Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > why darude isnt a trance dj?
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
Rostros
Carbon Sasquatch

Darude Darude Darude when will this kid get his hair cut he looks like 15 on his video, the reason why darude is popular is coz 80% of radio stations played his tracks inc MTV . I guess he has done ok for himself as it aint easy producing records and getting to a certain level of achivement , if he is happy then let him smile

" You bet your ass we're all alike... we've been spoon-fed baby food at school when we hungered for steak... the bits of meat that you did let slip
through were pre-chewed and tasteless. We've been dominated by sadists, or ignored by the apathetic. The few that had something to teach found us will-
ing pupils, but those few are like drops of water in the desert."

Old Post Apr-23-2002 11:41  United Kingdom
Click Here to See the Profile for Rostros Click here to Send Rostros a Private Message Add Rostros to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
darudevil
Senior tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by Mr.Mystery
For me - I like Darude (well, at least Sandstorm since that's the only "real" track he has) but I dislike JS16 VERY much...

Everything he does sells a million copies but sounds exactly the same...

All the remixes (he's remixed Britney Spears... get the idea?), all the other projects (Bomfunk MC's), everything...

If I ever get a record deal offer from 16inch records (which I won't ) I'll be sure to avoid it...

Still feel the same?

'Salmiakki Sessions' 1st Friday of the month on ETN.fm
.com - Twitter - Facebook - YouTube - SoundCloud

Old Post May-23-2016 10:15  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for darudevil Click here to Send darudevil a Private Message Visit darudevil's homepage! Add darudevil to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Mr.Mystery
303 <3 808

That's a bit funny.

In Search of Anything [Magnetism Digital]

Old Post May-23-2016 10:39  Finland
Click Here to See the Profile for Mr.Mystery Click here to Send Mr.Mystery a Private Message Add Mr.Mystery to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Surprise of the year

Jerom - Sunrise Vision (Original Guitar Mix) [Midnight Aurora], click here

Old Post May-23-2016 21:00  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Trance-M is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sykonee
Supreme EMCritic

Where did all these people go!??

(~)

Old Post May-23-2016 21:06  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for Sykonee Click here to Send Sykonee a Private Message Visit Sykonee's homepage! Add Sykonee to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

I think this is the thread to post this:

The Story of 'Sandstorm' by Darude (published December 26, 2017)

Old Post Jan-05-2018 21:07  Netherlands
Click Here to See the Profile for Trance-M Click here to Send Trance-M a Private Message Add Trance-M to your buddy list Trance-M is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
r5a
snake inverter

epic

Old Post Jan-05-2018 22:31  Canada
Click Here to See the Profile for r5a Click here to Send r5a a Private Message Add r5a to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
TigerClaw
GDJB Staff

Darude even has his own Twitch stream, when he's live, he's mostly making tracks.
https://www.twitch.tv/darude

MarkusSchulz.com Party107.com 160k 32k

Last edited by TigerClaw on Jan-06-2018 at 02:38

Old Post Jan-06-2018 00:26  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for TigerClaw Click here to Send TigerClaw a Private Message Add TigerClaw to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
refuge
Acid addict

LOL. I love how all these 15 year old threads are being resurrected.

Old Post Jan-06-2018 01:32 
Click Here to See the Profile for refuge Click here to Send refuge a Private Message Visit refuge's homepage! Add refuge to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
SYSTEM-J
IDKFA.

I've seen a few old threads about Darude bumped for some reason, and as seen here he was happy to post on TA and answer people's criticisms. In text he always came across just as down to earth as he does in the video, and you have to respect that. I suppose he's made so much money from Sandstorm that he can afford to laugh about it now.

> The Rebel Alliance [Tech/Progressive]
> The Sunset Session [Everything]
> Live @ Repose 001 12.02.17 [Ambient Electronica]

Old Post Jan-06-2018 10:26  England
Click Here to See the Profile for SYSTEM-J Click here to Send SYSTEM-J a Private Message Visit SYSTEM-J's homepage! Add SYSTEM-J to your buddy list SYSTEM-J is online now Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Vernon Wanderer
Eye Q'ed

Vernon Wanderer will rediscover his roots back unto wandering vast endless plains miserably....

Old Post Jan-06-2018 17:01 
Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon Wanderer Click here to Send Vernon Wanderer a Private Message Add Vernon Wanderer to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Trance-M
Since 1994 tranceaddict

Darude really likes to bump old threads
What thousands of producers dream of happened to him and as far as I can tell he didn't change a lot and kept his feet on the ground.
I guess posting a requested tracklist 13 years later says enough: http://www.tranceaddict.com/forums/...=6#.WlEDRMSQDFk

Old Post Jan-06-2018 17:23  Netherlands

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Music Discussion > why darude isnt a trance dj?
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread