Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > PACHA...is finally closing
Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
Originally posted by AY STAR
actually DT will be spinning main floor after ingrosso. i would say he will come on around 5 or 6am and just play all day, dont sound too shabby. maybe i will stop in
lauren lane and other dj's will be in pachita
locals will be in the basement

is this confirmed DT is starting at 5/6am? I'm thinking this is more of a sleep in saturday night and start at 7am sunday morning...just like the good old be yourself sunday's

Old Post Jan-15-2016 17:20 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
lol at the airhorn. yea it was cool but some dj's went od with it
that can be annoying as well as when anthony lamont used to speak over the dj.

haha, you got it!
Lamont, exactly.

I thought there would be 2 tickets, like for 1/16, but its only one.
kind of pricey, but last day is ok.
will prob catch a bit of Swedish Yolo....

Old Post Jan-16-2016 03:31  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
is this confirmed DT is starting at 5/6am? I'm thinking this is more of a sleep in saturday night and start at 7am sunday morning...just like the good old be yourself sunday's

yea i would imagine so, i mean think about it how late can ingrosso go? hes a yolo superstar dj, they dont spin more than 3 hours lol

i am sure there will be more info about this party coming this week

Old Post Jan-16-2016 11:09  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

^^^

which one of the three shm yolo's is considered the better spinner?
just curious, though it's not saying much either way.

Old Post Jan-17-2016 00:49  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for CarS Click here to Send CarS a Private Message Add CarS to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darkbeats
tranceaddict in training

So I ended going before 12 for $10 after about a 45 minute wait outside but unfortunately I was not allowed to go to the Body & Soul party as it was considered a separate event. Sorry CarS they did not have any Body & Soul t-shirts left either, I asked. Here's a new Paula Temple mix to make up for it: https://youtu.be/zw8Air8Qpbs

Basically when we got there we were held captive upstairs on the top level that had a dj/live band with electric sax and guitar that was playing some EDM nu-funk shit. After they stopped playing live music it turned into even shittier trap music that sounded like he had a CD player on random. I wasn't a huge fan and a lot of people were pissed we couldn't go downstairs to Body & Soul. Getting downstairs through Pachita was a shitshow as everyone was crammed in that room listening to a hip-hop dj with zero room to move. It was finally at about 2:30 we could go all the way downstairs where there was a warm-up house DJ that played funky set for an hour before Chris finally came on at 3:30. After that it started to finally get good as Chris started heavy and dark and went right to it as usual. It wasn't packed in the beginning as I'm sure a lot people were stuck upstairs or clueless that they finally opened outside staircase.

Chris never let up and sent off the place with a memorable bang. I didn't hear the Pacha horn much either. A decent sized crowd stayed the whole way through. He faked us out a few times between 8:00-9:00 making it seem like he was ending, but he was relentless and kept it going until about 10 if I recall correctly (my phone's battery ended up dying). The disorganized start to the evening was in classic Pacha style, and one can only hope its successor runs things smoother. The crowd was a mixed of horrible and not so horrible but the toilets in the bathrooms were between 5:00-7:00 were pretty much the worst I have ever seen in an business. They eventually mopped up the shit that these animals left everywhere. I will not be returning next week for the final event, and am just happy I got to see Chris for the third time in 2 months and it was better than all the rest.

Good luck if you do decide to go next week.

Last edited by darkbeats on Jan-19-2016 at 00:20

Old Post Jan-19-2016 00:06  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for darkbeats Click here to Send darkbeats a Private Message Add darkbeats to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

friends told me they go to pacha around 330-4am said no much of a line, nothing crazy at security, the only issue was closing the stairs down to main floor which eventually they got down.

i think im gonna do DT early sunday morning, killington run saturday, sleep in, wake up at 6/7am and head there.

Old Post Jan-19-2016 14:27 
Click Here to See the Profile for EarnYourKeep Click here to Send EarnYourKeep a Private Message Visit EarnYourKeep's homepage! Add EarnYourKeep to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
AY STAR
let the music use you up

quote:
Originally posted by EarnYourKeep
friends told me they go to pacha around 330-4am said no much of a line, nothing crazy at security, the only issue was closing the stairs down to main floor which eventually they got down.

i think im gonna do DT early sunday morning, killington run saturday, sleep in, wake up at 6/7am and head there.

i was gonna do it but 80 bucks for pacha?
nah i am good, i will wait till his bday or vinyl reunion

Old Post Jan-19-2016 14:52  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for AY STAR Click here to Send AY STAR a Private Message Add AY STAR to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
EarnYourKeep
LIT

quote:
i was gonna do it but 80 bucks for pacha?
nah i am good, i will wait till his bday or vinyl reunion

seriously? i didn't even look at the price...lol

Old Post Jan-19-2016 16:03 
kingchinc
Captain Closer

quote:
when anthony lamont used to speak over the dj.

dayammmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnn

Old Post Jan-19-2016 19:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kingchinc Click here to Send kingchinc a Private Message Add kingchinc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
CarS
Supreme tranceaddict

darkbeats, thanks fir review.
yup, they didn't disappoint with that effed up beginning.
unbelievable that they'd sucker people in fir 5 hours.
but nice to heat liebing didn't disappoint.
too bad I won't see anyone from Herr there on Sun, seeing the comments.
(bought a 40 tix, which is ok, does cover whole might, so squeeze in a bit of the mess before dt)

Old Post Jan-22-2016 00:13  United States
EarnYourKeep
LIT

i tell you this much, if it snows hard all day saturday, sunday morning is going to be magical if you can get there

Old Post Jan-22-2016 13:57 
kingchinc
Captain Closer

might be hitting up DT, see how my night goes

Old Post Jan-22-2016 14:59  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for kingchinc Click here to Send kingchinc a Private Message Add kingchinc to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > PACHA...is finally closing
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (8): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMoM 1st track on mayday 2007 [2007] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackDJ Shufflemaster - "Geylang" [Subvoice] [2003]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread