Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Ziptnf - Nightmare Demon [dark progressive psytrance]
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
ziptnf
Programming your future

Ziptnf - Nightmare Demon [dark progressive psytrance]

Just in time for Halloween, I bring you a mix loaded with some serious weaponry. This one packs a heavy punch, featuring some extremely dark and scary tracks. Be prepared for monstrous basslines, creepy atmospheres, and high quality dark progressive psytrance.

Tracklist in black below:

Kromagon - Maximal Degressive [Zenon]
Flicker Light - Mental Evolution [Maia Brasil]
Wizack Twizack - Lejon [Ovnimoon]
Metahumanizer - Non Synthesized [B.A.B.A]
The Funk Lab - Bright Lights (Dragon Remix) [Funk Lab]
Mental Immersion - The Suffering Soul [1 Single Label]
Darkol Trinity - Mental Telepathy [Kaleidoscopic Earth]
Attik - Tonika [Solar Tech]
Sancho Pancho - Secrets [Prog On]
The Riddler - Eleven (Lyctum Remix) [TesseracTstudio]
Freegen - Perfect Organism [Tandava]

Ziptnf - Nightmare Demon (1:11:29) 164MB ~320kbps

Image credit to: http://thebastardson.deviantart.com/

Enjoy!

Edit: I should mention that the recommended listening for this mix is in a dark room with quality headphones or speakers with a subwoofer (provided you don't live in an apartment complex). If you don't have anything that can supply the bass, the mix will have no power to it. Listen to it loud and with the bass turned up.

Set Archive | TA DJ Challenge

Last edited by ziptnf on Oct-31-2014 at 16:12

Old Post Oct-31-2014 16:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

Nice! Are the first 30 minutes going to be absolutely blinding again?

The infamous Rojam ID. 14 years, 9 months and counting...

Old Post Oct-31-2014 23:07  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for fbgdavidson Click here to Send fbgdavidson a Private Message Add fbgdavidson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Heh. You tell me! I think it was pretty solid start to finish.

Old Post Nov-01-2014 00:10 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Heh. You tell me! I think it was pretty solid start to finish.

Ignore me, I'm just being a dick...especially since I've not listened to it yet. (but I am now)

Old Post Nov-02-2014 00:30  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for fbgdavidson Click here to Send fbgdavidson a Private Message Add fbgdavidson to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
Static Guru

Not my style of music at all, but I'll take a listen tomorrow since the artwork is so amazing.

Old Post Nov-02-2014 12:59  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Thanks for checking it out guys! Not much interest in this one, unfortunately. Maybe not everyone's cup of tea but I hope some people like it.

Old Post Nov-03-2014 20:00 
zDmn
Supreme tranceaddict

I thought this mix was badass. I was definitely in the mood for something this dark.

Old Post Nov-04-2014 00:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for zDmn Click here to Send zDmn a Private Message Add zDmn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
JPaulizle
Suspended User

Will check this out.

Old Post Nov-04-2014 03:21  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for JPaulizle Click here to Send JPaulizle a Private Message Add JPaulizle to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

Gave it a proper listen, Nick....I'll agree with your assessment it's a very solid mix. Not my usual listening style but that driving bassline throughout the 50mins or so is, as you say, pretty wicked.

Gone back to listen to Mech Assassin now

Old Post Nov-04-2014 18:12  United Kingdom
ziptnf
Programming your future

quote:
Originally posted by zDmn
I thought this mix was badass. I was definitely in the mood for something this dark.

Excellent!

I found this to be an interesting niche: Zenon records provides the foundation for a lot of the darker psytekky stuff, but it's oftentimes so minimal. That type of sound focuses on the trippy, gurgly, weird synths and it just plods along like minimal techno.

The sound I was looking for was for gigantic, dark basslines with dark atmospheres and sound structures. I found lots of big basslines (the quality of prog-psy has improved lately!) but the track would be too much like regular progressive psytrance with melodic vibes or slightly happier/full-on sounds. I wanted the really sinister shit.

And while this is very similar to darkpsy (I could call it progressive darkpsy if I wanted), sometimes the speed drowns out the capabilities for seriously heavy basslines. This was the perfect opportunity to get as dark as I could. There are no big hits or bombs in this mix, nothing that really stands out, but the entire thing is just a dark monster and I find that kinda cool I should stop rambling. Thanks for listening!

quote:
Originally posted by JPaulizle
Will check this out.

Enjoy Let me know what you think!

quote:
Originally posted by fbgdavidson
Gave it a proper listen, Nick....I'll agree with your assessment it's a very solid mix. Not my usual listening style but that driving bassline throughout the 50mins or so is, as you say, pretty wicked.

Gone back to listen to Mech Assassin now

Definitely wicked. Glad you went outside of your comfort zone for this! Also glad to hear you enjoying Mech Assassin! I don't remember you posting in that thread. Liking the psybreaks, eh?

Old Post Nov-06-2014 16:13 
fbgdavidson
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by ziptnf
Definitely wicked. Glad you went outside of your comfort zone for this! Also glad to hear you enjoying Mech Assassin! I don't remember you posting in that thread. Liking the psybreaks, eh?

I tossed in a few pennies for my thoughts towards the end of the Mech Assassin thread. It's where my reference to the "first 30min being blinding" came from up this thread.

Really do enjoy that mix, wish I'd latched on to some of your mixes earlier in my TA existence!

Old Post Nov-06-2014 17:11  United Kingdom
ziptnf
Programming your future

Hehe well they are all available for download in my set archive below there's still time!

Old Post Nov-06-2014 18:24 

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > Ziptnf - Nightmare Demon [dark progressive psytrance]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackNeed an ID on this please - Tech House [2010] [0]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackLayo & Bushwacka - Let the Good Times Roll [2002]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread