Become a part of the TranceAddict community! Frequently Asked Questions - Please read this if you haven'tSearch the forums
TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > ok, that's a RAP!
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread    Post A Reply
sensei_aki
tranceaddict in training

Rasta ok, that's a RAP!

quite interested in making up a few raps of my own.

just about general things in life, nothing special, telling a story type thing.

and was wondering what is the easiest way to go about it?

I had the idea of just first writing down what I wanted to say, organising it into sentences or stanzas or whatever theyre called, and just changing each of the last words in each one into something similar, ie using a thesaurus, so that every two or three lines rhymes.

I mean is that a good way to go about it?

please don't be mad at me if I've posted this in the wrong place, I'm only new.

Don't change it back again. You've been warned.
-verndogs

Old Post Aug-09-2006 15:20  England
Click Here to See the Profile for sensei_aki Add sensei_aki to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
wizniz
operator

lol

Old Post Aug-09-2006 15:21 
Click Here to See the Profile for wizniz Click here to Send wizniz a Private Message Visit wizniz's homepage! Add wizniz to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
philliez
Supreme tranceaddict

Re: ok, that's a RAP!

quote:
Originally posted by sensei_aki
quite interested in making up a few raps of my own.

just about general things in life, nothing special, telling a story type thing.

and was wondering what is the easiest way to about it?

I had the idea of just first writing down what I wanted to say, organising it into sentences or stanzas or whatever theyre called, and just changing each of the last words in each one into something similar, ie using a thesaurus, so that every two or three lines rhymes.

I mean is that a good way to go about it?

please don't be mad at me if I've posted this in the wrong place, I'm only new.

lol. everyone has their own way of doing it. just flow, and keep a pen and pad handy and see how that goes for you. unell you want to be all technical about it with a thesaurus and all. but if you have a good vocabulary just start flowing

You confuse people when you ask them who were the people who built the nuclear bombs. Even I don’t know who’s not doing it now with their thoughtless actions, and in their spirits.

Dont just do something, sit there.

Old Post Aug-09-2006 15:22  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for philliez Click here to Send philliez a Private Message Visit philliez's homepage! Add philliez to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
placebo
501xx

lol @ this thread

"We did not choose to become robots. There was an accident in our studio. We were working on our sampler, and at exactly 9:09 a.m. on September 9, 1999, it exploded. When we regained consciousness, we discovered that we had become robots."

Old Post Aug-09-2006 15:23  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for placebo Click here to Send placebo a Private Message Add placebo to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
StanVoid
more hot pockets!

your avatar is sick!

mmm....Mortal Kombat 3

Arpi - Somewhere Else (Stan Void Remix ) [ Neuroscience ] (Out Now)
Forerunners - Dragonfly (Stan Void Remix ) [ Solaris ] (Out Soon)
Stan Void - Transience [ Solaris ] (Out December 2008)
Stan Void - When You Know / Come Play [ Real Music ]
Stan Void - Montavo / A Moment's Definition [ Somatic Sense Vision ]

Old Post Aug-09-2006 15:24  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for StanVoid Click here to Send StanVoid a Private Message Visit StanVoid's homepage! Add StanVoid to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
strik3r

1.) First you gotta make sure they know your first name, so it'll start of like this:

My name is sensei...

2.) Then you gotta tell 'em what you like, like this:

...and I like potatoes...

3.) Then you gotta let 'em know what you don't like:

...those beet eatin' hoes be smellin' like camel toes...

Do you not like beets or hoes or smelly camel toes? Or just beet eating hoes? Are you talking about vaginas showing through spandex or actual toes of camels? The choice is yours! The possibilities are endless, and at this point you should be able to shoot your new Rap into the stratosphere! I hope this helps!

Old Post Aug-09-2006 15:46 
Add  to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ivand
look under my location

quote:
Originally posted by strik3r
1.) First you gotta make sure they know your first name, so it'll start of like this:

My name is sensei...

2.) Then you gotta tell 'em what you like, like this:

...and I like potatoes...

3.) Then you gotta let 'em know what you don't like:

...those beet eatin' hoes be smellin' like camel toes...

Do you not like beets or hoes or smelly camel toes? Or just beet eating hoes? Are you talking about vaginas showing through spandex or actual toes of camels? The choice is yours! The possibilities are endless, and at this point you should be able to shoot your new Rap into the stratosphere! I hope this helps!

Old Post Aug-09-2006 16:14  Dominican Republic
Click Here to See the Profile for Ivand Click here to Send Ivand a Private Message Add Ivand to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Sunsnail
Global Moderator

http://cache.techie-buzz.com/images/stories/ExtractFramesFromGIFImages_AC55/animated_gif_movies.gif

Old Post Aug-09-2006 23:02 
Click Here to See the Profile for Sunsnail Click here to Send Sunsnail a Private Message Add Sunsnail to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
RapidFire
Supreme tranceaddict

quote:
Originally posted by StanVoid
your avatar is sick!

mmm....Mortal Kombat 3

deadly alliance.

Old Post Aug-09-2006 23:18  Serbia
Click Here to See the Profile for RapidFire Click here to Send RapidFire a Private Message Add RapidFire to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
all-nite-freak

i hope for your sake that you are black
grills clash with skinny pink lips

Old Post Aug-09-2006 23:25 
Click Here to See the Profile for all-nite-freak Click here to Send all-nite-freak a Private Message Add all-nite-freak to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Nicolas Oliver
Supreme tranceaddict

Hahaha.

Arite dood, first off they are called 'bars' and there are typically 16 bars in a verse. So two bars would be, for ex:
"Laid his ass flat in the street, ya I splattered his mind//
Walked away with his life and his shine//" (Fat Joe).

Secondly, when you write it's a good idea to pick a general topic, e.g. having a tough childhood, and focus your rap on that.

Thirdly, if you're actually interested in making songs, then hooks are key! Hooks are the choruses, i.e. the few bars that get repeated throughout the song at the end of every verse. Put together a catchy hook and people will eventually listen to the verses.

Finally, the best way to learn how to write is to freestyle...you have to be able to freestyle and flow fluently in order to write imho. After freestlying for a bit you'll see how to put together words and how certain things flow together better than others.

I don't know....those are some helpful starting points I think.

Nick.

Old Post Aug-10-2006 00:52 
Click Here to See the Profile for Nicolas Oliver Click here to Send Nicolas Oliver a Private Message Add Nicolas Oliver to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message
Ygrene
Dr. Stinkburger Deluxe

Right here is everything you need to know about rapping:

CLICK HERE

and crank up the bass!!!

Old Post Aug-10-2006 01:00  United States
Click Here to See the Profile for Ygrene Click here to Send Ygrene a Private Message Add Ygrene to your buddy list Report this Post Reply w/Quote Edit/Delete Message

TranceAddict Forums > Main Forums > Chill Out Room > ok, that's a RAP!
Post New Thread    Post A Reply

Pages (2): [1] 2 »  
Last Thread   Next Thread
Show Printable Version | Subscribe to this Thread