Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Worst performance you've seen by a professional DJ?
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Grrrrr
Supreme tranceaddict

Worst performance you've seen by a professional DJ?

For me it has to be Judge Jules at Gatecrasher on boxing day 06. Having seen the judge 3 times before he had been awful once, average once, and pretty good once so I knew it'd be hit or miss as to whether he would be any good this time. As it turns out he managed to pull off the worst set i have ever seen by anyone amateur or professional, it really was that bad. His mixing was awful, without exaggerating almost every mix was a full blown trainwreck, his track selection was awful and the set had no flow what so ever. At one point he even tried a few Eddie Halliwell style tricks that simply didn't work, everyone that was stood around me just stopped dancing and looked at each other with a 'what the fuck' type expression on their faces. It was truly embarrassing and for someone that's been in the business at the highest level for god knows how many years it just wasn't acceptable.

Just to prove how bad he really was http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1umCGltALk

Pete

Old Post Jan-31-2007 17:44  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Grrrrr Click here to Send Grrrrr a Private Message Add Grrrrr to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
sterilis
Sunset Ibiza

for me M.I.K.E (push) i was all hyped up to go and see him at eden (ibiza) last july. i heard so many stories about how good he was. when i went there were a few warm-up djs who imo rocked the place. then came on dave pearce wasnt bad but the warm-up was still playing in my mind. 4 o clock in the morning comes everything waits patiently for him to play starts off with this slow electro shit. everyone gave him about 30 minutes but the set was getting worse. the club had about 2000 people in. no joking by 5am which is the time i left at there were about 150 if even, the whole place walked out in shock.

on the flyer it said gatecrasher classics. never again will i see MI.K.E.

Old Post Jan-31-2007 17:50  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for sterilis Click here to Send sterilis a Private Message Add sterilis to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Scoops
4 bags deep

i could say Jonthan Peters but i won't....I'd have to David Morales

we were so hyped up to hear that he was goin to be playin club in Jersey. Needless to say it was the most boring set i ever heard from anyone. We all know what he is capable of doin in NYC but when he came to Jersey he just flat out suckd. The tracks he was throwing were completely boring and stale. He had the most pathetic look on his face in the dj booth like someone fucked him dog.

Richie Santana's worst day at Deko would have been better then what David Morales threw down that nite

[QUOTE=thisisyumpop]I am a Wealth Management Advisor accused of selling and partying on a public forum where the NYPD street crimes and drug units read threads to get info on parties to shut down. This is not some bumblefuck hood, it is very serious. They could get my ip and investigate me over a lie. I could lose my entire career. The people on ta that know this are serious, this is too much[/quote]

Old Post Jan-31-2007 18:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Scoops Click here to Send Scoops a Private Message Add Scoops to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CooLKiD
Senior tranceaddict

Martin Roth Club Shelter NYC Debut

It wasnt his fault. The sound system just sucked... i prob have a better sound systerm at home than club shelter... my friend who was 10 feets away from me was able to hear what i was saying.. it just sucked that i didint even enjoy one of my favorite djs

Old Post Jan-31-2007 18:06 
Click Here to See the Profile for CooLKiD Click here to Send CooLKiD a Private Message Add CooLKiD to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Mikey Mike
Your mum's face

Tiesto at Gatecrasher Republic some time in 2003 springs to mind. Dog shit.

Old Post Jan-31-2007 18:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Mikey Mike Click here to Send DJ Mikey Mike a Private Message Add DJ Mikey Mike to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RJT
last minute disco

Steve Porter, Porterhouse @ Suite Miami, WMC 2006

I don't think there is any possible way I could respect Steve following this performance. I'd have rather sat through 5 hours of Jonathen Peters tag teaming with Gabriel & Dresden than here 10 minutes of that set again.

Old Post Jan-31-2007 18:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for RJT Click here to Send RJT a Private Message Visit RJT's homepage! Add RJT to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
civicstyle
everybody wants you...

Josh Wink - Barcelona 06-01-2006 (Austin, Texas)

Set was utter shite. Only time I ever walked out on a dj. Just playing shite lounge style music. Nuff said!

Old Post Jan-31-2007 18:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for civicstyle Click here to Send civicstyle a Private Message Add civicstyle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
julien2
HTML is not allowed

Benny Benassi @ Bal en Blanc 2005 followed by Tiesto.

The worst 8 hours of live djing I have ever attended

Old Post Jan-31-2007 18:54  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for julien2 Click here to Send julien2 a Private Message Add julien2 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
david.michael
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Worst performance you've seen by a professional DJ?

Tiesto @ Skye Bar in Columbus, OH, 5-20-06

Mixing wasn't crappy or anything, but his track selection totally bored me to DEATH. First time I ever walked out on a big name early. It also didn't help that the club did not have the capacity for all the people it was letting in, and it was so packed you couldn't even move. People were pushing to get through and generally acting like jerks to get up front and I almost got into like 3 fights, so I just said piss on it and left.

quote:
Originally posted by Grrrrr

Old Post Jan-31-2007 18:58  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for david.michael Click here to Send david.michael a Private Message Visit david.michael's homepage! Add david.michael to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
basd
progression

Christian Smith (from Smith & Selway) & Marco Bailey at I Love Techno 2003.

Boring tracks. Shit mixing. Godawful.

d&b session 20090519
My take on... (various mixes planned, updated when I can be arsed)

Old Post Jan-31-2007 19:00  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for basd Click here to Send basd a Private Message Add basd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue
Someone Changed My Custom

Re: Worst performance you've seen by a professional DJ?

quote:
Originally posted by Grrrrr
For me it has to be Judge Jules at Gatecrasher on boxing day 06. Having seen the judge 3 times before he had been awful once, average once, and pretty good once so I knew it'd be hit or miss as to whether he would be any good this time. As it turns out he managed to pull off the worst set i have ever seen by anyone amateur or professional, it really was that bad. His mixing was awful, without exaggerating almost every mix was a full blown trainwreck, his track selection was awful and the set had no flow what so ever. At one point he even tried a few Eddie Halliwell style tricks that simply didn't work, everyone that was stood around me just stopped dancing and looked at each other with a 'what the fuck' type expression on their faces. It was truly embarrassing and for someone that's been in the business at the highest level for god knows how many years it just wasn't acceptable.

Pete

whoa.. wtf was that all about??

SOUNDCLOUD WEBPAGE (new material and dj mixes semi-regularly updated there)

Old Post Jan-31-2007 19:25  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_Blue Click here to Send Omega_Blue a Private Message Visit Omega_Blue's homepage! Add Omega_Blue to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
montana
dub come save me

darren tate - stockholm 2004. his mixing was decent, but his trackselection was godawful.

Old Post Jan-31-2007 19:26  Syria
Click Here to See the Profile for montana Click here to Send montana a Private Message Visit montana's homepage! Add montana to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > Worst performance you've seen by a professional DJ?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (9): [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread