Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Mixing and Mastering
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

You're right in some respects (i.e. entirely in the box) but don't forget dance music has breakdowns and the moment you have anything with a recording instrument or a sample, it starts to matter.

The other thing is that it makes no difference to you workflow wise to mix to 0dbfs rather than -6dbfs but one is standardised and uses the full range available and one isn't, so why not? It literally makes no difference in terms of effort but will make a difference to your sound quality.

The larger point is that I'm basically having to tell people not to drive at a constant 10 mph in in a 35mph zone. Sure you'll get there in the end but what's the fucking problem? It's weird that I'm even having to argue this.

Old Post May-15-2018 19:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vector A
Your petrochemical arms

Oh, I agree with you, just wondering how much difference it actually makes in the end. Good point that stuff with more recorded instruments will tend to suffer.

Old Post May-16-2018 09:51  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Vector A Click here to Send Vector A a Private Message Add Vector A to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Vector A
Oh, I agree with you, just wondering how much difference it actually makes in the end. Good point that stuff with more recorded instruments will tend to suffer.

In the grand scheme of things, not a huge amount but there's literally reason not to (other than superstition) and it means your gain staging is correct. Furthermore, if you ever get in a studio environment and do that, everyone there will be like"wtf are you doing?".

It just doesn't make any sense, and unless it was someone like babicz or Vax asking for that, I'd instantly think we got a noob in today.

Old Post May-16-2018 14:37 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Microlab
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Mixing and Mastering

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
stop worrying so much about all that stuff, concentrate your efforts on the actual music

I have actually, now is the time to give a professional spray It's such a shame - I have so many stunning ideas for tracks which I cannot share with the world because they don't have that pro loud sound.

Old Post May-26-2018 17:58  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for Microlab Click here to Send Microlab a Private Message Add Microlab to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Mixing and Mastering

quote:
Originally posted by Microlab
I have actually, now is the time to give a professional spray It's such a shame - I have so many stunning ideas for tracks which I cannot share with the world because they don't have that pro loud sound.

Then don't try. As I said before, we all try to be everything and for some people that just doesn't make sense.

I know people who can't make a track without a session engineer, someone to play the notes for them and a mix engineer to make it all sound nice, but they've had top 10 hits.

If you're more an ideas guy, do that, and have someone else engineer it for you.

Old Post May-30-2018 15:00 
AlphaStarred
-__---__-_-_-_-----_

Re: Re: Re: Mixing and Mastering

quote:

That's ridiculous. If you like making music and want to share it with others, then maybe you should? I don't think any of my tracks have a 'pro' sound to them, honestly, but I still was able to release some and even get paid a bit. I know absolutely nothing about mastering or that 'pro loud sound' you're talking about.

Old Post May-31-2018 06:26  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for AlphaStarred Click here to Send AlphaStarred a Private Message Add AlphaStarred to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
MSZ
deepressive

naw naw, you need at least a setup like this one ---> https://www.facebook.com/therealsim...70291383073522/

or dont even bother producing you peasant.

Old Post May-31-2018 09:43  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for MSZ Click here to Send MSZ a Private Message Add MSZ to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Microlab
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mixing and Mastering

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Then don't try. As I said before, we all try to be everything and for some people that just doesn't make sense.

I know people who can't make a track without a session engineer, someone to play the notes for them and a mix engineer to make it all sound nice, but they've had top 10 hits.

If you're more an ideas guy, do that, and have someone else engineer it for you.

But I wouldn't sleep calmly if I had someone engineer for me... I mean, don't get me wrong, but I grew up being convinced that if you are a pro producer, then you should 100% be involved in your music - from singing your idea on smartphone recorder to getting a proud mastered label-friendly material. I think forums like this one have taught me to be such. And I wouldn't feel complete if someone else design that sound in my head..someone else but not me. I'd be so frustrated about myself.

Old Post Jun-01-2018 19:30  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for Microlab Click here to Send Microlab a Private Message Add Microlab to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Microlab
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mixing and Mastering

quote:
Originally posted by AlphaStarred
That's ridiculous. If you like making music and want to share it with others, then maybe you should? I don't think any of my tracks have a 'pro' sound to them, honestly, but I still was able to release some and even get paid a bit. I know absolutely nothing about mastering or that 'pro loud sound' you're talking about.

That's an almost flat waveform of -6 db RMS that I am talking about

Old Post Jun-01-2018 20:10  Russia
evo8
Virtual Wannabe

quote:
That's an almost flat waveform of -6 db RMS that I am talking about

"almost flat waveform" where did it all go wrong?

Old Post Jun-02-2018 16:17  Ireland
Click Here to See the Profile for evo8 Click here to Send evo8 a Private Message Visit evo8's homepage! Add evo8 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Mixing and Mastering

quote:
Originally posted by evo8
"almost flat waveform" where did it all go wrong?

Compression.

Old Post Jun-05-2018 23:08 
Mel David
Supreme tranceaddict

Anyone tried ZYNAPTIQ INTENSITY AUDIO EFFECTS for mastering?

Old Post Jun-25-2018 21:35  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Mel David Click here to Send Mel David a Private Message Visit Mel David's homepage! Add Mel David to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > Production Studio > Mixing and Mastering
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread