well at that time... Summer 2008 Lawler @ Toronto skybar was what got me into minimal caca. I started getting into it more and more and by the end of 2008 I was into proggy sounds like Zabiela and Sasha and the more techno sounding stuff like Creator...

Was never really too crazy about house, and I don't think I ever will be. Eventually after going to Creators blackout nights for almost 3 years now I have seen a lot of techno djs, live acts, and some cutting edge music... I had tech house phase too but that got boring pretty quicky, when I discovered the Berghain guys...

It was after seeing Tommy four seven in 2009 I started to check out this kind of sound from his angle, and I have been following him ever seen, with his huge album that came out this year.... Man can that guy control 4 decks... better then liebing imo... more creative with efx...

Anyways my point is that I have been through all these phases and it is clear to me that the most interesting stuff lies within how you mix these tracks,what you create , the DJ himself... I believe that with tracks(most of which are tools anyway) by producers you have named as well as new talent in the genre that is appearing here and there I can paint the picture of what I want much clearer then the latter(being simple a to b mixing).

Honestly a few times I am standing on the dancefloor of stereo and some Layo and Bushwacka are playing and I am fkn booored, like most of the tracks sounds similar, theres almost no tension, bass is simple as hell, I yawn, I go home...

/wall of text.

pretty good post brahhhhh

Old Post Jul-28-2011 01:00  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Marcus007 Click here to Send Marcus007 a Private Message Add Marcus007 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zeKsg
ZEK

I bought this track a while ago, but listening to it again, i realize how awesome it really is, the subtle detail in it... James Ruskin is the bomb, really)))

The break is sooo good...

Old Post Jul-28-2011 15:29  Russia
Monocle
Supreme tranceaddict

/thread

Old Post Jul-29-2011 22:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Monocle Click here to Send Monocle a Private Message Add Monocle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Montreal > Deep techno news/mix/release info thread
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (25): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackAnother techno track from 2004 [2008] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackTransa - "Enervate" [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread