Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > I have no words...
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
kotsy

I always loved the movie "Go". To me it always felt like Pulp Fiction but with a younger cast.

Download my latest podcast or go to hell

Old Post Sep-01-2015 01:52  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for kotsy Click here to Send kotsy a Private Message Add kotsy to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
DJ RANN
Supreme tranceaddict

Go is actually OK, but you should wash you mouth out for mentioning it and Pulp Fiction in the same sentence. It's not in the same league.

Human Traffic is crap. Every dance music cliche rolled in to one trite and poorly acted, poorly directed fodder vehicle to cash in on a wave. Nearly as cringeworthy as kevin and perry go large.

It's dated now but one of the films that was great (including the soundtrack which is fucking incredible) is loved up. May not have the glitz or budget of Go but a quientessential slice of of 90's dance music culture. Did I mention the soundtrack?

Old Post Sep-01-2015 22:39 
Click Here to See the Profile for DJ RANN Click here to Send DJ RANN a Private Message Add DJ RANN to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
Human Traffic is crap.

LOL, I actually didn't mind Human Traffic. A bit clichéd, sure, but there were some funny parts. The vinyl pusher scene in the record store was great, and the super jaded guy at the club/rave talking to the pilled up guy talking shit.

"What's your name?"
"Yeah man, safe as fuck"
"... Your name is safe as fuck?"

Old Post Sep-01-2015 23:07  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

quote:
Originally posted by Sushipunk
LOL, I actually didn't mind Human Traffic. A bit clichéd, sure, but there were some funny parts. The vinyl pusher scene in the record store was great, and the super jaded guy at the club/rave talking to the pilled up guy talking shit.

"What's your name?"
"Yeah man, safe as fuck"
"... Your name is safe as fuck?"

Fuckin quality film. Yeah, cliche UK rave scene, but still tops in my book. Loved the music, the relationships and if you see it as you're first getting into the club scene, and then diving full on in for the next 16 years, everything is strangely accurate with how the friends all act.

Old Post Sep-01-2015 23:16  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mach X
DEMF Ambassador

And GO is great, but the only ravey thing about it, is that they're going to a rave, and another subplot is about pills.

Groove is a far better rave movie.

Human Traffic FTW though, I SAID NICE ONE BRUV!!!

Old Post Sep-01-2015 23:19  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Mach X Click here to Send Mach X a Private Message Visit Mach X's homepage! Add Mach X to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sushipunk
Flickering, I roam

"I SAID NICE ONE BRUVVVVAAAAAA"
"Fuck off" *click*

Old Post Sep-01-2015 23:26  Australia
Click Here to See the Profile for Sushipunk Click here to Send Sushipunk a Private Message Visit Sushipunk's homepage! Add Sushipunk to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Swamper
Webmonstah

Love this one - 24 Hour Party People

"In a world of illusion you only see what you feel"

Old Post Sep-02-2015 17:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Swamper Click here to Send Swamper a Private Message Visit Swamper's homepage! Add Swamper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
bluecloud
Junior tranceaddict

It's all gone Pete Tong

Old Post Sep-03-2015 00:48  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for bluecloud Click here to Send bluecloud a Private Message Add bluecloud to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Godking5
Supreme tranceaddict

Stark Raving Mad deserves at least some mention. I mean that fucking soundtrack , digweed and muir and the whole bedrock crew. And the whole movie is on youtube to watch.

Old Post Sep-04-2015 23:01  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Godking5 Click here to Send Godking5 a Private Message Add Godking5 to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Jem_hadar
I remember...

quote:
Originally posted by DJ RANN
It's dated now but one of the films that was great (including the soundtrack which is fucking incredible) is loved up. May not have the glitz or budget of Go but a quientessential slice of of 90's dance music culture. Did I mention the soundtrack?

I was fucking sold at Lena Headey.

Old Post Sep-06-2015 06:02  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Jem_hadar Click here to Send Jem_hadar a Private Message Visit Jem_hadar's homepage! Add Jem_hadar to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zookeeper
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mach X

Groove is a far better rave movie.

...agreed!

Old Post Sep-19-2015 00:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for zookeeper Click here to Send zookeeper a Private Message Add zookeeper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
zookeeper
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by *~LiSa-LoO~*
Either way, I don't care, he's still nice to look at!

wow, that suddenly made me really miss old late night *~LiSa-LoO~* threads

Old Post Sep-19-2015 00:02  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for zookeeper Click here to Send zookeeper a Private Message Add zookeeper to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Local Scene Info / Discussion / EDM Event Listings > Canada > Canada - Toronto & Southern Ont. > I have no words...
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread