Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.11 Made Event - JOHN DIGWEED + DANNY TENAGLIA + Pleasurekraft + Sleepy & Boo @ Gov. Isla
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
chupa169
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Neonbeats
Just for the record I like Sleepy & Boo and think they play really nice sets. Wouldn't be surprised if the people hating on them are local or bedroom djs who think they can do a better job than they can and are a little jelly.

Being critical of a headlining act is accepted and goes on for pages. But the second someone says they dont like a 'local' act you are a hater and everyone starts crying. Nice one!

Old Post Jul-10-2012 16:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chupa169 Click here to Send chupa169 a Private Message Add chupa169 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by chupa169
Being critical of a headlining act is accepted and goes on for pages. But the second someone says they dont like a 'local' act you are a hater and everyone starts crying. Nice one!

The only difference is headlining DJs are international superstars making millions and local DJs are well, local DJs trying to make a living. I can see if they were shitty people, but sleepy & boo seem really nice and do a lot for the scene. I never said critisizm shouldn't be allowed, but I mean c'mon...what's the point. Are you now saying that people can't critic the critics? Lmao

Old Post Jul-10-2012 17:57  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chupa169
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
The only difference is headlining DJs are international superstars making millions and local DJs are well, local DJs trying to make a living. I can see if they were shitty people, but sleepy & boo seem really nice and do a lot for the scene. I never said critisizm shouldn't be allowed, but I mean c'mon...what's the point. Are you now saying that people can't critic the critics? Lmao

So if you spin and are a nice person you shouldn’t be subjected to criticism, as long as you are djing in the city you live in making under a million dollars?

Old Post Jul-10-2012 18:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for chupa169 Click here to Send chupa169 a Private Message Add chupa169 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Neonbeats
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by chupa169
So if you spin and are a nice person you shouldn’t be subjected to criticism, as long as you are djing in the city you live in making under a million dollars?

I guess you missed the part where I said criticism is allowed. Are you drunk or retarded? I'm going with retarded since you can't grasp the concept of bashing local opening DJs. All I said is I don't mind s&b and wouldn't be surprised if it was bitter less successful local DJs. Deal with it bro.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 20:36  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Neonbeats Click here to Send Neonbeats a Private Message Add Neonbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chupa169
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
I guess you missed the part where I said criticism is allowed. Are you drunk or retarded? I'm going with retarded since you can't grasp the concept of bashing local opening DJs. All I said is I don't mind s&b and wouldn't be surprised if it was bitter less successful local DJs. Deal with it bro.

Sounds like you are the one who is not able to deal with it, bro. I’m not retarded for trying to decode your ramblings. I was making a general point, not just to your post although you fit the mold well, and you start making these boundaries of who can be criticized or not. Let's move on... all is good.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 21:08  United States
Sedna
Supreme tranceaddict

You're all a bunch of fucking whiners.

http://www.soundcloud.com/danielnusdeo

Old Post Jul-10-2012 21:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sedna Click here to Send Sedna a Private Message Visit Sedna's homepage! Add Sedna to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sleepy&boo
Supreme tranceaddict

Chupa169....as in Ian? That's you?

holy smackers!

neonbeats, I appreciate the nice words.

Old Post Jul-10-2012 22:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy&boo Click here to Send sleepy&boo a Private Message Visit sleepy&boo's homepage! Add sleepy&boo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

HOLY FUCK

per DT's facebook, this party just got unreal. HOLY!
AUGUST 11th on Gov Island NYC BABY!

12:30am - 2:00am

Danny Tenaglia

11:00pm - 12:30am

John Digweed

10:00pm - 11:00pm

Gui Boratto

9:00pm - 10:00pm

Umek

8:00pm - 9:00pm

Mark Knight

7:00pm - 8:00pm

Jamie Jones

6:00pm - 7:00pm

Damian Lazarus

5:00pm - 6:00pm

Nicole Moudaber

4:00pm - 5:00pm

16 Bit Lolitas

3:00pm - 4:00pm

what theeeeeeeeeeee fuuuuuuccckk?! that is UNREAL! i know they're only 1 hour sets but that line up is killer! JAMIE JONES?! GUI BORATO?!

2AM closing?! outdoors?

*EDIT* mark knight and moudaber's facebook pages has them in different countries that day. interesting. did DT get drunk and make up a facebook post? lol

Last edited by diabloargentino on Jul-13-2012 at 16:27

Old Post Jul-13-2012 16:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

WAT.

Old Post Jul-13-2012 16:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

now i'm skeptical because DT is quite the character + some of those DJs are supposedly playing in other countries on aug 11. i mean - i would take half of that line up and be happy. but now i'm all hyped on it!

Old Post Jul-13-2012 16:29  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for diabloargentino Click here to Send diabloargentino a Private Message Add diabloargentino to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
violethalo
Supreme tranceaddict

BOO? ANYONE?

Old Post Jul-13-2012 16:38  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for violethalo Click here to Send violethalo a Private Message Add violethalo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
diabloargentino
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by violethalo
BOO? ANYONE?

pleasurekraft is no longer on the DT line up and they're asking on pleasurekraft where we heard that from - so this is looking shaky atm.

Old Post Jul-13-2012 16:46  United States

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > New York City EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.08.11 Made Event - JOHN DIGWEED + DANNY TENAGLIA + Pleasurekraft + Sleepy & Boo @ Gov. Isla
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackU really know this [2006] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackJonas Steur - "Castamara" [2005]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread