Become a part of the TranceAddict community!Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
NY1004
Sudoku Addict

Summerstage was seriously like the EDM version of woodstock. AMAZING!! I liked his set a lot better from last year. Great meeting Fr0st, MissBliss, TranceEyes!, BxNemo and bubbleravegirl. And to all the other TA's great seeing you all as usual. The rain didn't really bother me too much until around 9pm when I started to get fockin cold. But those group hugs were nice. It was awesome hearing FX Zone - Synthasia!!! Thats one of the few that I remember.

I didn't really want to head back home to the Bronx soaking wet, so ate a light dinner with Mets4012 and Holycow...the people in the diner were looking at us all weird hehe, but whatever we were hungry.

Last edited by NY1004 on Jun-26-2004 at 22:04

Old Post Jun-26-2004 12:36  South Korea
Click Here to See the Profile for NY1004 Click here to Send NY1004 a Private Message Add NY1004 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psionic
Dark & Dirty

quote:
Originally posted by LuNaSeA
whatchu talkin bout foo?!

PvD vs Marco V - For A Revolt
*aka revolt vs. for an angel*

had a very magikal time, couldn't care less for the music pvd was playing-- the rain was fucking awesome and made the entire night so special

My bad :P

Old Post Jun-26-2004 13:45  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Psionic Click here to Send Psionic a Private Message Add Psionic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Psionic
Dark & Dirty

Oh yeah, anyone else's ears still hurt a little (if you were in the front of the stage)?

Old Post Jun-26-2004 13:50  Israel
Click Here to See the Profile for Psionic Click here to Send Psionic a Private Message Add Psionic to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Konijn
Subverting Paradigms

paul dropped a good, hard set -- the rain made it all the more unique

side benefit of the rain: it kept DT's away which are usually out in full force at Summerstage events so there was copious blazing going on

i was hoping von duck would treat us to some older classics since we got soaked, but it was all good

[Dark Disco|Frozen Balearic|Gay Biker-House| Boogie-Trance|Heavy Electronica|Soft-Goth]

Old Post Jun-26-2004 13:55  Greece
Click Here to See the Profile for Konijn Click here to Send Konijn a Private Message Visit Konijn's homepage! Add Konijn to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

Well....here is my review....Joey (bitchboynyc) convinced me to go, and I am glad that he did because I had an awesome time. The rain came down and it cooled me off. My pants were so drenched the would have been falling off if it werent for the assistance front my north face waist bag. Vtechs shirt saved my cameras life.

Speaking of which I must meet up with Vtec before he leaves back to PA to return his shirt. VTEC.....Msg me in aim or get my house # from Joey. When I left I could not find him.

The only TA's I meet were the ones we were mostly hanging with all night. I hear there were alot of other TA's there but I have no idea where they were hiding. It was a pleasure to meet Miss Bliss, Frost, Galapidite, Vtech, Bri, Indy, Danax, Raversurge, citykitty, Alyssa and her boyfriend, and Jen, Trunks, and a whole bunch of other TA's. Sorry if I forgot but there are so many to list. I was dancing my ass off in a mudd puddle and didnt care. My hair was drenched, my makeup was smeared but I still had a great time. Before this event I did not like PVD at all. After this event I so see him in a different light. He threw it down and he definelty had some energy that made me move.

The lights and smoke were really great, the rain coming through the lights looked like little sparkles...and the atmosphere, and the vibe of the people was great That remix of Synthasia he dropped was off the hook. Somehow someway I hope someone gets this set up online. I would defiently like to have it as a memory. I didnt take any pics.

On my way out someone stepped on my foot really hardcore. It almost feels like the tip of my toe is broken. I hope not. Overall very fun experience. It would defiently make me consider going to summerstage next year. Joey I owe you bigtime for this one!!!!!

Old Post Jun-26-2004 14:18  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Werewolf
...addicted to someone...

First of all: AMAZING SET ! Harder than I expected, but I luved it. I can't say anything about the crowd ; made the set even better... However, the rain wasn't much fun to me since I came from Baltimore and driving back all wet wasn't fun either
Btw. I'll never ever come to NY by car (on Friday). It took me 6 !!! hours to get to NY.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 14:24  Turkey
Click Here to See the Profile for Werewolf Click here to Send Werewolf a Private Message Visit Werewolf's homepage! Add Werewolf to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

It took me 1 hour to get home from NYC to Queens. I was driving home like grandma....at like no more than 40 MPH. My windows were getting all fogged up and I couldnt see shit from the hard ass rain. Plus I didnt want to take any chances since I had some alchohal in my system.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 14:33  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for euphoria Click here to Send euphoria a Private Message Visit euphoria's homepage! Add euphoria to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanAX
Trance Gazer

quote:
Originally posted by partyhopper
Wet and wild for sure, and that will make this one to remember.
It didn't dampen the crowd's enthusiasm at all.
Good thing it wasn't lightning or a torrential downpour, but there were constant threats of both.
I thought the raindrops looked cool against the lasers, smoke, and strobe.
PVD seemed to play harder than usual (or at least that I'm used to hearing). Either there was a lot of delay between the front and back speakers, or I heard a few trainwrecks. Still a great set nonetheless. He didn't repeat any tracks.

yeah there was a little delay between front and back speakers. It sounds like trainwreck in the back..

"It's not just a hobby, it's not just love, it's the extreme passion that lives inside my heart which leads me to the ultimate addiction and it has become an essential part of my life that I can't live without it. MUZIK IS LIFE."
D.A.R.K. - NYC ENTERTAINMENT GROUP
DJ Dan X Site

Old Post Jun-26-2004 14:55  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanAX Click here to Send DanAX a Private Message Visit DanAX's homepage! Add DanAX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DanAX
Trance Gazer

quote:
Originally posted by ogvh5150
Also he didn't play that many of his own songs for all you PvD haters out there. Maybe like one or two.

Yeah, kinda surprising though...

"It's not just a hobby, it's not just love, it's the extreme passion that lives inside my heart which leads me to the ultimate addiction and it has become an essential part of my life that I can't live without it. MUZIK IS LIFE."
DJ Dan X Site

Old Post Jun-26-2004 14:56  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for DanAX Click here to Send DanAX a Private Message Visit DanAX's homepage! Add DanAX to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
euphoria

I was def pleased with that because i am not a fan of his productions.

Old Post Jun-26-2004 14:58  United States
DanAX
Trance Gazer

quote:
Originally posted by PvDOBseSSioN
the fuckin fog up front was fuckin killin everybody, wat da hell was up with it???? it was constantly on and nobody could see shit for like 3 hours. but anyway im happy cause it was a good nite and i got my flyer signed by the one and only PvD!!! well im now off to work from 8am to midnight with no sleep im gonna die!!! i will post further information later

Yeah, I was in the front most of the time during the light.. that focking fog machine was so annoying...

DJ Dan X Site

Old Post Jun-26-2004 15:02  United States
dj paranoia
tranceaddict in training

what was the first song he played at 6:00?? I must have it!! What a great set/night! The rain made the evening so really really cool. and the way he handed out paper towels to people at one point??? PvD rocks!

Old Post Jun-26-2004 15:12  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for dj paranoia Click here to Send dj paranoia a Private Message Add dj paranoia to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > USA > USA - New York > Paul van Dyk @ Summerstage 2004 (Central Park)
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (24): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackZabiela peak time/end of set tune!!! [2006] [2]

Click here to listen to the sample!Pause playbackKooler - "Freefall" (Abakus Remix) [2004]

Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread