Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::. ** Win a genre, make a mix - Challenge ** .::
Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

If we're swapping genres why not just pick one we feel most content with?

Afraid to Dream EP [Electronic Tree]

Old Post Mar-10-2009 00:11  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

If we're swapping genres we might as well call this thing off...C'mon guys, make the effort. If you weren't down with the idea that you might end up getting ANYTHING then you shouldn't have entered in the first place. There's even one guy that doesn't mix at all that's going to be making the effort of coming up with a deep house set.

It's all about having fun

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Mar-10-2009 00:22 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Omega_Blue
Someone Changed My Custom

i'll show you fun

with a fun french house set

Old Post Mar-10-2009 00:32  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for Omega_Blue Click here to Send Omega_Blue a Private Message Visit Omega_Blue's homepage! Add Omega_Blue to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
woscar
Starstuff

I would have loved to get French House actually. I was actually hoping for either that one, Indie Dance/Nu Disco, or Techno.

My Set Archive - MY BLOG

Old Post Mar-10-2009 00:46 
Click Here to See the Profile for woscar Click here to Send woscar a Private Message Visit woscar's homepage! Add woscar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ivand
look under my location

quote:
Originally posted by Omega_Blue
palm if you wanna switch your german techno for my french house i'm all about it. i've been really, really getting down with certain flavors of techno lately and i was thinking about making a techno mix anyways.

NO SWITCHING!

Old Post Mar-10-2009 02:50  Dominican Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for Ivand Click here to Send Ivand a Private Message Add Ivand to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr Game+Watch
Luka Luka * Night Fever

Man, I'm a bit upset I missed the boat to register... this is a great idea and hope to see it come back, I'm also pretty interested in hearing a lot of the mixes.

Not to mention I think there should have been a 2-step garage as one of the genres

Deep, Tech House Mix - 2016

Sunday Deep House Mix - 2016 *NEW*
8 Hour Marathon Mix
All My Mixes!

Old Post Mar-10-2009 14:05  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr Game+Watch Click here to Send Mr Game+Watch a Private Message Visit Mr Game+Watch's homepage! Add Mr Game+Watch to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

Whoo, I'm ready. The mix will be up tonight or tomorrow morning.

Old Post Mar-10-2009 14:14  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
denys envy
no scratch, no snatch...

i'm still working on my playlist. matching up bpms in big beat is really hard... i think i'm going about it the wrong way maybe?

i only got 6 tracks so far that are in the relatively same range.

Old Post Mar-10-2009 14:40  Russia
Click Here to See the Profile for denys envy Click here to Send denys envy a Private Message Visit denys envy's homepage! Add denys envy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

quote:
Originally posted by denys envy
i'm still working on my playlist. matching up bpms in big beat is really hard... i think i'm going about it the wrong way maybe?

Yeah, the BPM's in big beat vary wildly. I had to abandon about half of my playlist the last time I did a mix.

Old Post Mar-10-2009 14:43  Finland
Ivand
look under my location

i hate drum and bass.

i do.

Old Post Mar-10-2009 14:55  Dominican Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for Ivand Click here to Send Ivand a Private Message Add Ivand to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
enydo
~

Nu Skool Breaks is weeeiiirrrdd.

Old Post Mar-10-2009 15:00 
Click Here to See the Profile for enydo Click here to Send enydo a Private Message Add enydo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

quote:
Originally posted by denys envy

It might be worth just doing quick cuts on the beat. It won't be smooth but it'll get you from A to B. Or bridge different tempos through ambient fades. I did a mix of old school stuff a couple of months ago and I had to go from 130-ish house to 140-ish hardcore, and I just did a quick ambient fade to cut out that 10bpm difference.

> Welcome To the Future [Driving Progressive]
> Autumn Drive [Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]

Old Post Mar-10-2009 15:31  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > DJing / Production / Promotion > DJ Promotion > ::. ** Win a genre, make a mix - Challenge ** .::
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (42): « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread