Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > when was (is) the peak of Tiesto?
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Mokuyoujima
Junior tranceaddict

Question when was (is) the peak of Tiesto?

serious question from newfaggy-chick. :curiously:

quote:
Originally posted by Mmanu
Tiesto killed trance.

I now dub thee,....

TiestoAddict Forums

http://bit.ly/2q2AGA3

it would be appreciated if u guys tell me Tij's prime and its reasons (tunes, sets, awards, logs of TA...)

cheers!

Old Post Oct-13-2019 16:24  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for Mokuyoujima Click here to Send Mokuyoujima a Private Message Add Mokuyoujima to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

What do you mean by 'peak' ?

Old Post Oct-13-2019 16:41 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ted Promo
NWO WOLFPACK INSANE

Try looking into Tiesto - Fly. It’s arguably his finest work and represents the pinnacle of his production.

Old Post Oct-13-2019 17:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Ted Promo Click here to Send Ted Promo a Private Message Add Ted Promo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mokuyoujima
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Lews
What do you mean by 'peak' ?

refer 2 u! there are too many measures...
since I am typical "EDM" generation, I regarded him as an old guy who loves colabs... hehe ‚ƒ‚ˆ‚‚Ž‚‡‚… ‚‚™ ‚–‚‰‚…‚— ‚‚Œ‚š

Old Post Oct-13-2019 17:31  Japan
Click Here to See the Profile for Mokuyoujima Click here to Send Mokuyoujima a Private Message Add Mokuyoujima to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Well, you're not wrong. He's 50 years old and he loves collaborations.

Old Post Oct-13-2019 18:05 
Click Here to See the Profile for Lews Click here to Send Lews a Private Message Add Lews to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
klappa
Supreme tranceaddict

His peak was around 2004. Not to say he was has his best just that he had his peak exposure in that year when he released his Just Be album and played in the Olympics.

Old Post Oct-13-2019 18:44 
Click Here to See the Profile for klappa Click here to Send klappa a Private Message Add klappa to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I couldn't give a shit about awards, exposure or even his mixing, because I never liked him as a DJ. But I'll always have a bit of nostalgia for his In My Memory album, and I defy anyone to tell me Suburban Train and Obsession aren't absolute belters.

> I Dreamed Of Summer [Deep & Melodic House]
> Into The Blue [Progressive]
> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]

Old Post Oct-13-2019 23:03  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

Also, it's quite terrifying to think the OP wasn't even born when that album came out, but she's still 18 years old.

> I Dreamed Of Summer [Deep & Melodic House]
> Into The Blue [Progressive]
> Hangover Square [House/Tech/Progressive]

Old Post Oct-13-2019 23:08  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Paradox Lost
In This Twilight

I guess Tiλsto In Concert to Parade of the Athletes seems like the correct range, or 2003 and 2004.

And my phone just autocorrected his name to include the umlaut, so while he may be many years past his peak, it still seems like he’s doing just fine.

Old Post Oct-14-2019 00:39  Palestine
Click Here to See the Profile for Paradox Lost Click here to Send Paradox Lost a Private Message Add Paradox Lost to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

It was all downhill after he abandoned Da Joker.

(seriously, anything before Tiesto In Concert, his true Shark Jumping moment)

(~)

Old Post Oct-14-2019 02:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mokuyoujima
Junior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Sykonee
It was all downhill after he abandoned Da Joker.

(seriously, anything before Tiesto In Concert, his true Shark Jumping moment)

ahh Forbidden Paradise! now that's prob "forgotten paradise"...

https://youtu.be/-4NA9_pvSAk

http://trance.nu/v4/interviews/dj-tisto-tijs-verwest

Old Post Oct-14-2019 03:46  Japan
Lews
Platipus And Prog Addict

Why do people consider 2003-2004 his 'peak exposure' ? Those albums barely charted and it's seriously difficult to imagine many people outside the world of trance and trance music forums had any idea who he was at the time. 'Adagio for Strings' never even hit #1 on Billboard's Dance Singles Sales chart.

It wasn't until 2010 that a song of his first hit the Billboard Hot 100 and it was 2014 when he finally was in the UK top10 and had two songs in the Billboard Hot 100. Based on chart appearances, 2014 was his peak in popularity.

Old Post Oct-14-2019 07:32 

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > when was (is) the peak of Tiesto?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread