Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > George Rimore pres. Northern Tide - Revelations Podcast [Drum and Bass]
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
zDmn
Supreme tranceaddict

Really enjoyed listening to these while cruzin lately. Your work is much appreciated!

Old Post Jul-06-2018 15:16  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for zDmn Click here to Send zDmn a Private Message Add zDmn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

quote:
Originally posted by zDmn
Really enjoyed listening to these while cruzin lately. Your work is much appreciated!

Many thanks my man!

Old Post Aug-04-2018 01:20  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Revelations 004

Download: Revelations 004

Fluidity - Girl You Know [Unreleased]
Stimpy, Nskul - You're Wrong (Rolfey Remix) [Soul Deep Digital]
Critical Event, Alexvnder - Lovers Hearts [Atmomatix]
Critical Event, Alexvnder, Imba - Perception [Unreleased]
Dualistic - Station Six [Liquicity]
Lenzman, Forren - Never Enough [Metalheadz]
Identified feat. Capsika - Home In Myself (Silence Groove Remix) [Soul Bros.]
Distance - Left Behind [Soul Deep Digital]
Colossus, ALB - Clouded [Complex]
Pluton & Skyer feat. Grimm - Lead Me On [Absys]
Rafau Etamski - Save Me [C]
Rowpieces - Langour [Soul Bros.]
Mage - Fading Away [Kill Inc]
Nelver - City Lights [Galacy]
Logistics - The Trip (2017 Remaster + 2006 Original Mix) [Hospital]
Sampha - Too Much (SpectraSoul Bootleg) [Unreleased]
SODA - Magic World [Liquid Brilliant]
Innaself - Reflections [Silhouette Audio]

Old Post Aug-04-2018 01:21  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for chris1011 Click here to Send chris1011 a Private Message Add chris1011 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've finally listened to the first one this morning. It's a beautiful sunny day so I went for a run and decided to stick it on as the soundtrack. It did add an element of irony to your intro imploring me to "Sit back, relax and enjoy" while I was huffing and puffing up the hill outside my flat. The music synergised very well with the nice weather and leafy green surroundings, though. Very smoothly mixed, as this style should be, and the tunes were uniformly lush.

If there's one thing I missed, it was maybe a little nastiness here and there to spice things up. I enjoy this style, but it can get a little syrrupy in high doses. Still, a very smooth soundtrack to a sunny day, so I can't complain. I was floating around my run in parts.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Aug-04-2018 11:00  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I've finally listened to the first one this morning. It's a beautiful sunny day so I went for a run and decided to stick it on as the soundtrack. It did add an element of irony to your intro imploring me to "Sit back, relax and enjoy" while I was huffing and puffing up the hill outside my flat. The music synergised very well with the nice weather and leafy green surroundings, though. Very smoothly mixed, as this style should be, and the tunes were uniformly lush.

If there's one thing I missed, it was maybe a little nastiness here and there to spice things up. I enjoy this style, but it can get a little syrrupy in high doses. Still, a very smooth soundtrack to a sunny day, so I can't complain. I was floating around my run in parts.

Hehe yeah, not quite a good intro for someone just starting for a run. I don't really like my voice too much so I've gotten rid of the intros starting after the 2nd one. I'll just let the music talk for me instead.

I like to think of this series as sort of my Journey Into The Depths series - both different genres, but at the same time, at the beginning of my series of Journey I was just starting out at getting my music library of progressive ironed out. That's why during the first few episodes of the series, the tracks were a little bit "airy" and "syrrupy", as you put it. As I started to dig deeper and deeper, I think that's where I found a happy medium and was able to have the library to support getting a little bit more darker in the mixes.

That being said, I fully expect this series to go in much the same direction as Journey. I have started gathering tracks that are a bit more "grimier" and am fully planning on interjecting them here and there in future mixes (provided they line up harmonically), to change things up, especially if I plan on going for more than an hour orso of this style. I tend to agree with you, in that I have to take a break from DJing if I go for longer than a couple hours hammering away big huge swooping melodic track one after another.

I appreciate the honesty and it's something I plan on addressing as I move forward. I feel as though I'm not too rushed in putting out a mix in this series so I have more than enough time to tweak the mixes as I go along.

Last edited by chris1011 on Aug-04-2018 at 15:16

Old Post Aug-04-2018 14:21  Canada
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by chris1011
Hehe yeah, not quite a good intro for someone just starting for a run. I don't really like my voice too much so I've gotten rid of the intros starting after the 2nd one. I'll just let the music talk for me instead.

I had the same feeling when I was doing my radio show. I always found it a struggle to sound even remotely natural while talking to a voice recorder by myself.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Aug-05-2018 09:19  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
mphreak
Supreme tranceaddict

I've listened 3/4 of podcasts since last night. I must say that I'm hooked! Haven't listened liquid dnb for a while, so this was quite refreshing

Mixing and flow is on spot, tunes are great and the atmosphere fits perfectly with 35 *C summer time..

Generally speaking, I love listening mixes posted here by forum users. I find them inspiring more than the mixes posted by renowned djs. Imho, this mix series is definitely one of the best mix series posted here recently.

Old Post Aug-06-2018 20:51  Croatia
Click Here to See the Profile for mphreak Click here to Send mphreak a Private Message Add mphreak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Supreme tranceaddict

Hey George whats up..

You got good feed back on this mix, ima give it a whirl on my monitors tonight then come back and tell you what I think, thanks for sharing.

Old Post Aug-06-2018 22:08  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list SynthNinja is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SynthNinja
Supreme tranceaddict

Hey sorry about my tardiness, idk a thing about drum & bass but I know it somewhat difficult to mix although the tunes very lovely and full of warmth Ima have to skip out on this, I dont think I'll be adding anything to the table really.

Old Post Aug-20-2018 23:20  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for SynthNinja Click here to Send SynthNinja a Private Message Add SynthNinja to your buddy list SynthNinja is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

quote:
Originally posted by SYSTEM-J
I had the same feeling when I was doing my radio show. I always found it a struggle to sound even remotely natural while talking to a voice recorder by myself.

Haha yeah, I guess with practice it becomes natural, such as the big radio shows i.e. Transitions, etc. Even then though, I just don't think I have a voice that's destined for radio

quote:
Originally posted by mphreak
I've listened 3/4 of podcasts since last night. I must say that I'm hooked! Haven't listened liquid dnb for a while, so this was quite refreshing

Mixing and flow is on spot, tunes are great and the atmosphere fits perfectly with 35 *C summer time..

Generally speaking, I love listening mixes posted here by forum users. I find them inspiring more than the mixes posted by renowned djs. Imho, this mix series is definitely one of the best mix series posted here recently.

Hey there, firstly thanks so much for the feedback. I know sometimes it can be challenging to listen to other people's mixes, especially with the business of life and what not.

Comments like this are what makes me continue finding joy in making and sharing these mixes.

So thank you again and happy listening

quote:
Originally posted by SynthNinja
Hey sorry about my tardiness, idk a thing about drum & bass but I know it somewhat difficult to mix although the tunes very lovely and full of warmth Ima have to skip out on this, I dont think I'll be adding anything to the table really.

All good man, thanks for the try

Last edited by chris1011 on Sep-14-2018 at 00:32

Old Post Sep-14-2018 00:21  Canada
chris1011
Beep-Beep-Beep

Unfortunately, there are some audio artifacts that made it through this latest recording that I was previously unaware of until listening to the mix after it was uploaded. My computer is giving me a bit of trouble at the moment. I hope it doesn't detract from the mix and if it does, I will happily re-record if needed, just let me know.

Revelations 005

Download: Revelations 005

Poschek - Stellar Dreams [Smooth N Groove]
Jay Dubz - Desolate Heart [Soul Deep Exclusives]
Sam Young (NL) - Prime [Fussy Music]
Qua Rush - I Found Myself [Warm Ears Music]
Lenzman - Waves [The North Quarter]
LQ - Back Home [Influenza Media]
Djah - Questions [Fokuz]
Leniz - Why Waste Time
Pennygiles, Phil Tangent - Lyra [Integral]
Imba, Alexvnder - Absolution [Soulvent]
LowLight - You
Satl & Malaky - I Refuse
Modest Intentions - So Deep
FD - Lost Without [The North Quarter]
Pola & Bryson feat. Loz Contreras - Diamonds Fall [Soulvent]
Nelver - Skyline [Galacy]
Anthony Kasper - Over Under [Fokuz]
Silence Groove - Air Up There (Radicall Remix) [Offworld]
Rizla - Can't Get Enough [RSTLSSNSS]
Stevie Wonder - Part-Time Lover (Makota & Danny Wheeler Remix)

Old Post Sep-14-2018 00:24  Canada

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > George Rimore pres. Northern Tide - Revelations Podcast [Drum and Bass]
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): « 1 [2]  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread