Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > [TA DJ's] Summer Challenge Mix?
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
Let's go big. The challenge is for each DJ to play a 6 hour set. How you would programme a whole night musically if you were booked to play all night long.

This is an interesting idea (I tried my hand at it a few years back, link in my sig...), but people have trouble completing 45 minute mixes lately so I don't think it would work out too well.

As someone in the planning stages of designing my own RPG maker game (with an electronic music focused soundtrack), I really like Nick's idea.

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Jun-30-2018 15:27  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Kein Fan davon

quote:
Let's go big. The challenge is for each DJ to play a 6 hour set. How you would programme a whole night musically if you were booked to play all night long.

Pretty cool idea. I already pretty much did this on a few occasions at the bar gig I had earlier this year (4 hours). Will anyone actually listen to mixes that long, though?

I like the video game idea, too. Already have a Spotify playlist with tunes that could fit.

Old Post Jun-30-2018 21:01  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

Im in. 6hrs long mix might be too much, though.

Old Post Jul-02-2018 21:14  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sand Leaper
Kein Fan davon

Maybe we can compromise by saying 3 to 6 hours, depending on how long you feel like going? 3 hours is still a headline set somewhat out of the norm.

Old Post Jul-04-2018 19:19  Norway
Click Here to See the Profile for Sand Leaper Click here to Send Sand Leaper a Private Message Add Sand Leaper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

quote:

I actually kind of like this idea. I'd probably sign up if the challenge would be this.

Maybe compromise and make it 3-6 hours though, as Sand Leaper suggested.

Old Post Jul-05-2018 00:09  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
ziptnf
Programming your future

Alright awesome. I'll make the thread. I'm not sure if there is total consensus so I'll pop in a straw poll.

Set Archive

Old Post Jul-05-2018 12:09 
Click Here to See the Profile for ziptnf Click here to Send ziptnf a Private Message Visit ziptnf's homepage! Add ziptnf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by Sand Leaper
Maybe we can compromise by saying 3 to 6 hours, depending on how long you feel like going? 3 hours is still a headline set somewhat out of the norm.

Three hours is actually the perfect length for a club set, in my eyes. When I think back to the best sets I've ever heard, the absolute unforgettable classic performances, almost all of them turn out to be three hour headline slots. I always salivate when I see that a DJ is playing 6 hours, or all night long, but in practise most of those marathon sets tend to ramble a little bit, or lack the sustained explosion of a headline slot. Three hours is perfect to build a proper set, but still blow it up without any flab.

> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Rebel Alliance [Tech/Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Jul-05-2018 12:28  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > [TA DJ's] Summer Challenge Mix?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread