Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > 1999 Sets - 11 of them
Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: 1999 Sets - 9 of them

quote:
Originally posted by the-sixth
UPDATE * -- 18th March 2011

Thanks to SushiPunk for the Hosting, all links are now updated

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted some of these on here a long time ago and they got a very good response from people so i decided to post the entire collection up here now.

VOLUME ONE (A tribute to Paul Oakenfold)

Galaxy - Higher Frequency
Mara - Fall From Grace (Indyman Vocal Mix)
Tilt - Children (Tilts Courtyard mix)
Quivver - She does
Indica - Pink Bomb
Resistance D - Feel High
Mox Epoque - I Feel My
Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Humate Mix)
The Auranaut - People want to be needed
Jon vesta - gull
Tekknova - last trip to paradise
chakra - home (Dub mix)
Trouser Enthusiasts - So Long
Planet Perfecto - Bullet in a gun (Saturday mix)
Acension - Someone
Jon Vesta - Substance
Giorgio Moroder - The Chase (Perfecto remix)
AMbassador - The fade (fade mix)
V One - Dead cities
Push - UNiversal Nation
Airwave - Lightspeed
Man with no name - va voom
CM - Dream universe
Groovezone - eisbear
transa - prophase (xcabs one mix)
dawntreder - mission
spectre - spectrum (ylem area 51 mix)
eyekon - firestrom
831 - desfyer (supa kings mix)
lost tribe - gamemaster
arksun - astrodancer (starecase mix)
mystica - bliss
taste xperience - highlander
taste xperience - highlander (ralphie B mix)
silvio ecomo - standing
orbital - nothing left (breeder mix)
evolution - the phoneix (Breeder mix)

When did he oakie ever played these:

Mox Epoque - I Feel My
Schiller - Das Glockenspiel (Humate Mix)
Airwave - Lightspeed
Resistance D - Feel High

In his sets? Have no recollection of it. I do know Tiesto would play them in his sets though.

Old Post Sep-21-2011 22:03 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Simcut
Berlin Addict :)

He has definitely played Das Glockenspiel and Mox Epoque...

Old Post Sep-21-2011 22:21  England
Click Here to See the Profile for Simcut Click here to Send Simcut a Private Message Add Simcut to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lunar Phase 7
Not a Flying Toy.

Genius. Well done!

You know, William Blake said... uh, nothing is lost. Nothing is lost and I... I really believe that, we only move on...

Old Post Sep-21-2011 22:38  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Lunar Phase 7 Click here to Send Lunar Phase 7 a Private Message Add Lunar Phase 7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lunar Phase 7
Not a Flying Toy.

Justr to add, it makes me fucking sick that I was never old enough to attend clubs when this shit was played.

When I first went clubbing I was appalled tbh. Truly shit sounds everywhere.

You know, William Blake said... uh, nothing is lost. Nothing is lost and I... I really believe that, we only move on...

Old Post Sep-21-2011 22:59  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Lunar Phase 7 Click here to Send Lunar Phase 7 a Private Message Add Lunar Phase 7 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lunar Phase 7
Justr to add, it makes me fucking sick that I was never old enough to attend clubs when this shit was played.

Lol, I was

er, actually that should be

At the risk of sounding like a "dad" house twat, and without romanticizing, that period was fucking amazing. 1996 to 1999, I was out at least 2 nights a week, every weekend, in London and even travelled oop north for a few of the bigger events.

Highlights were:

Peach at Camden Palace every fucking weekend (I lived on the same street - waaaaay to easy to get sucked in every Friday). First UK club to bring Ferry over and they really pioneered the Dutch sound before it went so cheesey.

Gatecrasher & MOS at lotherton hall - Every big name DJ you can ever possibly imagine, all in the grounds of a stunning stately manor house, with a full fairground to boot. Dogems have never quite been the same since

Clockwork Ibiza Reunion 1998 - in some fucking massive warehouse near City Airport. over 45 DJ's, all night till 8am and every Genre of EDM you could imagine.

The best:

(1st) creamfields 1998 - PVD, BT, Sahsa, Oakenfold (3hrs), Daft Punk, John Digweed, Way Out West, man With No Name, Slacker, Blue Amazon, Nick Warren, Danny Rampling, Dave Ralph, Paul Bleasdale, Parks & Wilson, Steve lawler, Laurent Garnier (Debut Performance), Green Velvet, Slam, Roger Sanchez, DJ Sneak, Doc Martin, Junior Sanchez, Zdar & Boombass aka “Cassius”, Superdiscount Sound System featuring Etienne de Crecy & Dr D-Sco, Smokin’ Beats, Boris Dlugosh & Boom (Live), Knight Club (Live)Pete Tong, Dave Seaman, Tall Paul, Jusdge Jules, Graeme Park, Guy Ornadel, Paul & Russ (K-Klass)Chemical Brothers, Sonique (first major performance and she was fucking wicked), Roni Size (DJ Set), DJ Krust, DJ Suv, DJ Die, Bryan Gee, Grooverider, Fabio, Jumpin Jack Frost, More Rockers, Andy C, Swift, MC Moose, Onalee, Kitachi (Live), Apish Angel (Graffiti)Last major gig for Tony De Vit, Pete Wardman,......

....fuck, there were at least 40 more big names I could go on to list, but frankly, epic, does not even begin to describe how fucking incredible that night was.

I remember not being able to decide between Oakenfold, PVD or BT as they were all on at similar times.

Makes 99% of the crap I hear these days sound so pale, fake and formulaic, not to mention the clubs.

Old Post Sep-22-2011 02:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Camden Palace

Fuck yes, Camden palace was mega I used to end up there all the time when I lived in London.

Old Post Sep-22-2011 02:45  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
Fuck yes, Camden palace was mega I used to end up there all the time when I lived in London.

DON'T FUCKING LIE!

I used to live on Camden High Street, and had some of the best nights of my life there.

Had so much fun, but it was messy though.

When did you go there?

Old Post Sep-22-2011 05:49 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
DON'T FUCKING LIE!

I used to live on Camden High Street, and had some of the best nights of my life there.

Had so much fun, but it was messy though.

When did you go there?

I started my backpacking travels in London in early '99. Lived in 3 different places in London at various times over the next 3 years. I'm trying to remember the nights I went to there - I don't specifically recall Peach, but I very well could have been there. Was it a Friday night? My memory of some of this nights is sketchy at best The only one I definitely remember was Frantic.

Edit: "Messy" describes my state there pretty damn well, actually

Last edited by Sushipunk on Sep-22-2011 at 06:02

Old Post Sep-22-2011 05:56  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

Ballroom - Passenger (Marc O Tool Remix) must be the worst f*cking shit track ever existed. Can't stand it.

Old Post Sep-29-2011 08:40 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ITM
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
These sets are fucking wicked.

I've been planning to do a mix for about 3 years as a tribute to the club that played the significant part of my clubbing haydays (Peach/the Camden Palace in London) but you've kind of stolen my thunder; The first mix contains about 90% of the tracks that were the staple anthems there (and may of which were actually debuted there). You even mix a bit like the Peach DJ's (Graham Gold, Craig Dimech,Darren Pearce, Dave Lambert, etc).

Thanks for taking the time

Ahh good old Peach

Had so many fantastic nights there in 1999 and 2000... That was the place where my interest in clubbing really took off so it was a special place for me... very friendly atmosphere there and some great music..

Old Post Oct-15-2011 18:10  Sweden
Click Here to See the Profile for ITM Click here to Send ITM a Private Message Add ITM to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Peach crew unite!

Still to this day, the Camden Palace is probably my favorite venue, layout wise. I haven't been there for nearly a decade, and it since became "Koko".

Peach was so much fun. It got a little too messy towards the end of the era (like late 2001) and the wrong people started going and went really downhill. I had some of my best nights there in late 1998 and 1999.

You weren't there for the wedding were you? That was some fucking crazy shit that night.

I remember back in like 1996/7 (whenever it was that it moved from the leisure lounge) and just started at camden - there actually used to be quite a strict dress code - no trainers, no sportswear, no T-shirts - gents had to wear shoes and at least smart club wear, and ladies had to be dressed. I remember my mates getting turned away for not being dressed appropriately...but then again, most of UK clubland was like that in those days.

By 1999 that was mostly gone and by 2002, completely abandoned and it all got a bit pikey in there. Security changed, a bunch of new pushers moved and it all got out of hand.

@Stu - yes, frantic was there from time to time, and so was Sunny Side Up / Mind Over Matter (those nights were fucking hard), and a few other one off events like Whoop, Devine and Clockwork Orange etc.

Back on topic - I swear these sets could have been lifted straight from peach. The pace, the tracks, the energy - even the judge Jules one sounds like one of the nights he guest Dj'd there.

It's funny, I listen very seldom to trance these days (maybe asot once every so often for working out to) and I think it's not even the same music. Everything sounds like it got so dumbed down, simplified (not for the better), uber fluffy, and way less moody and atmospheric - some of these tracks in these sets are so dark and moody. They just sound fucking fantastic on a big system.

I'll stop waffling now.

Old Post Oct-15-2011 20:52 
Takayuki
Muzik Junkie

Smiley DJ

OMFGWTFBBQALLDAY!

MAASSSSIVE THANKS!

This thread needs to have a permanent sticky on the front page!

P.S. - No Oakey tribute is complete without the following:

Skip Raiders - Another Day
Miro - Right By Your Side
Nalin & Kane - Open Your Eyes
Alena - Turn It Around
Salt Tank - Eugina
Nat Monday - Nucleus
Andy Gray, Oakenfold & Osborne - Bunker 1
Mario Piu - Unicorn

Last edited by Takayuki on Oct-24-2011 at 05:33

Old Post Oct-19-2011 04:23  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Takayuki Click here to Send Takayuki a Private Message Add Takayuki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > 1999 Sets - 11 of them
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (10): « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackMartin Roth Shockwave Sessions 29 Sample [2008] [1]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackCicada - "The Things You Say" (Dirty South Remix) [2006]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread