Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Florida EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.24 [NITE] Paul Van Dyk Evolution Launch Party @ Ice Palace
Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
cl0wnz0r
Caviar , vodka, & pickles

quote:
Originally posted by koky69
Are you joking? When did you start listening to Trance buddy? Because that shit was a joke.

Seems like you misread the new sound part. If you came in expecting a full on trance set like the old days then you definitely went to the wrong party.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 15:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for cl0wnz0r Click here to Send cl0wnz0r a Private Message Add cl0wnz0r to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
snatonsb
I am floating

PVD blew ass cheeks! I can't believe he still did that "Without You" going into a dub step drop, I wanted to puke.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 15:43  Thailand
Click Here to See the Profile for snatonsb Click here to Send snatonsb a Private Message Add snatonsb to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
PatMcGroin
lost

quote:
Originally posted by snatonsb
PVD blew ass cheeks! I can't believe he still did that "Without You" going into a dub step drop, I wanted to puke.

he did that in berlin too. :/ crowd was like wtffff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1ESBpzbOMs

Old Post Mar-26-2012 16:38  Germany
Click Here to See the Profile for PatMcGroin Click here to Send PatMcGroin a Private Message Add PatMcGroin to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
jsweeney51
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by PatMcGroin
he did that in berlin too. :/ crowd was like wtffff. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1ESBpzbOMs

lol, wow that was just plain embarrassing, Pat.

Old Post Mar-26-2012 21:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for jsweeney51 Click here to Send jsweeney51 a Private Message Visit jsweeney51's homepage! Add jsweeney51 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ Simo
Senior tranceaddict

I'm shocked by all the negative comments about PVD's set. In my opinion this was one of the hardest sets I've seen him play in a looooong time; even better than his last set @ Mansion and way better than his "Evloution Launch Party" set in Los Angeles a few months ago. Aside from the dubstep version of "Without You", which I agree needs to be cut out of his sets ASAP, the rest of his track list was just fine. I'd much rather hear a 75% house set that throws down hard over the fluffy garbage that most other trance DJs play. I guess the only thing that disappointed me about this event was Sean Tyas playing only about an hour......

Old Post Mar-26-2012 23:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ Simo Click here to Send DJ Simo a Private Message Add DJ Simo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
av1
Supreme tranceaddict

Let's get this straight. Alot of house does not mean a set is bad. But playing super hard does not necessarily make a set good either.

PVD has been playing alot of house & harder sets in Miami for a while now, and they were all good to varying degrees @ Mansion. He's always at his best when he builds things up and continually finds his way back to a point of critical mass where the entire room reaches a frenzy. But that set on Saturday lacked any structure or progression at all, and at no point did he have the crowd in any sort of all-out frenzy. Anyone can show up, speed shit up to 140 bpm on their little computers & just bang it out like PVD did on Saturday. I've been seeing him for way too long to enjoy a set like that where he just goes through the motions. Face it, he was there to collect another paycheck, plain & simple, cause that's all he did on Saturday night IMO ...

Old Post Mar-26-2012 23:43  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for av1 Click here to Send av1 a Private Message Add av1 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
orTofønChiLd
Everything is crazy

ok pvd sucks now

Old Post Mar-27-2012 00:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for orTofønChiLd Click here to Send orTofønChiLd a Private Message Visit orTofønChiLd's homepage! Add orTofønChiLd to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
koky69
KOKY # FUCKING 1

My bad, I didn't specifically mean to say Trance in an earlier post. I sould have said PVD. And its fine to play house, techno, rock or even tango(for that matter) in a set as long as you make it sound good. I didn't say he did not play any good tracks in the set. I just think he's not even tring when it comes to putting the set together. Because the set was all over the place. The set didn't flow at anytime. I stopped going to see PVD a while ago when I saw him at the house of Blues in Orlando in 2003 I think it was when he played nothing but you for 14 minutes. I think when these DJ's get too rich they just stop trying. Another problem with Trance fans today is that they are stuck on DJ's like PVD even when they are obviously washed up and don't give the newer generation of Trance dj's a chance to make it big and bring us quality sets live. Instead of the bubble gum music I heard most the other night.

Dr.Seuss

[IMG.]http://www.forward-now.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/DJ-Trump-SpiningFat-1024x796.jpg[/IMG]

Signature is way bigger than allowed. Please resize it or contact a moderator for more information on how to make it less yuge.

Old Post Mar-27-2012 14:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for koky69 Click here to Send koky69 a Private Message Add koky69 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
koky69
KOKY # FUCKING 1

quote:
Originally posted by av1
Let's get this straight. Alot of house does not mean a set is bad. But playing super hard does not necessarily make a set good either.

PVD has been playing alot of house & harder sets in Miami for a while now, and they were all good to varying degrees @ Mansion. He's always at his best when he builds things up and continually finds his way back to a point of critical mass where the entire room reaches a frenzy. But that set on Saturday lacked any structure or progression at all, and at no point did he have the crowd in any sort of all-out frenzy. Anyone can show up, speed shit up to 140 bpm on their little computers & just bang it out like PVD did on Saturday. I've been seeing him for way too long to enjoy a set like that where he just goes through the motions. Face it, he was there to collect another paycheck, plain & simple, cause that's all he did on Saturday night IMO ...
good post

Dr.Seuss

[IMG.]http://www.forward-now.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/DJ-Trump-SpiningFat-1024x796.jpg[/IMG]

Signature is way bigger than allowed. Please resize it or contact a moderator for more information on how to make it less yuge.

Old Post Mar-27-2012 14:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for koky69 Click here to Send koky69 a Private Message Add koky69 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DisBejS
Senior tranceaddict

i miss when PVD used to have variety in his sets. trance/house/techno progression. that set may have been good if it was 1 hour festival set but not at that club..

plus that venue sucked ass.

Old Post Mar-27-2012 15:52  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for DisBejS Click here to Send DisBejS a Private Message Add DisBejS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
civicstyle
everybody wants you...

I enjoyed it. But then again, I was sauced from the bartender...

Old Post Mar-27-2012 19:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for civicstyle Click here to Send civicstyle a Private Message Add civicstyle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bltzkrieg09
Blitz

I thought PVD set was incredible, thats my opinion! Everyone in my group thought the same. Everyone has their own opinion...so thats cool.

I felt bad for Austin Leeds and CG, the sound was horrible during their sets...you could barely hear the vocals and it was too bassy making any sort of attempt to lift the crowd impossible. You could tell that they were frustrated and not into because the sound crew kept the sound lower. Now, when PVD hit the decks all of a sudden the sound was 10x better. In fact, I thought the sound was better than Space (Main Room) and Mansion.

PVD also was a lot more active than usual and actually smiled often. Great night for me and my TA crew.

Old Post Mar-27-2012 21:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for bltzkrieg09 Click here to Send bltzkrieg09 a Private Message Add bltzkrieg09 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - Florida > Florida EDM Event Listings > Past Events > 2012.03.24 [NITE] Paul Van Dyk Evolution Launch Party @ Ice Palace
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (17): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackHelp ID this please [2003] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackGolden Girls - "Kinetic" [2007]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread